BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Nonsense 

He didn’t drop in the ‘pHiL bRoWn’ trolling bit 

Amazing how people stick to the ‘who else is there?’ Line but ignore when there are viable alternatives, anyone decent is dismissed in the following categories:

‘Failed at x/y/z’

‘Wouldn’t come here’

‘Wouldn’t work with Venkys’

Ignoring the fact the same people would have probably said the same about any prospective manager during Bowyer / Lambert / Coyles terms. At some point we have to be brave, no appointment would be a guaranteed success but standing still forever is also a recipe for disaster long term

Somebody assumes something and he is straight in with the old 'you know this how ?' line. Then in true hypocritical fashion runs around confindently stating nobody else will work for these owners whilst not telling us how he knows this.

There'd be an absolute barrow load of applicants for this job managers are mercenaries and the thought of the next pay off is as attractive as anything.  We just live in hope that a decent one eventually slips under the HSH old SEM net and gets their people in the Venky ear. Even they tipped up Mowbray who hasn't been bad and he on paper looked as bad as Coyle.

Edited by tomphil

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Somebody assumes something and he is straight in with the old 'you know this how ?' line. Then in true hypocritical fashion runs around confindently stating nobody else will work for these owners whilst not telling us how he knows this.

There'd be an absolute barrow load of applicants for this job managers are mercenaries and the thought of the next pay off is as attractive as anything.  We just live in hope that a decent one eventually slips under the HSH old SEM net and gets their people in the Venky ear. Even they tipped up Mowbray who hasn't been bad and he on paper looked as bad as Coyle.

Another poster made a statement about the Bank of India. Nobody has queried that statement. I drew a conclusion based on that statement - fail to see how that is "hypocritical".

Of course there will be a barrow load of applicants - most of them presently unemployed. You are living in hope that somehow one of them would be better than Tony Mowbray - who would be expensive to move on with 2 years left on his contract. I am afraid that I am not as optimistic as you.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Just seen Gaz Ainsworth on SS .  If our team could harness the pride and passion that he gets out of his, we would be bang in the play offs and possibly automatic.....mowbray is gutless and his team reflect him.

First time iv'e really listened to him and i was surprised how well he comes across. Always thought on the touchline he's just struck me as another of those one of the lads tub thumpers. They tend to do well in lower leagues but struggle with better more billy big time players and clubs if they step up.

He sounded refreshingly clear and sensible.

• Like 2

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

23 conceded in 11. 3 wins in 13. Absolutely zero passion on the touch line. It’s time, Tony. It’s time. Please. 

If he can survive no wins in 11 or 12 then there's no way he is going after 3 wins in 13. 

Poor do. Have to say TM hasn't looked convincing at all of late, and if a few key players go, it's going to be a rough one next year. 

• Like 2

Just now, Blue blood said:

If he can survive no wins in 11 or 12 then there's no way he is going after 3 wins in 13. 

Poor do. Have to say TM hasn't looked convincing at all of late, and if a few key players go, it's going to be a rough one next year. 

He doesn’t even look bothered though, which is the icing on the cake for me. Blatantly because he answers to no bugger - it’s his job for as long as he wants it, and he’s riding the wave.

• Like 4

As someone said on twitter he's like that because his job is far too comfortable. Even if they wanted shut he's got the inside of the club stitched up with his pals and they risk a mutiny with some players who are firmly in his comfort zone ticking down their own careers.

There's another 2 seasons of this muddled stuff and midtable finishes unless he jacks. He's looked and sounded fed up with it all plenty times this season so hopefully the lure of the settee and Mrs T's cooking wins the day and he takes a step back.

• Like 3

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He doesn’t even look bothered though, which is the icing on the cake for me. Blatantly because he answers to no bugger - it’s his job for as long as he wants it, and he’s riding the wave.

Gets the prods warmed up Balaji! ️ 

E790FE0C-A6F2-4AE5-A064-25072EB91F1B.jpeg

• Like 2

A dismal end to our season tonight. Luton Town complete the double over us, sticking 5 goals past us across 2 games.

In the 9 games since the restart we have conceded 18 goals. Absolutely no where near good enough.

I have no doubts Mowbray will still be here next season and he's absolutely crippled us by spending all of our budget on our "Strikeforce" and only patching up the defence with loans.

If he doesn't address the defence this summer, we are in trouble next season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yeah. I mean I couldn't help but look at the Swansea and Cardiff games thinking that could have been us. It's eating me up a bit. TM as you say doesn't seem bothered by how badly we are doing whatsoever. 

Not answering to someone in any job is a guarantee of problems occurring and it's one of the many reasons why Venkys are still killing the club. 

The other thing that annoys me about it, is knowing he has the job till kingdom come, he isn't using that to his advantage at all. Most managers have to scrap the long term vision for more immediate or at least medium term results. TM doesn't and yet we still seem no further forward then when we first came up squad wise. We need the best part of a back line. Our striking options are generally poor. We've a number of aging players. There doesn't seem any building whatsoever.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

Too much paint fumes 

typical response that. Garner is spot on IMO

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

What can he do when the players know the plan. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

What can he do when the players know the plan. 

That's them knowing the plan? My word, them not knowing it is going to be mighty scary. 

I'm not exactly senior in management (in my field), however I'm fairly confident that it's management 101 that when your employees/subordinates are arsing it up you say or do something... 

Lockdown record: W3 D1 L5 F15 A18

10 points from a possibly 27

11th place, 7 points off the play-offs but when in touching distance we bottled it.

The stats will say “progress”.

What happens this transfer window will determine if it really is, or if Mowbray is literally a spent force.

Should be the end now for Mowbray but wont be. Heading for stagnation.

Incapable of fixing our awful defence. Conceded not far off last seasons total.

Transfer record poor.

No coherent plan on the pitch.

Constant use of players out of position.

Dismal form in the last 10-15 games.

All of this wouldnt have been alieviated had Dack stayed fit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

23 conceded in 11. 3 wins in 13. Absolutely zero passion on the touch line. It’s time, Tony. It’s time. Please. 

That does make for even worse reading.

Yet it’s not even his worst record. In fact, it’s not even his worst record at Rovers!

#Untouchable

Just now, Stuart said:

Lockdown record: W3 D1 L5 F15 A18

10 points from a possibly 27

11th place, 7 points off the play-offs but when in touching distance we bottled it.

The stats will say “progress”.

What happens this transfer window will determine if it really is, or if Mowbray is literally a spent force.

We have progressed though. Try and downgrade it as much as you want, we’ve done better than last year.