BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Oh ffs it was a possession based team he was creating yesterday. Just watch this now he knows again people are getting fed up he'll have them revved up and going for it.

Every single time he himself is on the back foot that happens yet when there's something to fight for he bottles it.

Taking the piss now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

This may have already been posted but...

s4vME7M.jpg

:rock:

At this point, it’s kind a satire. He surely can think Rovers fans are that gullible? :unsure: 

Getting harder to know what is a Mowbray quote and what is... @imtonymowbray off of Twitter.

Our Tone knows what’s what, it’s just them bloody players...

*cough* that he recruited and picked *cough*

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Sadly that's part of the problem a lot of our fans lap up anything that their messiah says because he finished 2nd in League 1.

This was the writing on the wall for me.

https://theathletic.co.uk/1172076/2019/08/30/mowbray-exclusive-im-a-romantic-albion-fans-wanted-a-swashbuckling-team-but-im-more-pragmatic-now/

His most successful spell ever in football and he abandoned that style for pragmatism - whatever BS the Rovers media team put out on Twitter.

He played for a 0-0 draw against Wigan while 1 point off the play-offs. The patronises fans by saying he wants to take the game to the opposition, if only those bloody players would listen.

If they aren’t listening maybe there’s a reason. If they are... God help us!

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think your problem is that you are viewing the situation as if we have normal, interested and knowledgable owners. As if they are thinking, we can see a progression, we understand the change in style etc. And as if they are saying well we will be happy with a top half finish this year as part of a gradual plan.  Im sure that Mowbray sets his own personal targets and he is a man who does clearly care but he wont be held accountable by anyone but the fans if he fails to achieve them.

We simply don't know what their interested in the Rovers in terms watching games. All we have to go on where Mowbray and Waggott have said what they are asked about when they go over there. if they are happy with Mowbray and the progress and the structure he is bringing into scouting or data analysis then fair enough. 

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I sort of understand why he would want to have more control over games but there are so many areas in which his actions make no sense or are inconsistent and illogical with such a plan. If he has wanted to play 433 with a false 9 and wide strikers, something that we both agree is a load of bollocks..

So you agree with Mowbray about us becoming more possession based team. 

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You add to that, why isnt his transfer recruitment geared to enabling such a transformation. Why spend all of your money on a really clumsy and technically poor striker? And then mainly play him out wide? Why sign on big wages a central midfielder as bad as I can remember at taking the ball on the half turn, comstantly giving the ball away? Adarabioyo and Downing fit the remit more but one is on loan and one is 35, the building blocks to a tactical transformation? No chance.

We will see this summer recruitment bring to the squad and whether it fits into the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 formation. 

We done the Gallagher debate to death on here haven't we. We don't know what Johnson's wages are do we as you have agreed the other day. 

Yes Adarabioyo does fit the remit more. Will we come back next season? Mowbray has said he will try next season. Does he have someone in mind for this role if we cant get him back. Downing coming in was his best signing last summer and will possible this season player of the season as long as Armstrong

You also mention Waggott and Mowbrays relationship. Do I think Waggott holds a lot of power? No. But does it help Mowbray having a mate as a go between to the owners? Of course.

If the owners wanted rid of Mowbray they would get rid but don't and continue to back him. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We simply don't know what their interested in the Rovers in terms watching games. All we have to go on where Mowbray and Waggott have said what they are asked about when they go over there. if they are happy with Mowbray and the progress and the structure he is bringing into scouting or data analysis then fair enough. 

So you agree with Mowbray about us becoming more possession based team. 

We will see this summer recruitment bring to the squad and whether it fits into the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 formation. 

We done the Gallagher debate to death on here haven't we. We don't know what Johnson's wages are do we as you have agreed the other day. 

Yes Adarabioyo does fit the remit more. Will we come back next season? Mowbray has said he will try next season. Does he have someone in mind for this role if we cant get him back. Downing coming in was his best signing last summer and will possible this season player of the season as long as Armstrong

If the owners wanted rid of Mowbray they would get rid but don't and continue to back him. 

Again you are assuming that the owners are emotionally invested enough to be fascinated with every bit of detail. If you want to believe that they are then fair enough.

I have never been one who gets caught up on the style of football, very much a results first mentality. Its not a case of agreeing with the theory of it. I dont think it has been executed with any consistency, with any conviction or with any logic. His signings dont all fit the philosophy, especially the most expensive one. His attempt to create a unique formation only happened with 9 games to go and didnt work.

If we finish on 60 points or less, would you consider this season still one that has been productive and progressive?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Again you are assuming that the owners are emotionally invested enough to be fascinated with every bit of detail. If you want to believe that they are then fair enough.

I have never been one who gets caught up on the style of football, very much a results first mentality. Its not a case of agreeing with the theory of it. I dont think it has been executed with any consistency, with any conviction or with any logic. His signings dont all fit the philosophy, especially the most expensive one. His attempt to create a unique formation only happened with 9 games to go and didnt work.

If we finish on 60 points or less, would you consider this season still one that has been productive and progressive?

We have played the 4-3-3 formation in the odd game before this. Like in away games at Sheff Utd and Reading. But you are right that some of his signings don't fit this philosophy like Gallagher or Johnson. But Signings like Rothwell do in my opinion. 

Ask the points question when the season has finished so we know exactly how many points we got and finishing place

We have played the 4-3-3 formation in the odd game before this. Like in away games at Sheff Utd and Reading. But you are right that some of his signings don't fit this philosophy like Gallagher or Johnson. But Signings like Rothwell do in my opinion. 

