BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, Stuart said:

Pushed? He left because of... dignity and stuff.

When he was appointed I think everyone's original reaction was "How was he even on the radar?"

I'd say he's done better than people originally expected but imo  it's been blindingly obvious for coming up to two years he isn't the man to take us any further. To try and make out we couldn't do better is nonsense.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Gav said:

I’ve not seen the stuff myself, but one or 2 on here were laughing and joking about it last night :angry2:

There are some really sad people on this site. Their behaviour is pathetic and pitiable where it comes to Chaddy. Makes me wonder what their life is actually like when they spend their time obsessively arguing with him. This is a new low. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

When he was appointed I think everyone's original reaction was "How was he even on the radar?"

I'd say he's done better than people originally expected but imo  it's been blindingly obvious for coming up to two years he isn't the man to take us any further. To try and make out we couldn't do better is nonsense.

Who do you think is at the club who can/will identify the "better" manager ?

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The family in India will make the appointment and you actually think they will pluck some rising star from Europe or further afield?  The appointment will come from whichever agent is in favour at that particular time.  The owners won't have a clue if that appointment is an improvement on the present manager or not.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

There are some really sad people on this site. Their behaviour is pathetic and pitiable where it comes to Chaddy. Makes me wonder what their life is actually like when they spend their time obsessively arguing with him. This is a new low. 

Are you sure? I haven't seen even one such comment on this MB and wouldn't expect to. I'm talking about reaction to his account being hacked by the way.

Where was the "new low"?

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

It certainly wouldn't be Waggot although he might be asked to recommend. Just to window dress.

The boys at HSH or whatever it is called who've brought in the last God knows how many would be on the case 

Why you might ask, why indeed.

Meanwhile what's the shadow man up to these days ?

6 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Who do you think is at the club who can/will identify the "better" manager ?

Well he's going to resign, retire sometime isn't he? So this process, whatever it is, will have to be gone through at some point.

Let's hope there's a club left by then eh?

1 minute ago, Parsonblue said:

The family in India will make the appointment and you actually think they will pluck some rising star from Europe or further afield?  The appointment will come from whichever agent is in favour at that particular time.  The owners won't have a clue if that appointment is an improvement on the present manager or not.

Hi Parson, I would have thought it was fairly probable that Mowbray got the gig solely by virtue of being on the books of our favourite agency HSH. It certainly wasn't anything to do with his CV at that point.

But again, you seem happy with Mowbray, so if that method of recruitment worked in appointing him then why is it not an acceptable method for appointing someone else?

And why couldn't it be  even more successful?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

Are you sure? I haven't seen even one such comment on this MB and wouldn't expect to. I'm talking about reaction to his account being hacked by the way.

Where was the "new low"?

I was referring to Gav’s quoted post where he said people were having a good laugh about his account being hacked. 

Just now, 47er said:

Well he's going to resign, retire sometime isn't he? So this process, whatever it is, will have to be gone through at some point.

Let's hope there's a club left by then eh?

Let's hope there's some fans left as well. When you get to the point were nothing you can do as fans collectively influences what's going on, or more to the point not going on, at board level you start thinking why bother.

1 minute ago, The Hypnotic said:

I was referring to Gav’s quoted post where he said people were having a good laugh about his account being hacked. 

Yes but that wasn't on here. Your post is all about this MB and you conclude its reached a "new low".

Not true is it?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

28 minutes ago, 47er said:

Yes but that wasn't on here. Your post is all about this MB and you conclude its reached a "new low".

Not true is it?

Gents, just to confirm.

I saw 2/3 posters on this site last night, laughing at the hack on chaddys twitter page that referred to a Tyrhys Dolan song and death of one of chaddys mates.

The mods took down those despicable posts and I’m sure are now looking into the hack on his account on here.

They know who the 3 stooges are, the timing of the piss take seemed very convenient.

The culprits are cowards, bedroom dwelling no marks.

