BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

TM really has done everything he can. You can blatantly see the barrier he is hitting in his style of play. The game has moved on and he hasn't. 

I cannot think of a huge list of possible replacements but Ainsworth and Damien Johnson are names that I think would be an improvement. 

Or do we look at a young European coach like a few other teams have done? Wolves Norwich and Forest have all had success down this route.

Changes are genuinely needed, TM can't be trusted with any more funding.

• Like 1

If we're going to end up cutting costs, and go on a starvation diet I'd suggest Mark Robins. He's used to a revolving door squad and scrabbling for loans and free transfers at Coventry city. If we are really hoping to improve, get up and be a contender for promotion, we might need either Chris Hughton, or take a punt on someone based abroad like Norwich, Brentford or Brighton have done.

9 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

TM really has done everything he can. You can blatantly see the barrier he is hitting in his style of play. The game has moved on and he hasn't. 

I cannot think of a huge list of possible replacements but Ainsworth and Damien Johnson are names that I think would be an improvement. 

Or do we look at a young European coach like a few other teams have done? Wolves Norwich and Forest have all had success down this route.

Changes are genuinely needed, TM can't be trusted with any more funding.

I agree regarding future funding. I wouldn't give him another penny He's spent £12 million on two players we'd be lucky to get a tenth of that for now.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

You could bring Guardiola in and we'd not get promoted...

The clubs got a bit of stability back under Waggot and Mowbray, but we're going nowhere under Venkys, thats the reality of our situation.

Someone has just suggested Chris Hughton and Mark Robins, Ainsworth or Johnson, if thats the market we'd be aiming for and i doubt Hughton would come here, I'll stick with Mowbray thanks very much.

All that said........

Give Mark Hughes £15m to spend on players and a big bonus to get us up, job done :tu:

We'd not be coasting through games thats for sure.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

My view at the beginning of the season was it all depended on Gallagher and Brereton working out - he spent almost the entire transfer budget on them so we needed 25 league goals from the pair and we’ve had 5 is it? Add in the fact Walton has been a catastrophe and we were goosed from the start entirely because of his transfers. Time’s up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

You could bring Guardiola in and we'd not get promoted...

The clubs got a bit of stability back under Waggot and Mowbray, but we're going nowhere under Venkys, thats the reality of our situation.

Someone has just suggested Chris Hughton and Mark Robins, Ainsworth or Johnson, if thats the market we'd be aiming for and i doubt Hughton would come here, I'll stick with Mowbray thanks very much.

All that said........

Give Mark Hughes £15m to spend on players and a big bonus to get us up, job done :tu:

We'd not be coasting through games thats for sure.

Give him £15m he signs Berahino

To be honest despite the flop this season i still believe Gallagher and Brereton are both capable of better than they've shown.

However under this manager i doubt they ever will because his handling and use of them has been abysmal. He's done great with Armstrong and Dack but the fact that one is quality and one actually has natural goal scoring ability really helped him on that level.

If the owners don't want to write off most if not all of those investments - because that's the only reason they funded them - then they need a manager who has some nous how to use them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, superniko said:

If Tony does go (I can’t see it happening myself) then I don’t want us to go anywhere near the revolving failures (Pulis, Hughes and the likes). It’s not progressive in any way.
Look at Nuno and Bielsa who came to the Championship, albeit for much richer clubs, even Wagner taking Hudds up, or Farke taking Norwich up.  

I’d prefer a manager of the ilk you mention but I’d take Mark Hughes back in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How many of our better players are going to hang around for another season of this dross ?

If I'm Nyambe or Travis' agent I'm angling for a move away. They both have a lot of potential and could play for more ambitious clubs.

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I’m not a betting man, but I wouldn’t bet on us winning a game in what remains of this season. 
We look terrible.

Then bet on the opposition.  Proved very profitable for me this week!  

2 hours ago, superniko said:

If Tony does go (I can’t see it happening myself) then I don’t want us to go anywhere near the revolving failures (Pulis, Hughes and the likes). It’s not progressive in any way.
Look at Nuno and Bielsa who came to the Championship, albeit for much richer clubs, even Wagner taking Hudds up, or Farke taking Norwich up.  

Nuno got the Wolves job due to his agent. 

Stuart Webber who was sporting director at Huddersfield when he appointed Wagner then he walked out on them for Norwich where he appointed Farke. 

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Bristol City just fired their manager.

Over to you Suhail

is Suhail even in the country? Considering we have the coronavirus pandamic

58 minutes ago, tomphil said:

To be honest despite the flop this season i still believe Gallagher and Brereton are both capable of better than they've shown.

However under this manager i doubt they ever will because his handling and use of them has been abysmal. He's done great with Armstrong and Dack but the fact that one is quality and one actually has natural goal scoring ability really helped him on that level.

If the owners don't want to write off most if not all of those investments - because that's the only reason they funded them - then they need a manager who has some nous how to use them.

I think Brereton isn't a footballer. He's absolutely shocking. I've followed Rovers since about 1993 and I would say he is our worst signing in that period if you consider relative cost to budget.

Gallagher does have something about him though as we know from his first spell. But he isn't a right-fookin-winger.

• Like 5

Mark Hughes had 3 very good backroom staff with him when he was at Rovers. One of them is manager of Reading. I don't know where Nediwinski (?) and the other fella is. But Hughesy on his own may not be as good.

Waggot needs replacing first and foremost and the new man empowered sufficiently to hire and fire the first team manager. It's the only thing that will ever work with our absentee landlords.

If that were to happen, then watch every bugger else wake up from their slumber!

• Like 8