BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

4 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Very possible. Stoke, Swansea, Boro, Luton next 4 in the league.

Four astute managers when it comes to tactics.

Would we expect him to get one over Warnock? Nullify O'Neill? Show Cooper who's boss? Thanks to where we are, we need 9 points from these games. Plodding along is no longer an option. We need an average of 2 points+ from our remaining games this season to reach the playoffs. No safety net left.

• Like 1

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ok, that's it for me. A completely disgraceful display. No drive, confused and disjointed. 

Not happening ,but I am now in the Mowbray out camp. 

Can I check is this the first time you've joined the camp?

Missed match today, just want a gauge of how bad things are. 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, rigger said:

They are the worst in my 51 years of supporting the Rovers.

😯😯😯

Wow! Thanks. Better crack a Sat night beer to console myself. 

Can't see any way back for him now, unless he wins like 3 or 4 on bounce. 

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

They are the worst in my 51 years of supporting the Rovers.

Bad but worse than Kean and the year or so after him? Or Coyle? I don't think anything is, or will be, worse than those times.

Tony is a decent guy but a limited manager who has undoubtedly reached the end of the road.

Edited by danger19_80

5 minutes ago, Silas said:

😯😯😯

Wow! Thanks. Better crack a Sat night beer to console myself. 

Can't see any way back for him now, unless he wins like 3 or 4 on bounce. 

If we win four on the bounce, all that will guarantee is a mid table finish. This teams performances I would not except for Burnley 

Just now, danger19_80 said:

Bad but worse than Kean and the year or so after him? I don't think anything is or will be worse than that period.

Tony is a decent guy but a limited manager who has undoubtedly reached the end of the road.

But he isn't a decent guy , if he stays taking his pound of flesh. He did a good impression of a decent guy when he first arrived. Recently he has been taking the piss out of decent people some of whom are in difficult positions.

Mowbray looks disinterested and is evidently half-asleep during matches and then in the post-match interview he just sounds utterly pathetic. If he had any self-respect he would quit now. It needs someone to put him out of his misery but of course nobody will.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Silas said:

Can I check is this the first time you've joined the camp?

Missed match today, just want a gauge of how bad things are. 

Ya, it is. Its starting to look to me like he has lost the players. Just too many bad performances one after another. We look lost and his body language today was just unacceptable from a manager.

The problem is I don't want to get too invested, because how we hire and fire managers under Venkys makes no rational sense. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

The blasé comments of a manager who couldn't care less.

Where's the hurt? The embarrassment? The anger? If you've stopped caring Tony then fine, it's obvious things aren't working and perhaps you've given up. If so then do the honourable thing and resign. If you aren't going to do that and are going to cling onto the job because you hired your mate as your boss and we have absentee owners then so be it, but at least pretend that you care and that results like this hurt. Don't insult us with platitudes and lies.

My view exactly. No passion, no anger at the defeat, no responsibility for it, no apology. It's embarrassing at worst, pathetic at best. We are a hollow club, with owners who bank roll the club for the only reason to save face. It's another low. God knows who would turn back up if allowed. Under this, I wouldn't.

• Like 6