BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

34 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I hate to keep bringing it back up but the idea that Tony Mowbray and Rovers were doing well because of the injuries was one in which that internal bias was in overdrive; trying to window dress it as 'forced selection' was wrong because even within that time Mowbray had rotated in equal measures as prior. 

No you don't hate to bring it up, you wouldn't do it so often if you did! What you can't seem to grasp is that there is no right or wrong here. Its not about facts, its about what people make of them. It is a FACT that there was a little period when we were down to the bare bones and the manager didn't have the ability to change the side around as much as he had been doing. Its also a fact that we played better and our results improved.

Whether the two are connected or not is a matter of opinion not fact. I say they probably are, you say they are not. So what?

41 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

However, in my opinion, the line is drawn when people are starting to be accused of Venkys stooges

This is presumably also aimed at me because you used it in your recent rant. I cannot deny using it sometime or other but I don't recall using it in months if not years. How I used it then very much depends on the context and what I was responding to.

So, are people STARTING to to be so accused? When? By whom? I honestly haven't noticed it. You write as if there has been an epidemic of it.

As for lines being crossed, I think the line is drawn when people are accused of being disappointed when Rovers win. Again, its a matter of opinion. 

24 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The counter is when people do admit they were wrong it’s then a case of “can’t stand folk who change their mind all the time”

Straw Man again! Who has admitted they were wrong and been attacked for changing their mind? If this is a reference to Chaddy, he NEVER admits he was wrong! 

I think you should broaden your horizons and expect that other people will think differently than you and not be so offended all the time.

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

Straw Man again! Who has admitted they were wrong and been attacked for changing their mind? If this is a reference to Chaddy, he NEVER admits he was wrong! 

I think you should broaden your horizons and expect that other people will think differently than you and not be so offended all the time.

I'm not the one who has been offended with the talk of agendas, 47er. You should save that for the other lads who have spent 2 pages arguing about why it's unfair...including you. Weird.

10 minutes ago, 47er said:

No you don't hate to bring it up, you wouldn't do it so often if you did! What you can't seem to grasp is that there is no right or wrong here. Its not about facts, its about what people make of them. It is a FACT that there was a little period when we were down to the bare bones and the manager didn't have the ability to change the side around as much as he had been doing. Its also a fact that we played better and our results improved.

Whether the two are connected or not is a matter of opinion not fact. I say they probably are, you say they are not. So what?

This is presumably also aimed at me because you used it in your recent rant. I cannot deny using it sometime or other but I don't recall using it in months if not years. How I used it then very much depends on the context and what I was responding to.

So, are people STARTING to to be so accused? When? By whom? I honestly haven't noticed it. You write as if there has been an epidemic of it.

As for lines being crossed, I think the line is drawn when people are accused of being disappointed when Rovers win. Again, its a matter of opinion. 

Ignoring the rest because it's boring I want to deal with the capital "FACT" you've declared. 

What "little period" was this when Mowbray didn't have the ability to change the side?

For the Brentford, Stoke, Derby and Swansea games he played the same side; changed vs Bristol due to suspensions and won; reverted back to the side against Wigan and drew. We then had a series of games in quick succession because of Christmas which also coincided with injuries and we had a bad spell. Since Christmas Mowbray has rotated the same amount as he had done throughout the season, except used different players than he otherwise would. 

If you declare something as a fact then show it. I simply don't believe that Mowbray's selection was forced due to injures which coincided with the upturn in form. You may believe the two are connected but by saying you are basing that opinion on fact you should show it. The actual truth is that Mowbray's rotation has continued as normal throughout our injury crisis..in fact, I'd argue he used a more stable line up prior to Dack and co being injured having had an albeit very quick look at some starting line ups.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'm not the one who has been offended with the talk of agendas, 47er. You should save that for the other lads who have spent 2 pages arguing about why it's unfair...including you. Weird.

Ignoring the rest because it's boring I want to deal with the capital "FACT" you've declared. 

What "little period" was this when Mowbray didn't have the ability to change the side?

For the Brentford, Stoke, Derby and Swansea games he played the same side; changed vs Bristol due to suspensions and won; reverted back to the side against Wigan and drew. We then had a series of games in quick succession because of Christmas which also coincided with injuries and we had a bad spell. Since Christmas Mowbray has rotated the same amount as he had done throughout the season, except used different players than he otherwise would. 

If you declare something as a fact then show it. I simply don't believe that Mowbray's selection was forced due to injures which coincided with the upturn in form. You may believe the two are connected but by saying you are basing that opinion on fact you should show it. The actual truth is that Mowbray's rotation has continued as normal throughout our injury crisis..in fact, I'd argue he used a more stable line up prior to Dack and co being injured having had an albeit very quick look at some starting line ups.

I did reply to you briefly and in a non-hostile way but I'm afraid it was deleted once again.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, 47er said:

I did reply to you briefly and in a non-hostile way but I'm afraid it was deleted once again.

Not by the mods. In fact you're one of very few posters who hasn't had any posts hidden in the last two pages or so. 

8 hours ago, DE. said:

Not by the mods. In fact you're one of very few posters who hasn't had any posts hidden in the last two pages or so. 

Well I swear to you that I posted and it disappeared. But I accept what you say of course.

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, 47er said:

Well I swear to you that I posted and it disappeared. But I accept what you say of course.

