BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have mention that the club hasn't had the right structure in terms of scouting, recruitment, data analysis for seasons going back to Bowyer time the club. This is problem the club has had for years and the clubs and people they have employed at the boardroom level should have put in place. 

We need have now investing in a proper scouting structure with money, time and employing people so we need to see this come forward this summer with signings from Europe as well as the UK

No excuse for Mowbray's player trading.

IMO, his judgement is awful.  Evidence, £20million+ (including wages) spunked up the wall on Brereton and Gallagher for starters.  Add to that the sale of Raya only to be replaced by Walton.  IMO, Raya was p1ssed off with Mowbray singling him out and also the coaching he was getting from the community trust lad from Carlisle.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Honestly you are coming across as more of a Tony Mowbray fan than a Rovers fan. Constantly doing the club down and making out as though we should be thankful to have Mowbray here as how could a 'club in East Lancashire' possibly attract any better. 

What a ridiculously comment to make more of Mowbray fan than a Rovers fan. 

No, I am being realistic. We are a town club in East Lancashire. You mention someone like Lee Bowyer or Gareth Ainsworth both would be realistic names IMO. Someone mention Mark Robins yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

If Jokanovic wants to manage in England again then he is going to need to get back managing over here soon or he will be forgotten about particularly as he is manging in Mickey Mouse football.

If we were to approach Jokanovic we'd have to make him an attractive offer. Give him a wage that a manager of his calibre would warrant and back in the market him like we have done with Mowbray. Also if Jokanovic is a competitor then I am sure he'd much rather manage in a league like the Championship than some Mickey Mouse league where average attendance the last time they were published was 672.

When Rovers approach him after Bowyer was sacked he was managing in Israel and he didn't come then. 

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Absolutely.  Beating Bristol City was no great feat.  Johnson had already lost the plot there before turning up at Ewood and PRE lock down, they'd scraped 2 points out of 15.  It would have been hugely disappointing not to have beaten them.

I will ask you again.  What does Mowbray need to do, or not to do, to get sacked?

There is a surprise. 

I told the reasons last week Mercer. 

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34120-tony-mowbray-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=2073433

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Add to that the sale of Raya only to be replaced by Walton.  

Raya wanted out last summer. We know that Mowbray failed with his 1st 2 choices to replace him. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

That is how you are coming across by belittling our club and doing us down by calling us 'a town club in East Lancashire'.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

When Rovers approach him after Bowyer was sacked he was managing in Israel and he didn't come then. 

A long time ago and circumstances change, his stock was a lot higher in this country then (as was shown by the fact he got the Fulham job). Also we were selling our best players at the time and were under an embargo whilst he was managing in the Champions League. Also we don't really know with any certainty that he was approached for the.

Raya wanted out last summer. We know that Mowbray failed with his 1st 2 choices to replace him. 

The same Tony Mowbray who talks about how difficult it is to sign players because other sides want replacements signed before they will let players go. Yet he did completely the opposite and let his keeper go before a replacement was brought in. Leaving us scrambling around and in the end bringing in a panic signing on loan who is no way near the required standard. Just another in along line of examples of Mowbray's incompetence in the transfer market. It beggars belief that some people want to give him another window to do even more damage.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

There is a surprise. 

I told the reasons last week Mercer. not repeating myself. Look it up Mercer. 

and ask yourself why?

I think he had very little respect for Benson and, IMO, no wonder why.  Benson as far as I'm aware, has never played the game at even a non league level (though I stand to be corrected) and started off as a lad in Carlisle's Community set-up.  I've seen Benson at Brockhall and also his match day routines and I am totally unimpressed.  I remember one match last season when Benson came out some three minutes or so before the players were due back out after half time, presumably to give Raya a work out.  Raya rocked up with the rest of the Rovers' players and there was only time for Benson to throw just one ball at him.  I mentioned the incident on here.  To me, that showed a distinct last of respect for Benson.  Raya has stated one of the reasons for going to Brentford was to work with the goalkeeper coach there - it says it all, IMO.

Just think if Rovers did sign Joe Hart - a goalie with a drawer full of medals and caps and the kid from Carlisle rocks up, 'hi Joe, I'm going to make you a better goalie'.  It's laughable. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No, I am being realistic. We are a town club in East Lancashire. You mention someone like Lee Bowyer or Gareth Ainsworth both would be realistic names IMO. Someone mention Mark Robins yesterday. 

Where are we based again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would Jokanovic leave his club in Qatar where he earning millions in wages for Club in East Lancashire where his wages would be much lower? 

Rowett leaving Millwall for us? ?

Its called ambition. Aim high, not low. Convince yourself that decent managers aren't attainable and you don't get them.

Make those People good offers and leave them with a decision to make.

I assume Venkys are richer than Berylson at Millwall? 

Does Jokanovic want to manage in the Premier League again against elite managers and players or waste the best days of his career in the Qatar micky mouse league?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hughes. Not been a manager for 18 months and never been in a job without Bowen. Can he do it without him? Well we see if you ever gets a job. 

