BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

16 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I remember watching us win 1-0 in the last few minutes at home under Big Sam having endured 80 odd minutes of turgid crap football and walking out feeling awful. 

I genuinely cant understand that, winning football is the best football however you achieve it.

Give me that over the 3-2 defeat to Bournemouth every day of the week.

Just hope we get many more days like the last two Saturdays this season where we can combine both!

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Gav said:

What the hell Is Skriking?

I walked up Livesey Branch road for many years, I could have seen it, I might have done it, but what the fook is it :rock:

You surprise me Gav. My mum and dad always told me to 'stop skriking' as a kid.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Don’t know skriking? Yon mon’s been out of Lancs too long, obviously!

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

You surprise me Gav. My mum and dad always told me to 'stop skriking' as a kid.

Dyslexia had clearly kicked in, crying = Skriking (I read it Skirking) 

My apologies.

Not wanting to take the thread off track but what the hell is a dooins?

Where is it? Over there near’t dooins :blink:

Edited by Gav

Mowbray has got his 4-3-3 and most of the personnel in depth to play it.

I really hope he gets the quality of left back needed.

As previously posted, I am suspending my hostility and am waiting and seeing this season.

Four games in and nobody can attribute lost points to cock-ups by the Manager. Long may it continue.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve seen nothing this season to suggest it won’t be unlike any other under Mowbray - other than a bit more creativity away from home. I’ve posted this in the match thread but it’ll be yet another, win 3-4 on the bounce, don’t win for 5-7 games on the bounce season. Defensively still frail has heck, especially on the road. The Mowbray brigade will be on here shortly extending their ‘judge him 10 games into the season’ benchmarks. What will it be next, Feb? March? When we definitively can’t make the top 6? The V’s for once, you would hope given another season of backing, will have said it’s top 6 or bust this season. My money would firmly be on bust with regards to the play-offs. Whether that will get Mowbray the pot, well I sincerely doubt it.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I’ve seen nothing this season to suggest it won’t be unlike any other under Mowbray - other than a bit more creativity away from home. I’ve posted this in the match thread but it’ll be yet another, win 3-4 on the bounce, don’t win for 5-7 games on the bounce season. Defensively still frail has heck, especially on the road. The Mowbray brigade will be on here shortly extending their ‘judge him 10 games into the season’ benchmarks. What will it be next, Feb? March? When we definitively can’t make the top 6? The V’s for once, you would hope given another season of backing, will have said it’s top 6 or bust this season. My money would firmly be on bust with regards to the play-offs. Whether that will get Mowbray the pot, well I sincerely doubt it.

It’s funny how opinions can differ so much. I thought we were great in the wins against Wycombe and Derby, very poor against forest but back to a good performance tonight, frustrating as the result was. It’s never nice to lose but we played some positive, pressing football tonight, and were only undone by individual errors. To me that shows that we are moving in the right direction, and with our new LB to come in and Dack to come back I think we’ll continue to get stronger. 

I’m still backing us for the top 6 this season. I think this is our best chance since we were relegated into this league, as even though our squad isn’t quite as strong (no players at the level of Rhodes, Robinson or Gestede), we have a good coach and what looks like a very good team at this level if they can click. If we don’t get there I’d expect TM to come under pressure and tbh I think I’d be ready for a change if we don’t end the season round about the top 6. 

Talk of sacking TM now (I know you’re not calling for that) is foolish. 

• Like 3

Going off the first 6 games, same as last season I reckon. Lots of shit games, with a few decent games. The more vocal fans saying we're going to get into the plays offs but ending mid table. Then everyone saying oh well we'll do it next season we've got some really good players.

Till the end of time.

• Like 5

Only 6 games in but on PPG heading for at best mid-table. Looking at our upcoming fixtures I'll be surprised if we've more than 14 points after 12 games which is borderline relegation form over a full season. May be helped by the Wednesday deduction and Wycombe standards.

42 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

It’s funny how opinions can differ so much. I thought we were great in the wins against Wycombe and Derby, very poor against forest but back to a good performance tonight, frustrating as the result was. It’s never nice to lose but we played some positive, pressing football tonight, and were only undone by individual errors. To me that shows that we are moving in the right direction, and with our new LB to come in and Dack to come back I think we’ll continue to get stronger. 

I’m still backing us for the top 6 this season. I think this is our best chance since we were relegated into this league, as even though our squad isn’t quite as strong (no players at the level of Rhodes, Robinson or Gestede), we have a good coach and what looks like a very good team at this level if they can click. If we don’t get there I’d expect TM to come under pressure and tbh I think I’d be ready for a change if we don’t end the season round about the top 6. 

Talk of sacking TM now (I know you’re not calling for that) is foolish. 

I agree this season is and probably will be our best chance at promotion in a long time. We're already looking like a massive turnover again next summer.

I disagree individual errors were solely to blame tonight. This comes back to the manager and coaching staff not setting us up correctly as a defensive unit. It's happened too often to be blamed on errors. He can't or won't change though so that's up to him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Only 6 games in but on PPG heading for at best mid-table. Looking at our upcoming fixtures I'll be surprised if we've more than 14 points after 12 games which is borderline relegation form over a full season. May be helped by the Wednesday deduction and Wycombe standards.

Yawn.

But congratulations on bringing "relegation form" into the discussion, with 40 out of 46 games still to be played.

Bit like thinking we are playing ‘top’ and are in line for automatic promotion.

Bit of realism needed on both sides.

There’s promise there, but can we win the requisite amount of games? I foresee a few matches in which we are picked off like last night, more home frustration as sides sit in, but a fair few good wins against some of the average sides.

Will it be enough?

WDL is where we will continue to be.

We have runs of bad form and spells of short winning runs which mean we step up and step down but it then averages out.

I’m hoping we can stay in and around 7-10th to give us the sense of looking up rather than down but we cannot keep persevering with mediocrity (aka stability) and watch managers like Chris Hughton pass us by.

We keep looking for players who can take us to that next level. Sooner or later we have to admit we instead need a manager who can.

• Like 3