BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Got to go for me now, sick of how many times we've got within a sniff of the play offs and then gone an abysmal run of form. I've found it really hard following rovers the last two seasons, rarely excited by a starting line up and not excited by a win because it ultimately counts for nothing when we throw away all the hard work down the track. 

• Backroom

Every manager has a lifespan at whatever club they're at and Mowbray has reached his. He had a big chance this summer to seriously get us into playoff contention and he completely blew it. We've been left weak in numerous positions across the pitch, either because the players brought in aren't good enough or have never been used in the right way. I fear for what comes next under the idiots in charge, but Tony is done here. Unfortunately I'm not convinced he or anybody above him realises that yet.

• Like 3

If he'd played youngsters to give them a chance I would have understood losing. But all the old men and useless ones in the side?   He has to go.

In fact the whole club needs to be re-arranged from top to bottom. But that won't happen.

I'm telling you all now that with the way things might go in terms of finance we'll be starting next season again with Mulgrew. Williams and Bell in the back line.  Bennett shoehorned in somewhere and Samuel given a new deal.

He hasn't got either the finances or the spine to get rid of a lot of those. Number one priority for him is looking after everybody.

• Like 3

Just now, tomphil said:

I'm telling you all now that with the way things might go in terms of finance we'll be starting next season again with Mulgrew. Williams and Bell in the back line.  Bennett shoehorned in somewhere and Samuel given a new deal.

He hasn't got either the finances or the spine to get rid of a lot of those. Number one priority for him is looking after everybody.

Nyambe cashed in on, so a backline come August of:

Bennet - Mulgrew - Williams - Bell

Gulp.

2 minutes ago, bazza said:

If he'd played youngsters to give them a chance I would have understood losing. But all the old men and useless ones in the side?   He has to go.

In fact the whole club needs to be re-arranged from top to bottom. But that won't happen.

A small start would be to play in our blue and white shirts whenever possible, let’s try to instil a little pride.

• Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

I tend to agree. The madness is the Loons will believe mid-table mediocrity is the norm. Irrespective of their losses TM delivers stability. If I was a rich person/family, why would I not need value for money? Why are they not asking serious questions about what their eye-watering investment actually gets them? I'm no Loon apologist, but there must be a limit to their patience and I fear at some point they will pull the plug. Next year if they allow TM to continue as is. Where will that leave our club. I still don't know why they are here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bazza said:

Which is why those who have stuck by through this Venkys shit-show are starting to lose interest.

It’s a more ‘pleasant’ version of the Kean situation. A kick in the teeth but with a Werthers  Original to suck on.

im`e starved of watching attacking football,i just want genuine wingers,2 strikers up front,a solid back line,a goalkeeper who is`nt a flake and 2 full backs who can fly up the wings,give us some excitement please,i don`t care about promotion it`s not going to happen anytime soon,but i just want to see some ATTACKING FOOTBALL?

• Like 1

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I tend to agree. The madness is the Loons will believe mid-table mediocrity is the norm. Irrespective of their losses TM delivers stability. If I was a rich person/family, why would I not need value for money? Why are they not asking serious questions about what their eye-watering investment actually gets them? I'm no Loon apologist, but there must be a limit to their patience and I fear at some point they will pull the plug. Next year if they allow TM to continue as is. Where will that leave our club. I still don't know why they are here.

They have half an interest i think that's the main problem. Most of the time they just won't be arsed what's happening but when they take an interest and ask questions we probably suddenly get a reaction from the manager.  I just don't think they are that bothered that's why it's easy street and when a manager has been here long enough to see how it works they just play it to their own advantage.

The void between here and India remains huge for a host of reasons.  The inbetweener messenger man is either thick as pigswill or on such a good number himself that he doesn't want to risk by rocking their boat.

On Mowbray yes by and large he done a decent job but far from flawless yet if he did leave or get sacked you look at the squad and he's left us in a bit of a pickle. There'd be a hell of a hard job for the next guy to sort out really although he'd have some decent stuff to work with there is no proper defensive base no reliable goal scorer.........and probably no money !

• Like 1

Mowbray needed to get the spine of the team right and go from there. No need to be the best players in the division, just very good and importantly, consistent. Keeper, Centre Half, Central Midfielder and Forward. He has failed miserably. Never addressed the Keeper position, Centre Half sorted to a degree but best lad only a loanee and we don’t have the funds to buy, all midfielders flatter to deceive with none being consistent. Danny Graham been half decent up top but has had shelf life and is now way past his best. Completely spunked £12m on two cart horses to replace DG who, despite his age, is still better than either of them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e starved of watching attacking football,i just want genuine wingers,2 strikers up front,a solid back line,a goalkeeper who is`nt a flake and 2 full backs who can fly up the wings,give us some excitement please,i don`t care about promotion it`s not going to happen anytime soon,but i just want to see some ATTACKING FOOTBALL?

Yet Tony would have you believe that we play attractive, attacking football. We've literally just sat through 180 minutes of us lumping it forward to Armstrong or Holtby playing as a false 9. The mind boggles.

Just now, RoverKyle said:

Yet Tony would have you believe that we play attractive, attacking football. We've literally just sat through 180 minutes of us lumping it forward to Armstrong or Holtby playing as a false 9. The mind boggles.

well tony can`t hoodwink me thats attacking play!!!,ffs if there was a prize for going sideways and back we`de win it without question

• Like 1

Spine of the team is decent - Lenihan, Travis, Dack, Armstrong. A few decent players around the squad - Holtby, Evans, Nyambe.

But he's done himself by buying absolute and utter garbage strikers to play on the wing for £12M rather than sorting out the defence. Mistakes that big cost you your job.

He's only got himself to blame. Hope Venjys fancy dipping into their pocket this summer for a new manager and at least half a dozen new players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Spine of the team is decent - Lenihan, Travis, Dack, Armstrong. A few decent players around the squad - Holtby, Evans, Nyambe.

But he's done himself by buying absolute and utter garbage strikers to play on the wing for £12M rather than sorting out the defence. Mistakes that big cost you your job.

He's only got himself to blame. Hope Venjys fancy dipping into their pocket this summer for a new manager and at least half a dozen new players.

Exactly this. The spine of our team is easily top 6 quality, but that’s not even half the team. 

You’re right though, Tony can only blame himself, spending £12m on strikers without fixing CB#2, LB, any player with a remote bit of width. 

• Like 1