Hope that clears up the confusion. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gav said:

Gents, just to confirm.

I saw 2/3 posters on this site last night, laughing at the hack on chaddys twitter page that referred to a Tyrhys Dolan song and death of one of chaddys mates.

The mods took down those despicable posts and I’m sure are now looking into the hack on his account on here.

They know who the 3 stooges are, the timing of the piss take seemed very convenient.

Cowards.

Hope that clears up the confusion. 

Well it does and I apologise for my mistake. As the posts had been take down I didn't know they existed. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Where’s Judan Ali these days????

Edited by TBTF

12 minutes ago, 47er said:

Well it does and I apologise for my mistake. As the posts had been take down I didn't know they existed. 

You wouldn’t have know 47er, it was all cleared up rather rapidly by our superb mod team.

I’ve seen his account on here hacked in the exact same way previously, hopefully the mods will pounce.

I don’t agree with chaddy on most things, but one thing we all have in common is the reason we are here right now - Blackburn Rovers - His passion for the club shines through and I for one hope to see him posting back on here as soon as possible. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Fully agree. His methods are not cut out for the Championship and his refusal to address the on-going issues in defence is a big factor. His rotation policy and favouritism for certain players doesn’t help either.

We have been very fortunate to have played the three de facto bottom teams in our opening fixtures or things would look very grim indeed. Even Forest who we nearly took a point from are “fourth bottom”.

When a manager has so much autonomy he needs to do a few things: first, have a clear ethos and direction, second, set high standards and be ruthless in cutting player from the team, third, a regular freshening up of the back room team when methods stop delivering.

On the face of it we don’t have clear direction, we have “progress”. As long as there appears to be progress then that’ll do. We don’t have high standards - anywhere in this organisation - if you say the right things and try hard you will be persevered with. If you have ambitions and standards of your own you will be seen as a threat. Our back room team has stagnated, with only the addition of Damien Johnson as the tech guy to measure how badly we are doing.

Mowbray needs a CEO on his case, questioning the recruitment failures, the rotation policy, demanding answers, pushing a time frame for improvement, even looking at alternative managers who could come in. We have a dwindling fanbase and a hole in the finances to worry about. Does anyone think Waggott is doing that? All I can see is the fans being blamed for not simply accepting all this and paying their money. Mind you, if we did have any of the above then he would have been gone by now.

Mowbray is the wrong guy to have this much power over the club. His nice guy jumpers-for-goalposts ethos isn’t enough. An injury to Armstrong and we are in trouble. How, after all these windows and all these attackers can we still be so reliant on one player?

• Like 5

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think that's rubbish. Basically if we were looking for another manager to replace Mowbray all we'd have to do to surpass the appointment on paper  would be to appoint a manager who wasn't on the managerial scrapheap having walked out of a job with a League One Club before he was pushed!

Can you please explain to me who on the below list gives you faith that Venkys will appoint a better manager than Mowbray?

image.png.e819bb9d09b98dfe2dab742896656f1e.png

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Can you please explain to me who on the below list gives you faith that Venkys will appoint a better manager than Mowbray?

image.png.e819bb9d09b98dfe2dab742896656f1e.png

Can throw that argument in the bin, despise it, stick with good old Tony due to fear of what we would get after. Refuse to be ruled by fear.

pearson or promote Johnson for me, sadly I can’t see it , mowbray would need to walk

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Can throw that argument in the bin, despise it, stick with good old Tony due to fear of what we would get after. Refuse to be ruled by fear.

pearson or promote Johnson for me, sadly I can’t see it , mowbray would need to walk

Pearson!? Again I will point you to the list. What makes you think Venkys, or whichever agent they turn to for advice on the appointment, would go for someone of the calibre of Pearson? Johnson would be far more likely and that's a massive gamble. 

I'm as fed up as anyone with Mowbray, we're not getting promoted with him as manager, but that doesn't mean I can ignore the utter calamity of the last 10 yrs under Venkys.

• Like 1