So you'd reject Hughes and keep Mowbray? Effing barmy!

Academic anyway, they would never pay him what he's worth or give him the freedom he'd require.

As for Hughes he would never agree to their terms.

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Its called ambition. Aim high, not low. Convince yourself that decent managers aren't attainable and you don't get them.

Make those People good offers and leave them with a decision to make.

I assume Venkys are richer than Berylson at Millwall? 

Does Jokanovic want to manage in the Premier League again against elite managers and players or waste the best days of his career in the Qatar micky mouse league?

How much money do you honestly think we pay manager as a club under the current owners? 

Not how much we should but how much they do!

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

and ask yourself why?

I think he had very little respect for Benson and, IMO, no wonder why.  Benson as far as I'm aware, has never played the game at even a non league level (though I stand to be corrected) and started off as a lad in Carlisle's Community set-up.  I've seen Benson at Brockhall and also his match day routines and I am totally unimpressed.  I remember one match last season when Benson came out some three minutes or so before the players were due back out after half time, presumably to give Raya a work out.  Raya rocked up with the rest of the Rovers' players and there was only time for Benson to throw just one ball at him.  I mentioned the incident on here.  To me, that showed a distinct last of respect for Benson.  Raya has stated one of the reasons for going to Brentford was to work with the goalkeeper coach there - it says it all, IMO.

Just think if Rovers did sign Joe Hart - a goalie with a drawer full of medals and caps and the kid from Carlisle rocks up, 'hi Joe, I'm going to make you a better goalie'.  It's laughable. 

The Brentford goalkeeper keeper who isnt there now. He left before Christmas. Raya still makes mistakes even now. 

2 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

I cannot help but feel that we are going to be worse-off if Mowbray gets the boot... That isn't a defence of Mowbray, either.

Thats my biggest fear too, and perhaps the reason I've tolerated him longer than some.

We're still an attractive job for a good manager, I just have little faith in whoever would be in charge of recruitment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How much money do you honestly think we pay manager as a club under the current owners? 

Not how much we should but how much they do!

There's the difference. You don't think we can, I do think we can. 

Perhaps the owners need to learn that the more you pay the better you get. You'd think after the Warnock fiasco that penny would have dropped by now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The Brentford goalkeeper keeper who isnt there now. He left before Christmas. Raya still makes mistakes even now. 

Well he was there when Raya joined!

Even the best goalies in the world make mistakes as Alisson has shown with Liverpool.

Brentford have conceded fewer goals than any other team in the Championship - I suspect Raya is doing pretty well for them!!!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

That is how you are coming across by belittling our club and doing us down by calling us 'a town club in East Lancashire'.

A long time ago and circumstances change, his stock was a lot higher in this country then (as was shown by the fact he got the Fulham job). Also we were selling our best players at the time and were under an embargo whilst he was managing in the Champions League. Also we don't really know with any certainty that he was approached for the.

Blackburn Rovers is town football club. That's is reality and realistic. In the 30 years of supporting Rovers we have had some great times and that's mainly down to 1 man Mr Jack Walker. 

Jokanovic was linked with the Rovers after Bowyet sacking and we heald talks with us according to these links. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/football/729176/gary-bowyer-sacked-by-blackburn-rovers/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/blackburn-want-former-watford-boss-6807462

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There's the difference. You don't think we can, I do think we can. 

Perhaps the owners need to learn that the more you pay the better you get. You'd think after the Warnock fiasco that penny would have dropped by now.

Question was How much money do you honestly think we pay manager as a club under the current owners? 

Being linked is rather different to being approached as you stated earlier. I'd have though you'd have worked that out by now.

• Like 1

Question was How much money do you honestly think we pay manager as a club under the current owners? 

Well for a start, I'd slash Waggott's reported £300k to £100k and throw that into the pot.  If Waggott's not happy with that then good luck finding another job and I think he'd need it!  Better still, just get rid of him!!!

• Like 4

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Being linked is rather different to being approached as you stated earlier. I'd have though you'd have worked that out by now.

You cant say he wasnt approach either then. 

It was reported at the time we were looking at 4 managers which were Lambert, Jokanovic, Holloway and Pearson..

Just now, Mercer said:

Well for a start, I'd slash Waggott's reported £300k to £100k and throw that into the pot.  If Waggott's not happy with that then good luck finding another job and I think he'd need it!  Better still, just get rid of him!!!

Wasnt the question tho was it? ?

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's all about priorities isn't it. I'd argue that giving a very good manager say £2 Million a year on a 3 year deal would have benefitted the club more than spending £5 Million plus wages over 4 years on Sam Gallagher.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blackburn Rovers is town football club. That's is reality and realistic. In the 30 years of supporting Rovers we have had some great times and that's mainly down to 1 man Mr Jack Walker. 

Still don’t get your point? He’s largely managed clubs the size of Watford and Fulham, or in third rate leagues abroad, not exactly Klopp, is he?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2