BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

We heard all the same platitudes from him last year. As we have seen very often with Mowbray words are not backed up by action.

On the topic of who to replace Mowbray with of out of work managers there is Chris Hughton, Mark Hughes, Mick McCarthy, Martin O'Neill, Roy Keane, Alan Pardew and Tony Pulis. Of in work managers who I think would be attainable there's Slavisa Jokanovic, Gary Rowett, Lee Bowyer and Gareth Ainsworth.

No hope for those - Phil Brown fits the bill.

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

We heard all the same platitudes from him last year. As we have seen very often with Mowbray words are not backed up by action.

On the topic of who to replace Mowbray with of out of work managers there is Chris Hughton, Mark Hughes, Mick McCarthy, Martin O'Neill, Roy Keane, Alan Pardew and Tony Pulis. Of in work managers who I think would be attainable there's Slavisa Jokanovic, Gary Rowett, Lee Bowyer and Gareth Ainsworth.

Of the above Ainsworth is the only one who'd consider it. Wouldn't want Pulis, Pardew, Keane, O'Neill, McCarthy, Bowyer or Hughes. Chris Hughton is the outstanding candidate and McCarthy is a no nonsense guy who would remove the cross. We can dream but reality says TM will be here next season

• Like 1

Ryan Lowe at Plymouth. Up and coming young manager, already had promotions with Bury and Plymouth on a shoestring. 

Other than that why not give Jonty a go? Obviously highly rated at club and Country. Did a great job with u 23s

Edited by Tugayisgod

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

Ryan Lowe at Plymouth. Up and coming young manager, already had promotions with Bury and Plymouth on a shoestring. 

Bury and Plymouth both had big budgets by League Two standards though admittedly both have had issues and yes he's done very well in getting them both up in his first season.

Think he needs to prove himself at League One before moving up to the Championship 

9 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Most of those managers are out of work for a reason. 

Roy Keane. Not been a manager for 9 years. Yes 9 years. 

Hughes. Not been a manager for 18 months and never been in a job without Bowen. Can he do it without him? Well we see if you ever gets a job. 

Why would Jokanovic leave his club in Qatar where he earning millions in wages for Club in East Lancashire where his wages would be much lower? 

Rowett leaving Millwall for us? ?

1 hour ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Surely you go to support the club

...and sheep expect to be shepherded. Sometimes the only way of showing support is to voice disapproval over the direction things are taking. That's what I did (largely because of the man who's support transformed the club but it's coming up to 20 years and I've had just about enough of posting here) but you run the risk of becoming broken beyond repair. Like me though that would be an extreme case. For those who want Mowbray gone there's plenty of people who share your view. If most of the fans share your views or stick to certain principles (Rovers fans shift their views at a whim and lack principle) then I think it's worth supporting. Then again most of the fans wanted Kean gone and still got hounded by thick scum who drove them away.

Edited by Vinjay
  • Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Why would Jokanovic leave his club in Qatar where he earning millions in wages for Club in East Lancashire where his wages would be much lower? 

Rowett leaving Millwall for us? ?

Jokanovic has previously spoken of his desire to work in English football again.

You seriously don't think that Blackburn Rovers could attract the Millwall manager? Why do you always have put this great football club down?

11 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Hell would freeze over before anybody took advice from you on how to support a football club, Vinjay!

More fool them. To use an apt analogy if you're growing a field of red roses and some of them are diseased what do you do? You prune them. That would sum up those who attacked others for abusing Kean. You could say it sums up the ones who defended the Walker family.

Edited by Vinjay

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Jokanovic has previously spoken of his desire to work in English football again.

You seriously don't think that Blackburn Rovers could attract the Millwall manager? Why do you always have put this great football club down?

I dont see Rowett walking out Millwall sadly. He walked out on Derby for Stoke and I'm sure he regrets it so I'm unsure he will do it again

Yes I like Rowett. Did an excellent job at Birmingham and doing a good job at Millwall. 

