BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

38 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

waggot would`nt sack mowbray if he took us to the conference and venkys hav`nt got clue whats going on,our only hope of the mowbray regime ending is if he decides to resign(unlikely) or he decides he`s had enough of the stress,retires  and arranges a pay off

Not much stress when there is no crowd in the ground

9 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's still 4-3-3 you are you just tinkering around the edges. The 4-3-3 system does not suit our players. 

I'd have a shortlist of 3 to replace Mowbray and those 3 would be Mark Hughes, Nigel Pearson and Tony Pulis. 

hughes is a busted flush imo,neither pearson or pulis would work with waggot or venkys,both are no nonsense types who would`nt put up with any venky/waggott nonsense

19 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's still 4-3-3 you are you just tinkering around the edges. The 4-3-3 system does not suit our players. 

I'd have a shortlist of 3 to replace Mowbray and those 3 would be Mark Hughes, Nigel Pearson and Tony Pulis. 

For me, it's been more tinkering the system. Me and you are better agreeing to disagree  

Thanks for answering the question. ?

Just to lighten the gloom.

I've been re reading " Inverting The Pyramid " which is a book about the history of football tactics.

Why don't we give 2-3-5 another go, it worked great when I was a kid. Goals galore.

Kaminski

Nyambe, Douglas

Holtby, Ayala, Trybull

Dolan, Armstrong, Brererton, Rothwell, Elliot 

Do you think Tony would go for it ?

4 hours ago, LDRover said:

Gets us less than 50 points extrapolated over a season. Bona fide relegation form and 18 games is hardly a small sample.

Got to be happy for the Wednesday points deduction and that Wycombe are a load of pony.

Wycombe beat Sheff Wed yesterday, didn't they also come within an ace of getting a draw at Norwich ?

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

A bit of stealth going on there though perhaps by TM and his best pal.  Removed the man waiting in the wings to a back office job.

Well this time last year Johnno would have been a very popular choice if we needed to appoint a caretaker manager. Now as far as I can see he'd be well out of the running having been tarred with the Mowbray brush.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just to lighten the gloom.

I've been re reading " Inverting The Pyramid " which is a book about the history of football tactics.

Why don't we give 2-3-5 another go, it worked great when I was a kid. Goals galore.

Kaminski

Nyambe, Douglas

Holtby, Ayala, Trybull

Dolan, Armstrong, Brererton, Rothwell, Elliot 

Do you think Tony would go for it ?

I think he'd love to play every week if he could get away with it but in Tony's ideal world it would be Bennett for Nyambie, Evans for Trybull and Gallagher certainly for Dolan.  Maybe even Bell for Elliot, got to think of the pecking order and keeping them happy.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Apparently Mowbray is under pressure, if we lose to Boro saw someone say he'd lose his job. 

Has anyone with any knowledge heard the same? 

One can hope

Aye and Boris will cancel lockdown if Rovers beat Boro !

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

I think he'd love to play every week if he could get away with it but in Tony's ideal world it would be Bennett for Nyambie, Evans for Trybull and Gallagher certainly for Dolan.  Maybe even Bell for Elliot, got to think of the pecking order and keeping them happy.

It's funny that in my lifetime with some teams it's gone from 2-3-5 to 5-3-2. Has it made football better to watch ? Err, No.

57 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I saw the same thing it's just some guy making stuff up on Facebook going off the comments

Hypothetically it would be nice if Swag wasn't Mowbray's boss and he was right though. 

In an ideal world we'd make the change if we didn't get an absolute minimum of four points from the next two home games giving a new man a couple of weeks to bed in during the international break.

If results continue to disappoint and the goals against continue to rain in, I'd say a change has to be made with thirty games to go to give a new man a realistic chance of salvaging the season. That would give him another seven games at the outside.

In reality we know that won't happen but it's what should occur.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Apparently Mowbray is under pressure, if we lose to Boro saw someone say he'd lose his job. 

Has anyone with any knowledge heard the same? 

One can hope

As the match will get the 'full sky monty', i think there is going to be even more pressure on Mowbray.

If Warnock and M'boro do a real job on Rovers, it just might make the Pune mob sit up and wonder wtf is going on and what if!!!

One can only live in hope.

If we get spanked and Mowbray goes, it will be a good night.  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As the match will get the 'full sky monty', i think there is going to be even more pressure on Mowbray.

If Warnock and M'boro do a real job on Rovers, it just might make the Pune mob sit up and wonder wtf is going on and what if!!!

It was one guy on a Facebook group posting on there. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Boro don't seem to be spanking people, I expect them to grind out a scrappy one goal victory, maybe we'll get some strokes of ill fortune in the game which Mowbray will be able latch on to and point at in conjunction with the injury list and on we limp regardless.

You're right though, if we did get a real tubbing it might raise some eyebrows 

Edited by RevidgeBlue

30 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Agreed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I managed to square the circle when king rat was in charge, I wanted to lose games to get rid of the c***.

But wanting to lose under Mowbray? A decent guy trying to move a basket case of a club forward? 

Have a word with yourself Mercer.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Gav said:

I managed to square the circle when king rat was in charge, I wanted to lose games to get rid of the c***.

But wanting to lose under Mowbray? A decent guy trying to move a basket case of a club forward? 

What's the alternative then Gav? 

Stick with him indefinitely regardless of results because he's allegedly "a nice guy"?

That's probably subjective anyway. I don't suppose certain players like Mulgrew, Nyambe, Davenport and Chapman would automatically agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

It's never got that bad for me either. That's because I'm a bad loser, always have been, you might have detected that. I'd never bet against Rovers either although I knew backing on us to go down when we appointed Coyle was a licence to print money.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Mowbray? A decent guy trying to move a basket case of a club forward? 

I take issue with you on this point.  If he was serious he would sort the defence out.  He's actually taking advantage of this "basket case" of a club in my opinion.  He should be sacked for not trying hard enough. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You want a change of manager and if thats the case who would you appoint?

Somebody better than Mowbray. Hoping against hope that the club has the necessary processes are in place.

if not, then what sort of a club are we when we must keep an incompetent manager in place because we have no-one able or willing to find a better one?

• Like 3