BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

If he was willing to manage at this level i'd want him to reunite with his old team Bowen and Neidszwicki. Bowen still working at Reading I think.

Bowen left Reading after rejecting the return to Sporting Director. Eddie Neidzwicki is still at Reading. 

Does Bowen want to be head coach himself and not a number 2 again?

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Anyone who counters Mowbray out with "who would you replace him with".

How small minded must you be. 

Look at clubs that hire unknowns with some success abroad - Graham Potter.

Reading hiring some unknown with a good rep abroad, that team is nowhere near better than ours. We just have a shit manager. 

Some people asked Posters who they would go for if Mowbray was replace like I did with Ewood Ace. He answered it. I apprenticed he named his the 3 man shortlist

Reading hired their current coach cos of agents who are involved with the their owners there. Same as Wolves with Nuno, 

Same as here with the agents except the ones here have a scrapheap client list.

They seem to specialize in recent failures rather than up and comers.

Another reason we won't have the success others seem to have despite heavy agent involvement.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

Just  nothing makes sense with him. What does he see when Gallagher is playing and on the ball...? One point tonight he totally ignored Elliot and went down a blind alley and lost the ball.  Instead of using Elliot to receive and give again.  Just not got it.  He must be on 15k pw for the next 3 years....how the feck has that happened.?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Just  nothing makes sense with him. What does he see when Gallagher is playing and on the ball...? One point tonight he totally ignored Elliot and went down a blind alley and lost the ball.  Instead of using Elliot to receive and give again.  Just not got it.  He must be on 15k pw for the next 3 years....how the feck has that happened.?

That signing alone is a fireable offense

• Like 2

9 hours ago, unleaded said:

He’s had many of these runs before .. Venkys are asleep and nobody cares ... sleep walking back to the league position when he first walked in .... 4 years on .. 

Agree with this although it isn't based on last night. Difficult one that but the bigger picture is the same. Even though there are players to come back and newbies to bed in it'll be the end of season dead rubbers that yeild any possible marginal gains.

It's still very much The TM hamster wheel. 

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We have lost the 27th most matches in the league in 2020 from 30 teams that have been involved. Dismal.

This is categorically incorrect.

Sheffield Wednesday, Hull, Huddersfield, Bristol City, PNE, Derby, Barnsley, QPR have all lost more than Rovers. Charlton have lost the same amount from 7 fewer matches.
You can get statistics to say anything you want, particularly if you're making them up.

Rovers are the 2nd top scoring side in that period for instance (actual statistic). In fact only 5 of the 30 sides you mention have scored 40 goals or more. Rovers have 50.
Rovers have also got the 5th best goal difference out of the 30 sides.
Only half of those 30 sides has won 10 or more games. Rovers are one of those.
Rovers have scored the most goals away from homes out of any of the sides.

• Like 1

Just now, LeftWinger said:

This is categorically incorrect.

Sheffield Wednesday, Hull, Huddersfield, Bristol City, PNE, Derby, Barnsley, QPR have all lost more than Rovers. Charlton have lost the same amount from 7 fewer matches.
You can get statistics to say anything you want, particularly if you're making them up.

Rovers are the 2nd top scoring side in that period for instance (actual statistic). In fact only 5 of the 30 sides you mention have scored 40 goals or more. Rovers have 50.
Rovers have also got the 5th best goal difference out of the 30 sides.
Only half of those 30 sides has won 10 or more games. Rovers are one of those.
Rovers have scored the most goals away from homes out of any of the sides.

I got the stat from sky sports, I certainly did not just make it up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Mowbray should have been fired at  the end of the first season back up..

By not doing that the powers that be (whoever they are) have given Mowbray a licence to settle for mid table mediocrity ..

I was probably in a minority of one, not for the first time, but I would have parted company with him at the end of the promotion season. I wasn't impressed with the way we played most of the time. As we know we rarely managed to play at our optimum for more than 30 or 40 minutes in any game. Given the squad we had that was enough to win most games.  You have to be ruthless in football to win the big prizes.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was probably in a minority of one, not for the first time, but I would have parted company with him at the end of the promotion season. I wasn't impressed with the way we played most of the time. As we know we rarely managed to play at our optimum for more than 30 or 40 minutes in any game. Given the squad we had that was enough to win most games.  You have to be ruthless in football to win the big prizes.

Agreed, but I was shot down by friends at matches we attended. 

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Likewise have never been that convinced by him. 

That said I also think he is clearly the best manager we have had under Venkys (not counting Big Sam) which is a sad indictment of our recruitment process. 

• Like 2

Look at united tonight and prior this season. They have the players and a  fit squad. The wrong manager , the wrong results, the wrong end of the table. Everyone can see united need pochettino and what would happen if they did get him and it’s the same script here with Tony.  The wrong man will get you nowhere. It doesn’t matter who is in the team if they don’t know what there supposed to be doing and they arnt improving on there team and individual errors. I don’t hear many united fans going just wait til that CB Comes in three years from now. They don’t accept it. Why do we 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 5

Said it a million times but he'll never change he has a certain way of working and it works up to a point. But going over it over and over again is just going around in circles it doesn't matter how many personnel or what money. It'll still be the same end result give or take a marginal. Must stress this isn't based on last night and so many players out is a nightmare but the alarm bells were ringing after lockdown last season. I'm just not convinced the fresh influx of signings or Dacks return will alter the long standing issues overnight. 

Some good things that keep it all steady and a happy camp but too many flaws and reluctance to upset the applecart.  So all that really changes is his taglines - stability, evolution not revolution, transition to possession, transition to front foot pressing yet the same problems because its been built right from the start on sandcastle foundations.

The thing that should have evolved two years ago is the defense and take if from there.  Tosin, Ayala, Douglas just sticking plasters really.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Has he ever really been a good manager apart from one or two good seasons? Just think we could be doing much better. We don’t want to be wasting this season away when it’s there for the taking.

tbh iv`e never been a fan,overthinks the game and a bad man manager,ok he got us promotion but on that budget it was pretty impossible not to,even then some performances were awful,oldham away in particular sticks out,we should have walked the league but he bottled it not going for wigans throat,now he`s managing at a higher standard he`s found wanting,p****d off harrison reed,blamed raya for all the defensive woes then brought in the worst keeper iv`e ever seen,bought two strikers for big money,one who plays like a frightened rabbit and the other who is lacking in the ability dept, i don`t think we`ll go down but as long as mowbray is here we will always be mid table

• Like 2