BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

7 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

I don't know who would. But I do know ANY owner would be better than what we have. 

I mean aside from their well known history of the club they still let us be run by agents, are late in deciding budgets, don't have any sort of accountability in the club or a proper management structure. And that's them at their best. 

Defending Venkys is literally defending the indefensible. Not saying you are but pointing out asking who will want it is daft as anyone would do a better job. 

That said they will never sell because they have a house full of skeletons at Ewood never mind a closet and they won't want that exposing at all. 

I’ve seen Venky’s described as “our guardian angels” today. I’m not even making that up.

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I posted it many years ago and I'll say it again here - I would sacrifice our league position for getting rid of them if I had to, but I hope it doesn't come to that for us. We are a big enough club to come back from everything currently, but give them another 20 years and things may change. 

Exactly

The sooner they go the better whatever the consequences. It may mean a few years of real struggle but Rovers would recover without doubt. The longer Venky's are here, the more fans the club is losing and everybody's enthusiasm is waning. Every year causes more damage.

Look how Wimbledon, with their tiny fan base, started from nothing and made it to league 1 in no time.

Get shut, start again, rebuild.

Edited by Crimpshrine
  • Like 6

Quite simply whilst Venkys are here it ultimately doesn't matter who the manager is. Under their reign of terror we will always have the handicap of a poor management structure and huge delays to setting budgets and targets. Under their reign we will always pick managers from the same shoddy, third rate agency. And yet people think they are good because they haven't killed us off from the mess they put us in? People think they're good despite their agencies ties and incompetent way of running things making things a thousand times harder than it should be to recover? Nah, there is no way that Venkys past or present are anything but a curse to Rovers. The worst of it is they aren't going anywhere. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve seen Venky’s described as “our guardian angels” today. I’m not even making that up.

Guarding yes, angels no.  Question is just what and why are they guarding ?

If they'll loved the club that much to lose 10 million a year through it's books they wouldn't keep throwing it to the wolves.  The audit they did a couple of years ago needs doing again right about now.  One of the firms doing it needs to be  a proper independent football advisory firm to analyse what's going of on the training ground, dressing room and dugout.

Then deduce if it really is the best way to push the club forwards. But then again do they really want to or have they now just reached comfortable status with it like their club employees ?

28 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

Genuine curiousness...

If the worst should happen to the Venky family. Who would then take control of the club? A trust like the Walker Trust?

we would go into admin

write off the debt

12 point deduction

sold to one of the many interested parties.... waiting patiently by the river...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

I didn't ask who might buy us. I asked if you agreed that we need new owners.

Newcastle are about to be bought and it is likely Wigan will be taken over soon.

Budget decisions will be made within the next week? Do you know something Mowbray doesn't? To me he sounds just about as fed up as he ever has and who can blame him working in the dark for disinterested idiots.

Its an important part of your question, is who and why would they been interested in buying Rovers? how would they run the club and who would they appoint as CEO? I am would be very sceptical of any new possible owners. That's isn't to say I want Venkys to remain as owners but I wouldn't be jumping for joy if they sold the club to any new owners until we see what their new owners did. 

Yes Newcastle have being bought for months now. Their takeover might happen or not. Who knows. We will see how good or bad they are as owners if they buy the club. 

Yes Wigan have people interested. I think I read they had over 25 offers of interest of buying but their administrators did say probably only 4 or 5 interested parties would be serious and able to fund the club long term. So Lets wait and see who buy the club and runs the club.  

I have listened Mowbray on BBC Radio Lancs and he doesn't sounded fed up but very realistic with the current economic situation in the world. 

6 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

One thing we should never do is accept it Chaddy.

We may grin and bear it for now but we'll never accept them or the model they use to run this club.

The sooner they realise it the better too. They need to cut their losses, sell up and return our club back to us.

I posted it many years ago and I'll say it again here - I would sacrifice our league position for getting rid of them if I had to, but I hope it doesn't come to that for us. We are a big enough club to come back from everything currently, but give them another 20 years and things may change. 

accept it or grin and bear it? same thing in my book. 

See I wouldn't want any further down the leagues just to get new owners. No guarantees we would come back. All depends on who the new owners and the funding to run the club. 

4 hours ago, Blue blood said:

I don't know who would. But I do know ANY owner would be better than what we have. 

Defending Venkys is literally defending the indefensible. Not saying you are but pointing out asking who will want it is daft as anyone would do a better job. 

I would be very sceptical of any new owners and their plans long term. after our experiences with the current owners I would be careful 1st. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think his trophy cabinet has far more medals and awards than your hero Mowbray.

I think 9 out of 10 would take Keane over Mowbray every day of the week.

Not interested in Keane medal collection cos it means nothing in management world. 

When was his last job as manager? How did it go? 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not interested in Keane medal collection cos it means nothing in management world. 

Rovers goalie to kid Benson 'what've you done in football, show us your caps and medals'

Player to Mowbray 'What've you achieved in football' - 'my wife makes great lemon drizzle cake'!

Bottom line is Keane has done it all and got the tee shirt.  Benson and Mowbray haven't.

Edited by Mercer

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its an important part of your question, is who and why would they been interested in buying Rovers? how would they run the club and who would they appoint as CEO? I am would be very sceptical of any new possible owners. That's isn't to say I want Venkys to remain as owners but I wouldn't be jumping for joy if they sold the club to any new owners until we see what their new owners did. 

Yes Newcastle have being bought for months now. Their takeover might happen or not. Who knows. We will see how good or bad they are as owners if they buy the club. 

Yes Wigan have people interested. I think I read they had over 25 offers of interest of buying but their administrators did say probably only 4 or 5 interested parties would be serious and able to fund the club long term. So Lets wait and see who buy the club and runs the club.  