Yeah I know you've raised this issue before, all I can say is it definitely isn't us in this instance! I can see all posts that are hidden and there aren't any of yours there, and we don't delete posts for legal reasons. 

34 minutes ago, DE. said:

Yeah I know you've raised this issue before, all I can say is it definitely isn't us in this instance! I can see all posts that are hidden and there aren't any of yours there, and we don't delete posts for legal reasons. 

Fair enough, I accept what you say. I must have Captain Haddock Syndrome!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DE. said:

I'm not making it up though. On one of those instances where whoever was on duty insisted my post had not been deleted, it was up there in full as a quote from another poster!

Yet it didn't appear anywhere as my post!

Gremlins in the system are bad enough but I feel I've got one of my own!!

• Backroom
49 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'm not making it up though. On one of those instances where whoever was on duty insisted my post had not been deleted, it was up there in full as a quote from another poster!

Yet it didn't appear anywhere as my post!

Gremlins in the system are bad enough but I feel I've got one of my own!!

I remember that. Don't worry, I don't think you're losing your mind...........yet! ?

But DE's right, there's nothing getting hidden from you on both occasions, we will always say if we have.

You just seem pretty unlucky with glitches. You been kicking black cats?!

• Like 1

The club is a complete pathetic joke for backing this manager. Even with our injuries, TM single-handedly cost us everything with the absolute worst possible team selection anyone can come up with. Like I don't understand how this is not straight-out sabotage. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Amo said:

It's laughable that the parallels with Bowyer will go unheeded and we will once again sleepwalk into oblivion.

At least Bowyer didn't waste £12m on two of the division's worst strikers.

Said it a million times and I’ll say it again - he wants sacking for signing those two dollopers alone. A club like us simply cannot waste money like that. Unforgivable.

• Like 5

Tony, we are not going to get relegated this season. Thanks for that.

You got us back from the third tier at the first attempt - thanks for that also.

But please go.

Go now and let someone else take a look at the side between now and the end of the season and assess how to take us forward next year - because you have shown that you don’t have what it takes to get our great yet fragile club the promotion that it so badly needs. If/when we do a Bolton, you will be long gone anyway, but we will still be here picking at the wreckage.

Go now before it’s too late. It may already be.

• Like 6

Well February is over and i did reasonably well to stay off his case but today just showed why it'll always be a step forwards and a step back under this fella. Players were up for it but found themselves 2 nil down then some heads go down but they were up against a brick wall today in terms of their own formation and tactics.

Just a case of sit and wait for Derby.

Yes we could have done with the bits of quality that are missing but we've coped fine so far and that wasn't the issue today at 0-0 or 0-1. What was was the disjointed tactical mess that hindered us everytime we had the ball, which was quite often for a second at a time !

So so predictable and the main point is your marquee signings have to step up in these games, they never do. WHY ?  Well for a start they are stuck in stupid position that only utilise any workrate they might have but hinder any actual talent there may or may not be there. 

They were signed to the tune of 12 MILLION POUNDS yet offer nothing but water carrying the likes of Jason Lowe and Elliot Bennett are known for.

Honest Tony has plenty about him to have us in with a shout but he's flaws a plenty as well, that's the issue they hold us back as much as push us forwards.

Never mind it'll all be the players and refs fault.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

If Warnock is/was prepared to go to Ipswich, we should steam in and nick him off them before they move in.

Failing that as far as I am concerned there is absolutely no downside to potting Mowbray before the day is out and using the rest of the season to see if  Damien Johnson has got what it takes.

We're not going down and imo with Mowbray in charge we'll struggle to get to 60 points. There's absolutely nothing to lose for me.

• Like 3

• Backroom

3 points from 12 when the pressure is on says it all. There has been no corner turned here, it's the same old shit we have been witnessing all the way back to the Bowyer days. As soon as we get close to the playoffs we crumble and collapse. A weak mentality which will only change when we get a proper winner in the dugout. Nearly 10 years into Venky's tenure and we're still waiting for a Championship calibre winner to take the hot seat. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

3 points from 12 when the pressure is on says it all. There has been no corner turned here, it's the same old shit we have been witnessing all the way back to the Bowyer days. As soon as we get close to the playoffs we crumble and collapse. A weak mentality which will only change when we get a proper winner in the dugout. Nearly 10 years into Venky's tenure and we're still waiting for a Championship calibre winner to take the hot seat. 

We'll probably end the season behind Millwall because imo they have a good manager at this level and we do not.

• Like 3

All they've got to do though is sell a couple of players for big money to ease FFP and claw back some running costs. Then refuse to spend anything unless they can convince those lot it's long term 'investment' from trusted channels and that'll guarantee it goes on for another year or three.

Still a tenth place finish is on paper at least progress but you do feel at some point it will cave in like it did for GB. Money and chances cannot keep being wasted for that reason alone.

Today it's not the defeat it's the manner of it, then he comes out and blames the lack of balance he's responsible for creating at the beginning of that match.

Unbelievable really it's like he's a pundit commenting on someone else's game he's just watched completely devoid of any responsibility for it.

That's what annoys fans even those who fully support him.

• Like 7

But he won’t be potted, I know it, you all know it. 

We can all engage in hypotheticals about potential replacements, but he’s well in with the owners and the Chief Exec, there’s not the merest indication he’s under any pressure, so he will be here in August.

• Like 1