BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

More points and a higher league position so clear signs of progress. looking forward to next season.

Have you not seen the past dozen games? On what basis can anyone look forward to next season? I fear for the worst next term unless there are radical changes and quick.

On the bright side Tony's 70 points target would have got us into the playoffs. Sadly though he isn't the man to get us to the playoffs.  He would have needed at least 3 games to hit that 70 points and it is unlikely to be that low a points tally to make top 6 next season. We finished 11th and that is around about Mowbray's ceiling.

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

More points and a higher league position so clear signs of progress. looking forward to next season.

Exactly. Half a season without Dack and we get more points than last season and higher place in the league. 

I am looking forward to next season and getting back to Ewood Park watching games live in the ground, Which I have missed big time since the season resume after lockdown. 

• Like 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

What’s to discuss? Mowbray plays people out of position all the time. He shows as much passion on the sidelines as a lot of men do for going shopping with their wives.

Chapman shows what Mowbray has been challenging him to show for months, then he brings fucking Bennett on instead. 
It’s obviously not a meritocracy. 

Just go away Tony.

Wigan finishing what 4 points is it behind us? They were rock bottom at Xmas. Also look at derby and leapfrogging us from before lockdown. Judge him by the stats and he’s appalling.

Weve finished below Millwall!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

We have progressed though. Try and downgrade it as much as you want, we’ve done better than last year. 

Thought it was a fairly balanced post considering he absolutely needs to be replaced and offers no hope of a rebuild on a budget.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly. Half a season without Dack and we get more points than last season and higher place in the league. 

I am looking forward to next season and getting back to Ewood Park watching games live in the ground, Which I have missed big time since the season resume after lockdown. 

So you’re saying we are better in the Championship without Dack? Interesting.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

If you want to replicate the experience you could always do some painting and then watch it dry.

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

So you’re saying we are better in the Championship without Dack? Interesting.

No but add Dack to this team and IMO we would get top 6. Armstrong has step up and show why he needs to start up front. He is goal machine. 17 goals this season

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

If you want to replicate the experience you could always do some painting and then watch it dry.

Much better being at Ewood Park watching football games. 

Did all my painting during the lockdown and me being furlough. :P

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Finally some sense being taken 

Yes it's disappointing as we was so close to play offs at one point , but we have improved from last season . Next season is a big season.  If we can improve like we have this season who knows where we could finish . Definitely need to strengthen quite  a few areas but it's gonna be an exciting season especially with some of our youngsters coming through 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mozzer said:

Finally some sense being taken 

Yes it's disappointing as we was so close to play offs at one point , but we have improved from last season . Next season is a big season.  If we can improve like we have this season who knows where we could finish . Definitely need to strengthen quite  a few areas but it's gonna be an exciting season especially with some of our youngsters coming through 

I wouldn't give him another penny to spend.

21 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

It isn't really though is it it's just water treading if we finished a point less or a place below most would just see it as mediocre stability now not outright regression. 

Can't have it both ways it's not progression it's just stability pull your head out of his arse it must be getting lonely up there now. You claim to be a realist well be one for once.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No but add Dack to this team and IMO we would get top 6. Armstrong has step up and show why he needs to start up front. He is goal machine. 17 goals this season

The majority of Armstrong's goals have been since Dack's injury and from outside the box. I don't see how they would play together, if Dack remains in the '10' role.

Just now, tomphil said:

It isn't really though is it it's just water treading if we finished a point less or a place below most would just see it as mediocre stability now not outright regression. 

Can't have it both ways it's not progression it's just stability pull your head out of his arse it must be getting lonely up there now. You claim to be a realist well be one for once.

I'm happy with the progress we've made.

• Backroom

I’d probably say goodnight and thank you Mr Mowbray now

We aren’t on a downward trajectory I just don’t think we are on any trajectory! Time to roll the dice?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

The majority of Armstrong's goals have been since Dack's injury and from outside the box. I don't see how they would play together, if Dack remains in the '10' role.

I‘d go so far as to say that Dack getting injured was the best thing to happen to Armstrong this season.

He will back back out on the left wing once Dack is back.

Assuming he is still here...

• Like 3

Just now, Stuart said:

I‘d go so far as to say that Dack getting injured was the best thing to happen to Armstrong this season.

He will back back out on the left wing once Dack is back.

Assuming he is still here...

I like Armstrong but I’d wager he won’t score as many next season. He won’t score that many from outside the box again, that’s for sure. So unless TM plays him up top (shock horror) I can see him regressing goals wise. If he’s still here that is.

• Like 2