BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Absolutely no rigour at the club. The " buck " doesn't stop anywhere. At other clubs the manager would be being called to the boardroom tomorrow morning for the hard word. At Rovers it'll be just business as usual. I thought the idea of bringing Johnno into the coaching set up was to allow him to have a greater responsibility for the first team. As far as I can see at the moment he's a glorified stats man.  

Sadly there is no one in the boardroom with anything resembling a pair of decent bollocks...

The only folk in there, or in any position resembling authority at the club, are either narcissistic non-supporters hell bent on keeping their snout in the trough, or voiceless spineless inept makeweights there only to justify turning the heating on for match days.

Until we are a proper club again, this torment will continue.

• Like 6

• Moderation Lead
On 30/10/2020 at 12:54, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18833297.no-lasting-defensive-tactical-concerns-rovers-boss/

Seems that Mowbray is naive to the vulnerability we currently have against anyone half decent on the counter attack. He doesnt think it is anything that he has done.

Play with 2 full backs as wingers and 2 of 3 central midfielders high up in the current manner and we will keep conceding against half decent sides. 

‘No lasting defensive or tactical concerns’.

Yet we concede another two at the weekend...

• Like 2

I try not to but still find myself reading Mowbrays drivel.

Post Swansea he's hanging out to dry Lenihan, Williams and Armstrong.

Indeed revealing that our CBs are not up to it against big robust forwards and we would have been ok if Ayala had played.

Naturally he omits the plain fact that in the Championship big forwards are not uncommon and that prior to the very recent signing of another Sicknote the unfit for purpose had been our CB mainstays for quite sometime.

Only from a position of supreme power and control can such a basket case manager survive. Oh. and owners that don't give a fuck.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Apparently that's 20 points from the last 18 games (since end of Lockdown 1) according to someone on LT comments. 

I think my prediction of Top half might have to be revised. 

Gets us less than 50 points extrapolated over a season. Bona fide relegation form and 18 games is hardly a small sample.

Got to be happy for the Wednesday points deduction and that Wycombe are a load of pony.

Edited by LDRover

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Absolutely no rigour at the club. The " buck " doesn't stop anywhere. At other clubs the manager would be being called to the boardroom tomorrow morning for the hard word. At Rovers it'll be just business as usual. I thought the idea of bringing Johnno into the coaching set up was to allow him to have a greater responsibility for the first team. As far as I can see at the moment he's a glorified stats man.  

A bit of stealth going on there though perhaps by TM and his best pal.  Removed the man waiting in the wings to a back office job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

‘No lasting defensive or tactical concerns’.

Yet we concede another two at the weekend...

It's pretty unforgivable the media don't call him out on these things when the mic is under his nose.  Talk about a comfy position, i doubt he had it so easy in his beloved Boro.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's pretty unforgivable the media don't call him out on these things when the mic is under his nose.  Talk about a comfy position, i doubt he had it so easy in his beloved Boro.

The local media are pathetic. I bet Mowbray can't believe his luck, he's got disinterested owners who never even visit, he has managed to get his mate appointed as CEO, he's got a local media who wouldn't dare to ask him a challenging question and just as he thought things couldn't get any better for him Covid hit so he has now has no fan pressure on him. I honestly think that he has the job here for as long as he wants it.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I asked how many more years before You can judge?  As you said it far too early for you to judge.

Yes it is far too early to judge Mowbray this season. 

I judged him last season and for me, we improved and finished in a higher league position. 

I gathered from your comments you would like a change of manager at Rovers?

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes it is far too early to judge Mowbray this season. 

I judged him last season and for me, we improved and finished in a higher league position. 

We've had 20% of this season and can you not notice glaring similarities from the previous 2 season that clearly Mowbray is not capable of sorting? 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

We've had 20% of this season and can you not notice glaring similarities from the previous 2 season that clearly Mowbray is not capable of sorting? 

I am fully aware of how many games have gone thanks. 

