BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

On 03/08/2019 at 18:43, Martin said:

Comparisons to Kean are crazy.

We’ve been crying out for stability. We have some. Changing the manager now would be a disaster.

Are you mental??? 

Why would changing a terrible manager after 3 seasons of stagnation be a disaster? 

It's a sad sign of how far the club have fallen that some fans are happy to accept the current level the club is at. 

Edited by benhben
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, DE. said:

The blasé comments of a manager who couldn't care less.

Where's the hurt? The embarrassment? The anger? If you've stopped caring Tony then fine, it's obvious things aren't working and perhaps you've given up. If so then do the honourable thing and resign. If you aren't going to do that and are going to cling onto the job because you hired your mate as your boss and we have absentee owners then so be it, but at least pretend that you care and that results like this hurt. Don't insult us with platitudes and lies.

That's how we play. Huge lack of fight in this team. Nobody seems to really care. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ok,let's not exaggerate though. 

His time is up,but he did well to a point. No need for people to start comparing him to Kean or anything like that. 

I didn't actually compare him to kean, although the fact he handpicked the board and is therefore now under no pressure does bare similarities...

The shock in my post was in reference to a previous poster  (can't remember their name), "sacking Mowbray now would be a disaster"

Cant get my head around that one

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, benhben said:

I didn't actually compare him to kean, although the fact he handpicked the board and is therefore now under no pressure does bare similarities...

The shock in my post was in reference to a previous poster  (can't remember their name), "sacking Mowbray now would be a disaster"

Cant get my head around that one

In fairness he did post that almost a year and a half ago!

6 minutes ago, Yoogo said:

We were bad. We had clear chances to level up or go ahead, and we ultimately lost to a combination of that and a terrible bit of goalkeeping by Pears.

The only difference for me is that I wasn't all that bothered about how it was going to go beforehand, although slightly torn in that we put out a strong side.

I'm certainly not a Mowbray fanatic, but I think he deserves the rest of the season to prove us all wrong. If it's still mid-table stuff, then I think it's 4.5 decent years, and let's move on. While I'm not a fan of this "F*ck off Mowbray" stuff, especially after how bad things could have otherwise become as many said would, I think he's starting to cement himself as "Mid-table Mogga".

For me it is not about table position. I would say fuck off Mowbray, because of the dross football that is being served up game after game, with no reaction from the manager. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, benhben said:

Feck me....I've only gone and quoted a post from the first page. Jesus wept.

I'll get my coat.....

Martin hasn't been on in a while, but if he does come back I'm sure he'll appreciate the delayed response 😅

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Yoogo said:

To be fair, I do get an underlying feeling that if we start to plummet down the table, Mogga is in virtually no danger of losing his job.

There are better managers out there than Mowbray, of course. There are also worse ones. I won't lie - I'm shit-scared of who these owners could appoint next!

I would even settle for a worse manager. we are absolutely shit at the moment. I have become apathetic with Mowbray and I am starting to loose any feelings for the Rovers of today. I want to see a return of some passion even if it anger.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I WILL NOT READ SHIT

I never read anything he says. Most of us could write exactly what he'll say. I'd like a touch of the Stan Ternents - " There were players playing today who'll never play for this club again as long as I am the manager ! "

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Yoogo said:

Yes, there's definitely a "Well what's the point if we don't?" argument. I suppose the elephant in the room is if Mowbray would get canned if we finished in the top half but not in the play-offs over the next couple of seasons. I get the impression that he could do that endlessly here.

And it would be watched by sub 5000 crowds.

Edited by rigger

23 minutes ago, SamTheShrew said:

Any enjoyment has been sucked out of watching Mowbray’s Rovers over the last two years. Never been less excited about a cup game.

meh. We go again. The nightmare continues

We didn’t even watch it today.

we’ve  had enough, tune back in once TM is gone and there’s a buzz about the place again. 

• Like 2

It is the blatant lack of desire that is starting to wind me up. If we don’t make play offs this year he simply has to go. The only problem being that we are also in a poor state of affairs in terms of playing staff after this season. It could be a very rough summer. 

He has had his chances. You can’t defend the indefensible and simply put he’s getting it wrong far too many times. 

• Like 1

Should have gone last season tbh but he has at least brought in some exciting players - he just doesn't know how to use them or set up a defense. 

Tired of saying he is a nice guy - nice guys always come last, that's just the way it is. Nice bloke but that just rubs off on the players and he doesn't have the tactical nous for that kind of buddy buddy relationship to be effective on the field. 

We have some good players and i just feel that the only thing holding us back is the manager. As I have felt for at least a season now. He brought many of those players, so kudos on that, and you did a decent job tony but you have gone as far as you can. its stagnant now and we need someone to come in with fresh ideas.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

We have some good players and i just feel that the only thing holding us back is the manager. As I have felt for at least a season now. He brought many of those players, so kudos on that, and you did a decent job tony but you have gone as far as you can. its stagnant now and we need someone to come in with fresh ideas.

This.  Over the past 3 seasons I cannot see a regular steady progression of all things at the club. We need a new manager and new backroom staff.

2 hours ago, danger19_80 said:

Bad but worse than Kean and the year or so after him? Or Coyle? I don't think anything is, or will be, worse than those times.

Tony is a decent guy but a limited manager who has undoubtedly reached the end of the road.

Interesting post.

Mowbray is not as despised as Kean was, not by a long stretch. But even when Kean was here there was hope, there was an outlet. Enough people cared enough to try to bring about a change. Ultimately, IMHO, they did as they brought Shebby to the fore and things became very uncomfortable for him from that moment onwards.

This time out, it just feels relentless. A constant recurring theme of mediocrity, with no bogeyman, nobody to complain to and nobody who cares enough to complain, not even most other fans. And it just goes on forever.

It must have been how Bill Murray’s character felt in Groundhog Day at the point he was trying to end it all.

Conversely, for many fans Mowbray is the best and only man for the job - until he eventually does leave, at which point those same fans will say he had gone past his sell-by date and it was the right time to leave. But not a minute sooner.

• Like 4