BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, Madon said:

Whoever it is needs a good slap. Posting some disgusting stuff on Chaddys Twitter which includes tweeting Tyrhys Dolan on a tweet about his mate dying... and it isn't nice! 

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Yeah, just seen it all. Disgusting - what kind of loser does something like that? 

I’m sure someone posted Tyrhys Dolan on the Covid thread on the other side of the forum last night, completely out of the blue referring to chaddy, the mods have removed it, hopefully they know who the culprit is.

Some spineless faceless bedroom dwelling no mark no doubt.

As for Mowbray, the good news is we’ve time to sort out the defence, still very early days.

The bad news is, he’s been trying for 3yrs!

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Then some will say, let's give him another window, let's see how we start, let's see where we are after 6 matches, let's see where we are after 12 matches, let's see where we are at Christmas, let's give him another window, let's give him the season.

And, IMO,  round and round in circles we go on a feckin journey to nowhere other than to Mowbray's pension pot.

He's been here almost four years now and I think enough is a feckin enough. 

I had to reply to this because, sadly, I believe it is absolutely spot on. Yes we will win a few this season, we will be good on the eye going forward and will wax lyrical about Rothwell's dynamism, Dolan's feet, Brereton's potential or how brilliant Mowbray was at bringing Elliott in, but ultimately we will end up like last season, and the season before that. 

Mowbray is a very nice man and his heart is in the right place. He has finally assembled a really good squad of players but none of that counts for anything if we keep losing. And we will keep losing because we are defensively shambolic. 

This fear of replacing him has to stop. Already this season we have faced teams whose manager has shown far more nous and savvy than Mowbray. Sentimentality and fear will yield failure again. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He should have been history years ago. He's got no idea of how to get out of this division. You don't need to be a mini Liverpool, you need to be well organised with a coherent, settled way of playing. It doesn't need to be too sophisticated at this level, everybody in the squad needs to know exactly what's required of them and be able to fulfil that role. Under Mowbray we've never looked like a team were every element of the team is fit for purpose. And that's when we were playing well.

How long has Readings manager been in the job ? Yet he's already constructed a team that will be there or there abouts at the end of the season.

Just tired of this " Ground Hog Day " of a club where no matter how many changes we make nothing actually changes.

Absolutely spot on Tyrone.

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He should have been history years ago. He's got no idea of how to get out of this division. 

To be fair he took West Brom up as champions didn’t he? With Kevin Philips banging the goals in, similar player to Armstrong in many respects. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

To be fair he took West Brom up as champions didn’t he? With Kevin Philips banging the goals in, similar player to Armstrong in many respects. 

A decade in football is a lifetime and the elements he had then are way different to now, as is the difference between elite quality in Philips and bog standard in Armo.

Means feck all now any of that pal, sorry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Yeah, just seen it all. Disgusting - what kind of loser does something like that? 

Yes. We've all to our views about Chaddy but none of us would wish that on him. I suppose on reflection one of us might, which is a disturbing thought. more likely to be someone on Twitter.

Chin up Chaddy, we know that's not you!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

Yes. We've all to our views about Chaddy but none of us would wish that on him. I suppose on reflection one of us might, which is a disturbing thought. more likely to be someone on Twitter.

I’ve not seen the stuff myself, but one or 2 on here were laughing and joking about it last night :angry2:

The lads a Rovers fan at the end of the day and a bloody passionate one at that, same as we all are, you hit one and we all limp. 

• Like 6

Just now, Gav said:

I’ve not seen the stuff myself, but one or 2 on here were laughing and joking about it last night :angry2:

The lads a Rovers fan at the end of the day and a bloody passionate one at that, same as we all are, you hit one and we all limp. 

Could be a Rovers fan who's done it for all we know. I haven't seen any of it other than his avatar on here. So presumably this site is being attacked? I can't imagine Chaddy chose it.

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

A decade in football is a lifetime and the elements he had then are way different to now, as is the difference between elite quality in Philips and bog standard in Armo.

Means feck all now any of that pal, sorry.

Yes I agree tomphil, I was just making the point he has taken a team out of this division.

I said at the back end of last season that he should get 10 games to see if he change things, in my opinion he's certainly done that.

The biggest criticism of Mowbray on here was he never goes for the win, well thats not the case this season so far! He was also criticized for not bringing in any decent defenders, he's hopefully addresses that issue to.

Its still very early in the season, we look a good side going forward, if he fixes the backline we could do something this season and I never thought I'd be saying that at the back end of last season.

Keep the faith.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, 47er said:

A lot of his posts on Twitter seem to be trump/biden related, so wondering if he is a yank. 

But yeah, Chaddy winds a few up but this is bang out of order whoever is doing this. 

26 minutes ago, Gav said:

Yes I agree tomphil, I was just making the point he has taken a team out of this division.

I said at the back end of last season that he should get 10 games to see if he change things, in my opinion he's certainly done that.

The biggest criticism of Mowbray on here was he never goes for the win, well thats not the case this season so far! He was also criticized for not bringing in any decent defenders, he's hopefully addresses that issue to.

Its still very early in the season, we look a good side going forward, if he fixes the backline we could do something this season and I never thought I'd be saying that at the back end of last season.

Keep the faith.

Agree with much of it most of my moaning has been because of the timid Bowyeresqe nature of this managers approach too often.  Said many times all i wanted to see was us genuinely having a go over the season i feel he's on the right track in that regard.

I'd much rather this approach than drawing every week and hear a manager jacking off on the old unbeaten run line. It'll have its ups and downs like we are seeing, elated one min tearing your hair out next but to me that's what football is about. Mundane crap can be shoved where the sun doesn't shine !

Problem with TM is he's never ever shown himself to be someone who can find balance, any balance never mind the the right one.  It's wearing thin now he's had god knows how many windows and enough backing to see us looking to break upwards from the middle pack. His repeated blind spots and stubborness in regards to certain players will be the undoing again imo but we'll see.

He's been good at proving us wrong when we've thought all is lost but just not good enough in proving he's the man for the ultimate goal.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

I also think that if it was as simple as having a slow build then every club in the country would do it, rather than firing their manager and trying to appoint better.

Having said that I think the frustration comes because we can all see how close we get, but we're constantly undone by either individual errors or tinkering. But the fact these individual errors have been happening since Tony took charge it's hard to not point the finger.

The league this year is much weaker than previous seasons, and with the games coming so thick and fast any team that can stay injury free and show any semblance of consistency will get out of this league. Just can't see us being that team as we can't seem to do either of those things. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

A lot of his posts on Twitter seem to be trump/biden related, so wondering if he is a yank. 

But yeah, Chaddy winds a few up but this is bang out of order whoever is doing this. 

Yeah it was totally out of order. I knew Chaddy wouldn't have posted that right away. A guy who posts on here from time to time managed to alter one of my posts to totally change the meaning of what I intended to say. You've got to be a complete tosser to do stuff like that. It's the only time I've complained to the Mods about another member of any of the forums I'm on.

48 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

The point is, he hasn't. He has obviously had his Twitter account and his account here hacked.

If he's been working and left his desk top / laptop open, work colleagues are notorious for pranks. 

Sounds like some of the stuff is a bit more than a prank though - sadly, there are folk like that around.

Didn't Chaddy recently say he works some night shifts?