I have listened Mowbray on BBC Radio Lancs and he doesn't sounded fed up but very realistic with the current economic situation in the world. 

accept it or grin and bear it? same thing in my book. 

See I wouldn't want any further down the  to get new owners. No guarantees we would come back. All depends on who the new owners and the funding to run the club. 

I would be very sceptical of any new owners and their plans long term. after our experiences with the current owners I would be careful 1st. 

It isn't that important.

I don't think Venkys are running this club properly. I think the latest interviews from Mowbray once again demonstrate that they do not treat this club with the respect and attention it requires and as a result we will be at a constant disadvantage until they either clear off or change their ways (which isn't going to happen after 10 years)

Who would be interested in Rovers and why? I have no idea. There is a big wide world out there and lots of people who would spot an opportunity to revitalise a once proud football club which remains a big name in English football and has the potential to dine at the top table again. Why would millionaires/billionaires have bought Leeds, Barnsley, Wednesday, Sheff Utd, Derby, Forest, Birmingham, Villa, Wolves, Cardiff, Reading, Watford, Bournemouth, Southampton, QPR, Fulham and the others over the last few years? Perhaps they would be football fans who want to embark on a project instead of disinterested non football fans who have no clue or idea. Perhaps they would have a business plan to invest to reach the Premier League. I don't know. But I'd like to find out. Sticking with neglectful owners until the end of time whilst the club drifts and shrinks just because we don't know who might be interested isn't a reason.

It's like wanting to move house but never putting it up for sale because you don't believe it would sell.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

See this is the thing. Short of destroying the Jack Walker statue and changing the kit to jockstraps I struggle to see how any new owners could be worse. 

We won't get anywhere being the plaything of an agency with owners who won't even use Skype for planning. We are literally set up to fail. I mean seriously the bar is so low now I fail to see how it could be worse. 

• Like 7

Playing career often has little correlation to managerial success. Putting Mowbray down against former Premier League legends just takes the focus away from the real issues at hand, lack of progress in terms of points tallies, transfer horror shows, bizarre tactics etc. Roy Keane (who I like as a pundit) would not be a good appointment.

• Like 2

Just now, Blue blood said:

See this is the thing. Short of destroying the Jack Walker statue and changing the kit to jockstraps I struggle to see how any new owners could be worse. 

We won't get anywhere being the plaything of an agency with owners who won't even use Skype for planning. We are literally set up to fail. I mean seriously the bar is so low now I fail to see how it could be worse. 

The 'happy clappers' live in a weird and wonderful world!

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

It isn't that important.

I don't think Venkys are running this club properly. I think the latest interviews from Mowbray once again demonstrate that they do not treat this club with the respect and attention it requires and as a result we will be at a constant disadvantage until they either clear off or change their ways (which isn't going to happen after 10 years)

Who would be interested in Rovers and why? I have no idea. There is a big wide world out there and lots of people who would spot an opportunity to revitalise a once proud football club which remains a big name in English football and has the potential to dine at the top table again. Why would millionaires/billionaires have bought Leeds, Barnsley, Wednesday, Sheff Utd, Derby, Forest, Birmingham, Villa, Wolves, Cardiff, Reading, Watford, Bournemouth, Southampton, QPR, Fulham and the others over the last few years? Perhaps they would be football fans who want to embark on a project instead of disinterested non football fans who have no clue or idea. Perhaps they would have a business plan to invest to reach the Premier League. I don't know. But I'd like to find out. Sticking with neglectful owners until the end of time whilst the club drifts and shrinks just because we don't know who might be interested isn't a reason.

It's like wanting to move house but never putting it up for sale because you don't believe it would sell.

But they "have other businesses and coronavirus is bad in India." 

Surely that justifies not giving a shit about a Championship club that you own and adopting anything but proactive processes consistently throughout their tenure? And we should accept it rather than mentioning it again?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Playing career often has little correlation to managerial success. Putting Mowbray down against former Premier League legends just takes the focus away from the real issues at hand, lack of progress in terms of points tallies, transfer horror shows, bizarre tactics etc. Roy Keane (who I like as a pundit) would not be a good appointment.

I think you miss the point.

When Kenny arrived, players listened because of his legendary status.  He automatically commanded their attention / respect by his achievements in the game.

Very early in my professional life, I had a mentor who was a retired CEO of a national organisation.  I listened and learned and it was perhaps the most beneficial 12 months of my working life!

Edited by Mercer

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We know but keep posting about day after on here is going to change what? 

Dismissive? not at all but I just accept it cos I cant change it so what else can I do?

You have been known to be repetitive yourself Chaddy!

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think you miss the point.

When Kenny arrived, players listened because of his legendary status.  He automatically commanded their attention / respect by his achievements in the game.

He may have done but there are many examples where incredible former players have struggled in management. Roy Keane was a fantastic player who will command respect but it doesnt mean that he is a good manager. I wouldnt want former playing careers to come into a search for our new manager, whenever that is.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You always say this about any new manager. They are bound to have been sacked at some point unless its their first job in management. 

Keane has a record of promotion from the Championship,  he has gravitas, a no nonesense approach which is much needed here.  I don't see how you can just dismiss him.

I'd definitely give him a go.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

But at this time we have a massive economic recession happening. The world is a very different place to 6 months ago. 

another Wigan could be around the corner. Who knows. 

I haven't said we should stick with the current owners just I would be very sceptical of any potential owners coming in, having the funding in place to run the club long term and who would they bring into the club to run it. 

Look how long it took last time to sell the club and we were in the Premier League, very well run club and Mark Hughes as manager. Plus before the 2008 economic recession. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You dont do yourself any favours. When was TMs last job as manager? How did it go?