BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Me too. At least they'd be our players. Zurab would walk into this team as well.

zurab was class,he`d stand out a mile from the current lot we`ve got,so much that he`d attract attention from promotion chasing clubs and we would`nt be able to hold on to him,he might have a few problems tuning in to the mowbray ethos though,not sure he`d appreciate being played out of position at left back?

• Like 3

On 02/07/2020 at 15:47, tomphil said:

Williams told Mowbray he only wanted to be considered for center half from now on, last summer FACT

We started last season with Mulgrew playing it was only after a fall out after another poor performance by him that he went to Wigan FACT

Tosin only got his chance because of that and injuries FACT

He was a young lad on loan at West Brom last season playing right back. City might have wanted to know he'd get some games but as MOwbray himself pointed out he won't sign loanees whose club insist they are guaranteed starters - again FACT

I was going to make a Rafa Benitez joke but it’s depressingly true 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I did like Zurab, a dependable and capable defender. He'd have been in the 1st team in any period after Nelsen and Samba left.

And quite a few before. He was very unlucky to have been here at the same time as we were blessed with those two.

2 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Tony Mowbray has two years left on his contract. He's not walking away from that voluntarily. I'm prepared to have egg on my face, but I'll take that risk and say that this is yet more utter ITK boswollox that is completely detached from reality.

The rest of his post suggests it was all just a joke. Just an odd one because the first part doesn't come across like a joke.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The rest of his post suggests it was all just a joke. Just an odd one because the first part doesn't come across like a joke.

Yeah I don’t think anyone was seriously suggesting they had any info - we were just speculating initially really. Despite my reservations about Tony as a manager I do actually think he could walk away/retire, however long he has left on his contract. He won’t be short of a bob or two. 

52 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I did like Zurab, a dependable and capable defender. He'd have been in the 1st team in any period after Nelsen and Samba left.

Yeah, he was what I call  " 7 out of 10 " player. He was rarely the man of the match but more rarely was he the worst player on the team. Steady and composed on the ball and with an excellent temperament.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yeah I don’t think anyone was seriously suggesting they had any info - we were just speculating initially really. Despite my reservations about Tony as a manager I do actually think he could walk away/retire, however long he has left on his contract. He won’t be short of a bob or two. 

Well he was quoting a 'mole', so I don't think it was speculation either. But you can't expect to be taken seriously if you then follow up by saying Mrs M has stopped making drizzle cake. Like I say, very odd post tbh.

No offence simongarnerisgod.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Well he was quoting a 'mole', so I don't think it was speculation either. But you can't expect to be taken seriously if you then follow up by saying Mrs M has stopped making drizzle cake. Like I say, very odd post tbh.

No offence simongarnerisgod.

Pretty sure it was satirical mate

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Who's getting executed ? That's bit severe, Walton's only thrown a couple of goals in lately. Or is it Bennett ?

Let the punishment fit the crime. They've killed us in several games, so...

6 hours ago, K-Hod said:

That must be double figures for the amount of times you’ve mentioned Phil Brown in the last 24 hours. Have you got a confession to make?

It was somebody else's name used to scaremonger last time TM was getting a bit of stick. Once Brown gets another gig it'll be back to that kids coach bloke who Singh tried to get in. Or Sreve Kean the return, it's Mowbray or No way for that poster.

• Like 2

• Backroom

That was grim 

3 games this week and I can’t remember any keeper making any saves of note, we haven’t come close to a result in any of the games