BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

33 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Simple question Chaddy - WHY?

Get a poll organised on here and I bet 90% want him out.

I posted the reasons last week Mercer to yourself and others

Would you had wanted that poll after Bristol City win? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, Rogerb said:

Why sell one of only two of the back five we actually own we need a keeper, left back, and replacement for tosin already

out of contract in 12 months time. If we arent agreeing a new contract then we need to sell him as we cant afford to lose him on a free transfer

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

as he said last week he has different budget transfer lists for different budgets. I would imagine he is talking to the owners weekly anyway. He could miss could Reading game and fly over to India to meet the owners if that's that what they want. Better way is to use Video Communicating at Ewood Park to the owners and set a budget for the season. 

Let the out of contract players leave after this month apart from possible Downing who has good overall apart from the last 3 games as I said in the summer transfer window thread. Plus other players available for transfers but its look like we will need one of 2 players to sold. Hopefully FFP rules will be relax as UEFA have done. You have your problems with FFP rules but they are there cos clubs wanted them in place. 

Again, so if it is correct that 1 or 2 of our prized assets will need to be sold this summer then I'm afraid that is another black mark against those running the show. If they have allowed such an imbalance to develop that we are forced to sell our family silver just 2 seasons after promotion then something has gone wrong. We've been told on a regular basis by Waggott that our business was being done with FFP in mind and so to find ourselves at risk (if true) is a failing.

The alternative of course is that we are not at risk and it is just a convenient excuse.

It is very difficult for me to accept that we may need to sell quality like Travis, Dack or Armstrong to make up for Mowbray's horrendous failings with Brereton and Gallagher, and that to put icing on the cake he will be given another summer window to cause further damage to the squad with flawed recruitment. 

The way it works normally is the manager pays for such terrible business with his job, then the next bloke is backed as much as possible. But we all know here from experience that their mate in the dugout will be as safe as houses

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

out of contract in 12 months time. If we arent agreeing a new contract then we need to sell him as we cant afford to lose him on a free transfer

Nyambe is unbelievable. He'll be a top half premier League RB. We need to keep him for now as he'll cost upwards of £10 million imo.

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

sounds like Mowbray is going to shake the squad this transfer window in order to get that top 6 next season

Delusion---on your part and his.

He hasn't got the ability or the desire. Simply stating that he'll be continuing in the role.

So more pain in store for us.

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

Again, so if it is correct that 1 or 2 of our prized assets will need to be sold this summer then I'm afraid that is another black mark against those running the show. If they have allowed such an imbalance to develop that we are forced to sell our family silver just 2 seasons after promotion then something has gone wrong. 

It is very difficult for me to accept that we may need to sell quality like Travis, Dack or Armstrong to make up for Mowbray's horrendous failings with Brereton and Gallagher, and that to put icing on the cake he will be given another summer window to cause further damage to the squad with flawed recruitment. 

The way it works normally is the manager pays for such terrible business with his job, then the next bloke is backed as much as possible. But we all know here from experience that their mate in the dugout will be as safe as houses

I have mention that the club hasn't had the right structure in terms of scouting, recruitment, data analysis for seasons going back to Bowyer time the club. This is problem the club has had for years and the clubs and people they have employed at the boardroom level should have put in place. 

We need have now investing in a proper scouting structure with money, time and employing people so we need to see this come forward this summer with signings from Europe as well as the UK

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

I hope I am proved wrong but I don’t think TM is going anywhere. If that is so, my simple solution (for me), I will stop going until there is a change. I cannot alter The Rovers, but I can alter their effect on me.

That’s exactly how I feel .....yet another Sunday of hopelessness with this man at the helm .....soooooo much to look to !!

On other pages there is much written about who to bring in ( players ) ...whilst this man and his crew of merry men remain you could have a front two of Jesus Christ and Alan Shearer ....( played wide, of course) and nothing would change .

Forget what’s coming .....all irrelevant ?

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

How can we play with a false number 9, with Armstrong's,Graham , Samuel , Brereton and Gallagher all on the books ....it beggars belief..

I honestly think the players will be even more delighted than fans when Mowbray goes.

He has taken nearly every player backwards, although they may be looked after off the field, on it they are being asked to play in roles that are alien and don’t get the best out of them.

He could almost claim Travis but he is likely to have to leave to avoid the malaise and he cuts a frustrated figure. Nyambe and Armstrong the two main ones who have stood out.

A club without money to spend (which seemingly we are - despite wealthy owners and the sanctioning of £14m in transfer fees over the last two Summers - needs to get the most out of the players it has. Start by playing strikers as strikers and midfielders not at full back.

• Like 2

TM has this new possession based style in mind but he's forcing it on players who are neither good enough nor confident enough to apply it effectively.  That's why we get caught out dawdling or asleep time and again it just doesn't suit what he has and what he's signed. No manager in their right mind would sign the likes of 6'4" Gallagher to play wide right forward in this system. You need a right sided Armstrong to balance it out and either a competent target man to spearhead it or a competent shoe in for Dack when you play that way.

I think one of the reasons behind the Tosin signing was because he wanted a ball playing center half as back up. Yet it was negated from the off by letting go the keeper best suited to playing it out from the back so straight away it's being muddled up again.

I don't think it's wide of the mark to say some of the best bits of football since Kean relegated us have come under Mowbray. In terms of swift countering and passing and pressing yet he completely shies away from it as our main style. Prefering a regular mix and match set up to accommodate his players and a dull insipid core style. Some of the most frustrating unbalanced stuff in the last 8 years has also being regularly foisted upon us and the team also.

It's absolutely infuriating to get themselves in such a good position only to follow it up with the manner of tactics and performances we've seen over the last 3 games. To not just have a go at it when there is absolutely nothing to lose really doesn't send out a good message.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

sounds like Mowbray is going to shake the squad this transfer window in order to get that top 6 next season

Shame he didn’t think about that before he waxed £12 Million on two strikers that don’t score and plays one of them out wide. 
While leaving wide players on the bench.

Then, he has the brass neck to crack on about FFP!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We heard all the same platitudes from him last year. As we have seen very often with Mowbray words are not backed up by action.

On the topic of who to replace Mowbray with of out of work managers there is Chris Hughton, Mark Hughes, Mick McCarthy, Martin O'Neill, Roy Keane, Alan Pardew and Tony Pulis. Of in work managers who I think would be attainable there's Slavisa Jokanovic, Gary Rowett, Lee Bowyer and Gareth Ainsworth.