I am happy with Mowbray in charge overall and happy to give this 4-3-3 more times. 

When I think its time for a change I will post and I'm sure you will reply to it. 

So just to clarity, You want a change of manager and if thats the case who would you appoint?

Much talk of unfortunate injuries, Covid etc but.....to be honest, even with the return of a number of players ,who has any hope of 3 points on Tuesday? 
Warnock will outthink Tony,  Morsey will outmuscle Holtby,  Assombalonga will outjump Lenihan....and what they’ll do with Pears ...I hate to think. 
He will be bullied ( remember, Warnock dropped him as soon as he was appointed) , but , on a 4 year deal ( scandalous ) he has time to prove his former boss wrong! 

Ayala ??? ...unfit....another reason why he and Warnock didn’t see. eye to eye.

No slow build...he just plays hard men who have to prove their worth every week. 
We play men who rarely prove their worth every week. 

But, as Tony says there’s positives...until we KNOW how to defend , as a team.....there are no positives for me . 
Different week.....same sh.t 

• Like 7

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Apparently Mowbray is under pressure, if we lose to Boro saw someone say he'd lose his job. 

Has anyone with any knowledge heard the same? 

One can hope

waggot would`nt sack mowbray if he took us to the conference and venkys hav`nt got clue whats going on,our only hope of the mowbray regime ending is if he decides to resign(unlikely) or he decides he`s had enough of the stress,retires  and arranges a pay off

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I am fully aware of how many games have gone thanks. 

I am happy with Mowbray in charge overall and happy to give this 4-3-3 more times. 

When I think its time for a change I will post and I'm sure you will reply to it. 

So just to clarity, You want a change of manager and if thats the case who would you appoint?

20 Points from the last 18 games playing 4-3-3 if we keep playing it you can forget the top 6 we will be more like bottom 6 with that sort of points return. It doesn't suit our players and no amount of tinkering will change that.

There are a number of managers out there who I would take but it is pointless naming them as whenever posters name alternatives Mowbray's disciples on here tell us how we couldn't possibly attract any decent names that are mentioned and that there is no one better than their dear leader to manage the club.

• Like 2

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

20 Points from the last 18 games playing 4-3-3 if we keep playing it you can forget the top 6 we will be more like bottom 6 with that sort of points return. It doesn't suit our players and no amount of tinkering will change that.

There are a number of managers out there who I would take but it is pointless naming them as whenever posters name alternatives Mowbray's disciples on here tell us how we couldn't possibly attract any decent names that are mentioned and that there is no one better than their dear leader to manage the club.

My main complaint is Mowbray has accumulated all these players and he still hasn't come up with a successful way of playing. I suspect it's not possible. It's like accumulating random pieces from several jigsaws and trying to fit them together.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Apparently Mowbray is under pressure, if we lose to Boro saw someone say he'd lose his job. 

Has anyone with any knowledge heard the same? 

One can hope

Boro could do us 5-0 or more but Mowbray would still be in situ.

Why hasn't our fanbase worked out that yet and that we are being cornholed.

I really despair that cons are so easy to pull.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Like I said before, We are playing 4-3-3 formation differently from last season as I pointed out in previous posts to yourself on here, I think its does suited our players like Armstrong, Elliott, Rothwell, Holtby, Brereton. Plus Douglas pushing on from left back

I just wondered who would appoint if you got your wish of Mowbray leaving. Just after your opinion

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said before, We are playing 4-3-3 formation differently from last season as I pointed out in previous posts to yourself on here, I think its does suited our players like Armstrong, Elliott, Rothwell, Holtby, Brereton. Plus Douglas pushing on from left back

I just wondered who would appoint if you got your wish of Mowbray leaving. Just after your opinion

It's still 4-3-3 you are you just tinkering around the edges. The 4-3-3 system does not suit our players. 

I'd have a shortlist of 3 to replace Mowbray and those 3 would be Mark Hughes, Nigel Pearson and Tony Pulis. 

• Like 1