Ask the points question when the season has finished so we know exactly how many points we got and finishing place

That sums Mowbray up. Flirts with a formation but doesnt stick with it and goes back. How is that condusive to overhauling the tactical mechanism of a side? I dont think in any way that we have successfully started to dominate games in a way that also leads to us getting results. I also find only changing to 433 false 9 with 9 games to go totally bizarre. If thats the plan, start the season like that! And dont sign a lanky, clumsy 5m striker!

Rothwell? Does any formation and style suit a player who offers absolutely zero end product? He looked even less effective in a midfield 3.

What are the parameters you set? Is it as simple as less than 60 is regression, 60 is stability/stagnation and over 60 is progression? Ultimately the season is over either way so all these last 5 games are doing is putting a positive or negative edge on it.

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Save me scrolling for hours Chaddy....do you think Mowbray should stay or go and can you back it up with a reason whichever way.

my opinion hasnt change since the last time I was asked by mercer yesterday. 

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34120-tony-mowbray-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=2075244

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Also @chaddyrovers do your recent messages to journalists on twitter and the tone of them suggest that you do now agree that waiting and dithering over budgets is detrimental and illogical?

Yes I asked both Rich Sharpe and Jaquob Crooke could they asked about next season budget and will he be looking to use our new overseas scouting network for signings. I would the budget to be sorted as soon as possible but with the problems with coronavirus in India I would imagine we aren't their top priority at this stage.  

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34120-tony-mowbray-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=2075244

Yes I asked both Rich Sharpe and Jaquob Crooke could they asked about next season budget and will he be looking to use our new overseas scouting network for signings. I would the budget to be sorted as soon as possible but with the problems with coronavirus in India I would imagine we aren't their top priority at this stage.  

Not top priority? That would be a pathetic excuse even for them. We are a Championship football club and if we arent even worth a couple of hours for a chat online telling Mowbray how much he can spend then they really are worse than I could even imagine.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

will he be looking to use our new overseas scouting network for signings. 

The much fabled overseas scouting network, I do fear that you are going to be disappointed by it's results Chaddy. Or rather a lack of results.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

That sums Mowbray up. Flirts with a formation but doesnt stick with it and goes back. How is that condusive to overhauling the tactical mechanism of a side? I dont think in any way that we have successfully started to dominate games in a way that also leads to us getting results. I also find only changing to 433 false 9 with 9 games to go totally bizarre. If thats the plan, start the season like that! And dont sign a lanky, clumsy 5m striker!

Rothwell? Does any formation and style suit a player who offers absolutely zero end product? He looked even less effective in a midfield 3.

What are the parameters you set? Is it as simple as less than 60 is regression, 60 is stability/stagnation and over 60 is progression? Ultimately the season is over either way so all these last 5 games are doing is putting a positive or negative edge on it.

like I said asked me at the end of the season about whether the season has been progression or not when we know the final league position and points total. 

Rothwell hasnt performed this season as much as I would expected but his confidence hasnt been there all season. There is a player there I feel he need to play the rest of season and get his form and confidence back. 

Not top priority? That would be a pathetic excuse even for them. We are a Championship football club and if we arent even worth a couple of hours for a chat online telling Mowbray how much he can spend then they really are worse than I could even imagine.

All depends what is going on over in Pune regarding the coronavirus. We dont know what going on over there. 

They will be focusing more of their time on the core businesses and their share price which has taken a major hit since this coronavirus started. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=venkys+share+price&rlz=1C1RUCY_enGB745GB745&oq=venkys+share+&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l6.8490j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Maybe they told Mowbray and Waggott that discussions will happened at the end of the season when finial position and points is know. I don't know. Lets see what they reported from Lancs Live and LT articles tomorrow 

They still taking an interest in Rovers and their holding company otherwise they would put more money into Venkys London Limited on 2nd June

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07406020/filing-history

Edited by chaddyrovers

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

All depends what is going on over in Pune regarding the coronavirus. We dont know what going on over there. 

They will be focusing more of their time on the core businesses and their share price which has taken a major hit since this coronavirus started. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=venkys+share+price&rlz=1C1RUCY_enGB745GB745&oq=venkys+share+&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l6.8490j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Maybe they told Mowbray and Waggott that discussions will happened at the end of the season when finial position and points is know. I don't know. Lets see what they reported from Lancs Live and LT articles tomorrow 

They still taking an interest in Rovers and their holding company otherwise they would put more money into Venkys London Limited on 2nd June

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07406020/filing-history

If we are so far down their list of priorities that they can't even find the time in their diaries to hold a conference call to allocate budgets for next year then they simply have to go.

If they have so little interest that we have to wait months for any communication then we need new owners.

We aren't a video game that can go.in the drawer for a few months until they have the time to play with it. We are a multi million pound professional football club in one of the most competitive leagues in the world. 

I very much doubt a recent injection of shares represents them taking any interest. Rather I suspect it is essential equity to enable the bills to be paid and will have attracted minimal attention from the top dogs in India. 

I appreciate there are many issues for them to deal with and their.core business needs looking at but I can't believe the efforts some go to in order to try and normalise what is unacceptable.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The much fabled overseas scouting network, I do fear that you are going to be disappointed by it's results Chaddy. Or rather a lack of results.

I think so too!

My money is on us signing  a French Brereton, a Spanish Gallagher and an Italian Walton!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you believe that there are more positives than negatives about Mowbray’s time at the club.

How about just his Championship games. Still the same opinion?