BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, unleaded said:

All I see Johnson doing is drinking coffee while the matches are going on .. doesn’t look hungry ... Surprised TM is still here ..  

Noticed that today when the camera panned onto the bench, the body language of all 3, Mowbray Venus and DJ was absolutely appalling. All 3 slumped in their seats with not a peep out of any of them. Johnson was slumped so far down in his seat he was almost horizontal.

• Like 1

At any normal Club the powers that be would be sounding out potential availability of managers in case the next two home games go South as well.

At our Club with the long distance owners and the manager's best mate as his boss I doubt they've even registered there's a potential problem.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Noticed that today when the camera panned onto the bench, the body language of all 3, Mowbray Venus and DJ was absolutely appalling. All 3 slumped in their seats with not a peep out of any of them. Johnson was slumped so far down in his seat he was almost horizontal.

they probably know the games up but are hoping for a pay off,johnson would in all probabilities would rather not be seen with them,hence the the horizontal hiding position?

• Like 2

All I want to hear is Mr Balaji or Mrs D or preferably the whole clan have made a conference call to TM and Waggot.

"Hey guys thanks for your hard work but we are concerned about losing this many already. We know the circumstances but we feel we've given you adequate backing and support to cope with this. Please put on record we are not happy with the way it's going and feel it's only fair to expect improvement in the coming weeks "

Some bloody culpability and the odd kick up the backside.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 6

Just now, rigger said:

What I can't understand, is that if TM thinks playing Gallagher on the wing is a fantastic tactic, why doesn't he start him there? I think it is another case of a failed plan that TM is too stubborn to admit to.

I think it’s as simple as having to play him because of the price tag but there being better players in the middle. If he was ‘one of our own’  he wouldn’t get a look in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

All I want to hear is Mr Balaji or Mrs D or preferably the whole clan have made a conference call to TM and Waggot.

"Hey guys thanks for your hard work but we are concerned about losing this many already. We know the circumstances but we feel we've given you adequate backing and support to cope with this. Please put on record we are not happy with the way it's going and feel it's only fair to expect improvement in the coming weeks "

Some fucking culpability and the odd kick up the backside.

Follow Alan Sugar....You're FIRED !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I think it’s as simple as having to play him because of the price tag but there being better players in the middle. If he was ‘one of our own’  he wouldn’t get a look in.

To me, if true, that is the sign of a very poor manager.

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Some fucking culpability and the odd kick up the backside.

Tony is coasting and the comfort zone mentality filters down to the players. He needs pressure applying from Pune now, but I somehow doubt its happening. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

What I can't understand, is that if TM thinks playing Gallagher on the wing is a fantastic tactic, why doesn't he start him there? I think it is another case of a failed plan that TM is too stubborn to admit to.

To my dying day I will not understand it. Right wing. Left wing. He’s taking the piss. 100%.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, broadsword said:

That reminds me of that Mitchell starc song. 

Tony plays him on the left, plays him on the right. Sam Gallagher, he truly is shite

Sorry to be pedantic, but its actually Mitchell Johnson.

Suppose it would be. He plays on the left, he plays on the right, that sam gallagher all round hes f*****g shite.

Edited by Mogga

Gallagher is just another cul-de-sac he’s taken us down and is too stubborn to admit he’s wrong or too stupid to see that it isn’t working.

Same with Bennett we all know he’s going straight back into the side when he’s fit even though now in most positions there’s at least one player better than him. 

• Like 3

The most frustrating manager in Rovers modern history for me, many good points but his blind spots are insane.  Aside from having a dodgy back line his entire tenure the team as a whole has never had any balance.  Certainly not for more than a few games at a time when he actually finds one, he can't wait to change it up again.

That's why it's a bit misguided when fans say we have such a body out and so many to come back. True but as others have said a fully fit squad even in non covid times just means more rotation and constant tinkering with this fella is written in his dna like the middle of a stick of rock.

• Like 4

Mowbray is responsible for results and the buck stops with him. There are extenuating circumstances sometimes but if results are poor then the outcome should be inevitable. The key word there is should because as most of us know we are a rudderless ship just drifting aimlessly along.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Gamst said:

Tony is coasting and the comfort zone mentality filters down to the players. He needs pressure applying from Pune now, but I somehow doubt its happening. 

Absolutely no rigour at the club. The " buck " doesn't stop anywhere. At other clubs the manager would be being called to the boardroom tomorrow morning for the hard word. At Rovers it'll be just business as usual. I thought the idea of bringing Johnno into the coaching set up was to allow him to have a greater responsibility for the first team. As far as I can see at the moment he's a glorified stats man.  

• Like 1