Did Jokanovic speak off this desire recently? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Most of those managers are out of work for a reason. 

Roy Keane. Not been a manager for 9 years. Yes 9 years. 

Hughes. Not been a manager for 18 months and never been in a job without Bowen. Can he do it without him? Well we see if you ever gets a job. 

Yet you have said that your choice for manager when Mowbray goes would be Damien Johnson who has never managed a club in his career. Yes that's right never. 

Also I'm not looking for a job but if Mr Waggott is reading this then I would consider an inteview.

Edited by Ewood Ace

37 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Jesus it really is a race to the bottom looking at that dross.

Hughes would never be tempted back, but he’s the only 1 out of that list I’d replace Mowbray with.

@DarrenRover Said yesterday about an up and coming managed from Rennes, few of my mates want to see a hungry young manger, I’d not be against that, but the clubs not in a position to make such an appointment. 

I doubt Waggot/Cheston and Venkys between then could find Rennes on a map, let alone know who the manager is, we don’t have that kind of knowledge at the club currently. 

Stick with Mowbray for me, unless they can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Yes would like return to English football but do you really think he would walk on multi millions contract in Qatar for a club in east Lancashire? 

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Yet you have said that your choice for manager when Mowbray goes would be Damien Johnson who has never managed a club in his career. Yes that's right never. 

Yes a highly rated coach who is now working in his country coaching set up and highly rated at Rovers

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Again you do our great club down why do you keep doing this? 

You are kidding yourself if you honestly think Jokanovic is going to walk out on multi Million pounds contract for a club in East Lancashire. How much do you think Venkys pay Mowbray per season? I bet around 600k plus bonuses 

Yes the club is great to us but Jokanovic could have come here after Bowyer was sacked and he didnt then. 

Yes a highly rated coach who is now working in his country coaching set up and highly rated at Rovers

Brian Kidd was also highly rated coach working at the most successful club in the country. More often than not good coaches don't make good managers

• Like 2

You are kidding yourself if you honestly think Jokanovic is going to walk out on multi Million pounds contract for a club in East Lancashire. How much do you think Venkys pay Mowbray per season? I bet around 600k plus bonuses 

Yes the club is great to us but Jokanovic could have come here after Bowyer was sacked and he didnt then. 

Lancashire. I bet Leeds fans don't refer to themselves as "a club in West Yorkshire". 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Jokanovic wants to manage in England again then he is going to need to get back managing over here soon or he will be forgotten about particularly as he is manging in Mickey Mouse football.

If we were to approach Jokanovic we'd have to make him an attractive offer. Give him a wage that a manager of his calibre would warrant and back in the market him like we have done with Mowbray. Also if Jokanovic is a competitor then I am sure he'd much rather manage in a league like the Championship than some Mickey Mouse league where average attendance the last time they were published was 672.

Also I don't expect him to live in a tent on Nuttall Street he can buy himself a nice house in Cheshire with the money he has made in Qatar.

Honestly you are coming across as more of a Tony Mowbray fan than a Rovers fan. Constantly doing the club down and making out as though we should be thankful to have Mowbray here as how could a 'club in East Lancashire' possibly attract any better. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Vinjay said:

Every single one of you should copy/paste this (perhaps without the bit about Venkys as people at the club can't do anything about them besides encourage) and send it to the club perhaps via Lynsey Talbot. Then post a screenshot (black out name if you want) to prove it. That's what you should all be doing but you won't.

Of course we won't because we don't all share your idea of how Rovers should be run.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I posted the reasons last week Mercer to yourself and others

Would you had wanted that poll after Bristol City win? 

Absolutely.  Beating Bristol City was no great feat.  Johnson had already lost the plot there before turning up at Ewood and PRE lock down, they'd scraped 2 points out of 15.  It would have been hugely disappointing not to have beaten them.

I will ask you again.  What does Mowbray need to do, or not to do, to get sacked?