BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 minute ago, LDRover said:

There's some right bellends on there. Sum total of their argument is to ridicule anyone who dare question Mowbray, repeat the dumbing down of us as a club and then ask for alternatives - which then also get ridiculed.

Perish the thought those with different views should express them.

Just now, Eddie said:

It's a bit harsh to say that when we are comfortably midtable. 

Yeah I would agree there Eddie. However disappointed/frustrated we might be after the two results this week, we are a comfortably placed mid table club, which is the epitome of a 'competent championship side'.

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

someone who sits there week after week continually praising the team and manager no matter how catastrophic it gets or is going,the kind of fans who insists players like bennett are excellent and any criticism is frowned upon greatly

Well what's wrong with getting behind your club !?

• Like 6

Mowbray is doing a few things now that are really starting to irk me, obviously team selections, but that's ongoing. The 2 new things are saying that Barnsley, Wigan etc were "fighting for points" , are we not? Because we should be.

The second thing is how he is repeatedly saying every team will have injuries, bit it seems to me we are getting more than anyone, why is that? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

Mowbray's contract lasts until 2022.  With the club reluctant to refund season ticket holders, due to the financial situation, I doubt much thought will be given to paying off Mowbray and his staff anytime soon.  

The events at Wigan show just how precarious the situation is for many clubs - Rovers included - due to the virus.  I've no doubt that Mowbray will, at the very least, be given next season to try to break into the top six.  With finances so stretched I'm not sure how he - or indeed anyone who took his place - will be able to rebuild the squad in the way that it needs.  Personally, I like Mowbray and think, on the whole, he has done a decent job since he arrived.  Like all managers he has made mistakes. Some of the tactics can seem strange - still no idea was a false 9 is - unless it's another way of describing Gallagher or Brereton in terms of non-scoring forwards. Those two have been huge disappoints and costly mistakes.   A bit like Bob Saxton before him, he's been loyal to players and, like Saxton, that may ultimately cost him.  But, due to the financial situation I suspect he will see out his contract unless he decides otherwise.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It's a bit harsh to say that when we are comfortably midtable. 

Have you watched the last two performances. Inept to say the least. Where is our next point coming from.

Edited by rigger

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Mowbray's contract lasts until 2022.  With the club reluctant to refund season ticket holders, due to the financial situation, I doubt much thought will be given to paying off Mowbray and his staff anytime soon.  

The events at Wigan show just how precarious the situation is for many clubs - Rovers included - due to the virus.  I've no doubt that Mowbray will, at the very least, be given next season to try to break into the top six.  With finances so stretched I'm not sure how he - or indeed anyone who took his place - will be able to rebuild the squad in the way that it needs.  Personally, I like Mowbray and think, on the whole, he has done a decent job since he arrived.  Like all managers he has made mistakes. Some of the tactics can seem strange - still no idea was a false 9 is - unless it's another way of describing Gallagher or Brereton in terms of non-scoring forwards. Those two have been huge disappoints and costly mistakes.   A bit like Bob Saxton before him, he's been loyal to players and, like Saxton, that may ultimately cost him.  But, due to the financial situation I suspect he will see out his contract unless he decides otherwise.

I think you're spot on here - £2m plus in redundancy money is simply out of the club's reach right now.

2 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

some of the performances iv`e  seen over the last two seasons would`nt be tolerated by saxton,he was loyal but did`nt suffer fools one bit

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

So what we're saying is he should be sacked but we can't afford to do so?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

What is a happy clapper ?

They get offended easily on behalf of others, others who are often earning tens of thousands per week win lose or draw, play offs or midtable.

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So what we're saying is he should be sacked but we can't afford to do so?

No, Rev, what I'm saying is that the cost of paying up two years of a contract for the manager and his staff is going to have to be taken into consideration.  Personally, at the moment, I'm more than happy for him to stay for next season - which is likely to be another difficult one with the games between September and December likely to be behind closed doors and, who knows, the whole thing may end being behind closed doors.  I suspect, like many clubs, the Rovers simply want to survive intact during the period of this pandemic.  

• Like 3

Would a different manager not get more out of the likes of brereton, rothwell, gallagher and play anyone but beno at Lb. I feel like a different manager playing a different system, getting the most out the current squad round pegs in round holes etc. would need to make far fewer signings than tony would in order to get a bit of excitement back in the fans. That in itself is worth the 2m it might cost to sack him. 

Just now, Parsonblue said:

No, Rev, what I'm saying is that the cost of paying up two years of a contract for the manager and his staff is going to have to be taken into consideration.  Personally, at the moment, I'm more than happy for him to stay for next season - which is likely to be another difficult one with the games between September and December likely to be behind closed doors and, who knows, the whole thing may end being behind closed doors.  I suspect, like many clubs, the Rovers simply want to survive intact during the period of this pandemic.  

Excellent summing up of where I think we will be in 2020-21.

He likes to talk about what an honourable man he is so maybe he will walk. He set a target of 70 points and it is going to be difficult to get that now. Also I think that last night he sounded more than ever before like a man on the edge.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

Just now, RoverDom said:

Would a different manager not get more out of the likes of brereton, rothwell, gallagher and play anyone but beno at Lb. I feel like a different manager playing a different system, getting the most out the current squad round pegs in round holes etc. would need to make far fewer signings than tony would in order to get a bit of excitement back in the fans. That in itself is worth the 2m it might cost to sack him. 

no way on gods green earth that mowbray is getting sacked,he could take us down to the conference and he`d still be here,the only way possible that he`s leaving is either he decides he`s had enough or mrs mowbray wants him to stay at home more

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He likes to talk about what an honourable man he is so maybe he will walk. He set a target of 70 points and it is going to be difficult to get that now. Also I think that last night he sounded more than ever before like a man on the edge.

He got money for Gallagher and wages for downing and Johnson etc.

he promised the owners a play off spot.

hes failed, time to go.