BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

All he's papping on about there really is if there'll be enough to retain his favs.

Only concern i'd have is Downing if he wants Smallwood and Samuel then tell him to pay for them they've had enough out of the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

So you believe that there are more positives than negatives about Mowbray’s time at the club.

How about just his Championship games. Still the same opinion?

Haven't we been over this Stuart before? Why don't you accept that other posters have a different view of Mowbray and the job he has done then yourself. Are you going to accept it? 

46 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Do any roads for Brereton and Gallagher lead that way i wonder ?

Do you mean agents? 

If so, Gallagher's agent is crown football and Brereton's agent is Wasserman 

Here is a list of Rovers player's agent

https://www.transfermarkt.com.hr/blackburn-rovers/berateruebersicht/verein/164

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brereton's agent is Wasserman 

Formerly, Key Sports Management Ltd, who were bought out by Wasserman.

Chapman and Downing are with the same agency.

Edited by Amo

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Seems to me like he's admitting he's absolutely F***** up. Potentially having no budget to sign a goalkeeper or defender when he spent £12m on two awful players. 

People need to wake up and smell the coffee.

• Like 2

I am more worried about this being the perfect time and excuse for Venky's to put us into administration without losing any face.

You can easily spin it and get lots of positive press in India by saying they have put us into administration to invest the £15m a year on Indian healthcare projects during this extremely difficult time.

14 minutes ago, phili said:

I am more worried about this being the perfect time and excuse for Venky's to put us into administration without losing any face.

You can easily spin it and get lots of positive press in India by saying they have put us into administration to invest the £15m a year on Indian healthcare projects during this extremely difficult time.

Out of everything Venkys have done here in the past decade, that would surprise me the most.

I just can't see it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The fact that hes totally in the dark about the budget to the extent that he doesnt even know when he will found out really shows how disinterested our twattish owners are.

But hey, lets be grateful that we havent gone into administration!

• Like 1

“I would prefer to control the game, my teams over 20 years have mainly controlled games, yet at this club we didn’t have the players, in my opinion, to control football matches so we had to find a way of trying to win to get out of the trouble that we were in."

So by your logic Tone, you've been here for 17.5% of your career and in that time you've had SIX transfer windows. Yet we don't have good enough players and lose 3 on the spin playing your "controlled football". Turn that pointed finger around mate.

Shit like this should be you signing your own P45... if anyone in the club was listening/not your best mate. Which they're not.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

If we are so far down their list of priorities that they can't even find the time in their diaries to hold a conference call to allocate budgets for next year then they simply have to go.

If they have so little interest that we have to wait months for any communication then we need new owners.

We aren't a video game that can go.in the drawer for a few months until they have the time to play with it. We are a multi million pound professional football club in one of the most competitive leagues in the world. 

I very much doubt a recent injection of shares represents them taking any interest. Rather I suspect it is essential equity to enable the bills to be paid and will have attracted minimal attention from the top dogs in India. 

I appreciate there are many issues for them to deal with and their.core business needs looking at but I can't believe the efforts some go to in order to try and normalise what is unacceptable.

Absolutely spot on.

Sadly there is large portion of our fan base who thing we should just be pathetically grateful they haven’t decided to wind the club up yet.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Absolutely spot on.

Sadly there is large portion of our fan base who thing we should just be pathetically grateful they haven’t decided to wind the club up yet.

I don't remember seeing anyone on here "pathetically grateful" but,unless they wrote off the huge debt owed to them, without them the club ceases to exist. Get in touch with Bury fans to see how that feels.

5 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't remember seeing anyone on here "pathetically grateful" but,unless they wrote off the huge debt owed to them, without them the club ceases to exist. .

That doesn't make sense.  How can the club owe them money when they own the club?  Its called investment,  good or poor, and in their case its been very poor from day 1. They ain't getting their money back unless we get promoted, thats why they are still here. 

Nobody would buy the club at the purchase price they would need to cover their bad investments,  so they will have to concede defeat at some point if we stay in this division or worse.

If they put it into administration they still wont get their money and someone will buy it for a song.  Are Chelsea in debt to Abramovich?

Bury is a bad example as they owed the tax man and the banks.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 4

Bury is a silly example but that desperado will chuck any name out to defend Venkys and Mowbray.

Sadly for them they've always been a tiny club for probably 50 years or more they just can't get fans in. The people of Bury by and large just don't care about them that's the awful truth.  Plenty in Blackburn DO care about Rovers though some are far too easily put off whilst a lot of others can see and smell bullshit at a thousand paces.  There's been and continues to be far too much of that hence why some just don't take Rovers seriously anymore.

THat probably doesn't transmit itself to leafy Surrey where the righteous sit and bemoan a load of northern ingrates from the comfort of their favourite armchair.....every Saturday afternoon !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rothwell hasnt performed this season as much as I would expected but his confidence hasnt been there all season. There is a player there I feel he need to play the rest of season and get his form and confidence back. 

Could happen under a different manager.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Bury is a silly example but that desperado will chuck any name out to defend Venkys and Mowbray.

Sadly for them they've always been a tiny club for probably 50 years or more they just can't get fans in. The people of Bury by and large just don't care about them that's the awful truth.  Plenty in Blackburn DO care about Rovers though some are far too easily put off whilst a lot of others can see and smell bullshit at a thousand paces.  There's been and continues to be far too much of that hence why some just don't take Rovers seriously anymore.

THat probably doesn't transmit itself to leafy Surrey where the righteous sit and bemoan a load of northern ingrates from the comfort of their favourite armchair.....every Saturday afternoon !

I don't defend Venkys - I saw through them from the day they fired Sam. But people talking lightly of the club going in to administration need to get real about the consequences.

2 hours ago, phili said:

They'll never do that whilst there are assets to cash in it wouldn't make any sense really. Like last time we were sailing close to the wind the 30 million they recouped reset the clock for a bit longer.

Bound to need re sting again soon though.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They'll never do that whilst there are assets to cash in it wouldn't make any sense really. Like last time we were sailing close to the wind the 30 million they recouped reset the clock for a bit longer.

Bound to need re sting again soon though.

What assets can they cash in ?

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Haven't we been over this Stuart before? Why don't you accept that other posters have a different view of Mowbray and the job he has done then yourself. Are you going to accept it? 

No, we haven’t.

How can I accept your view if you don’t give it?

Do you thing Mowbray has more positives than negatives based on his Championship record with Rovers?

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Depressing article.

As tomphil rightly says, all Mowbray seems bothered about is whether or not he can give new contracts to the six players whose deals are due to run out. The only one who should be under any sort of consideration is Downing and even he isn't really someone who's going to get us promoted at his age.

Mowbray also seems to be conceding that we won't even be able to bring in a permanent keeper for next season. Selling Raya without securing a decent permanent replacement first should be a sackable offence on it's own. 

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Stuart said:

No, we haven’t.

How can I accept your view if you don’t give it?

Do you thing Mowbray has more positives than negatives based on his Championship record with Rovers?

But I have Stuart. I have answered Sparks and Mercer(twice) questions about my view on Mowbray and me backing him. My view hasn't change since yesterday answer to Sparks or to Mercer last week