BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

When he leaves I think it’ll be like Gary Bowyer. Will shuffle off without much of a ripple. By the end bowyer annoyed the hell out of me with his we gave it a right good go after sitting back for 80 mins before going behind. Mowbray annoys me now with his let’s go again, journey and endless excuses.

Both men were a stabilising influence, both men went past the limits of their capabilities, both men fairly boring individuals, both men can’t get the best out of what’s available to them, both men brought in some decent players but couldn’t get a tune out of them.

The main difference for me is Mowbray by accident or design has engineered a scenario where he’s unsackable. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

The figures are all wrong on there and it's nothing to do with agents fees and signing on fees. It's something to do with exchange rates and the figures are actually the Euro value rather than GBP. It reckons we paid over 10m for Grabbi ffs. That 10% signing on fee is completely plucked out the air as well. 

No it’s not — I have family in the sport, 10% of the transfer fee is standard. 

Best article by Sharpe I have ever read. Fair play to him. He will be run out of Brockhall again 😂

He's dead right though. Just sad, sad reading really. He doesn't say it straight out, but what he implies is so true- Mowbray says he judged the season with his eyes not with stats, well he bloody well uses stats when they suit him. He's annoying me to be honest. Mowbray out. 

On stats, that Nick Powell has scored more headers than our entire team, is an absolute disgrace. Mowbray probably thinks scoring headers are below his footballing philosophy. I'm sure the successful managers at this level would disagree. It's all very grim. Mowbray out out out!!

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

38 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Best article by Sharpe I have ever read. Fair play to him. He will be run out of Brockhall again 😂

I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if Mowbray makes a dig or two this week about ‘unhelpful outside influences’ and the like, during one of his pressers.

Perhaps Sharpe is getting a bit more ballsy as more of his work is done virtually these days!

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

There’s always a time with a manager when you can see the players just aren’t really responding anymore, a new voice is usually needed - and at a normal club the board spots it too.

However, as it doesn’t work like that here, we will just stagger on as interest within the fanbase rapidly wanes...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if Mowbray makes a dig or two this week about ‘unhelpful outside influences’ and the like, during one of his pressers.

Perhaps Sharpe is getting a bit more ballsy as more of his work is done virtually these days!

He almost certainly will. He will probably say it to the players to try and get a siege mentality going, but the players will just look at each other and be like "well he (Sharpe) is right to be fair" 

It's ballsy for Sharpe's standards, but like ,there is nothing untrue in it. You could even say it doest go far enough, but ya, for Sharpe it's definitely progress down the right road. 

It feels like there is actually a bit of pressure to get a win against Swansea now. Cos Sharpe surely has to keep going on this route now. 

I'm sure if we win against Swansea Mowbray will comment 100% ,but my take on that would be, wait til you actually win a few more Tony. It's going to be interesting to see how he responds. I think you are right, he will. 

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Kevin Gallagher was more forthright and openly criticised the tactics, team selection and in match decision making. 

I don't disagree with your post arbitro, but on Gallagher.

Its a pity Kevin didn't have the balls to do the same when king rat was here, we needed the media on the supporters side, yet Kevin was one of his chief apologists week in week out, I lost all respect for him during that period.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

I don't disagree with your post arbitro, but on Gallagher.

Its a pity Kevin didn't have the balls to do the same when king rat was here, we needed the media on the supporters side, yet Kevin was one of his chief apologists week in week out, I lost all respect for him during that period.

I don't disagree Gav as I have always found that Gallagher is a poor pundit and a bit of a hanger-on. On this occasion though I think he is right.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Andy Bayes said in his preview yesterday that he felt Mowbray was one result away from the majority of fans turning on him. In his view one of the factors helping Mowbray is that there are no fans to turn up the heat on him. He mentioned that his opinion is based on social media comments. Kevin Gallagher was more forthright and openly criticised the tactics, team selection and in match decision making. Reading some of the written press it certainly feels that the wealth of opinion in local media is that his race is run.

Can Waggott make the decisions himself does anyone know? 

He is probably the one that needs to be targeted. Mowbray could walk away now with some pride intact, I just have a bad feeling this is going to drag and end very nastily. 

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can Waggott make the decisions himself does anyone know? 

From reading between the lines it would need to be Pasha to have a word in the ears of Madame/Blingy. I’d be amazed if Waggott held much sway with them.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He's dead right though. Just sad, sad reading really. He doesn't say it straight out, but what he implies is so true- Mowbray says he judged the season with his eyes not with stats, well he bloody well uses stats when they suit him. He's annoying me to be honest. Mowbray out. 

On stats, that Nick Powell has scored more headers than our entire team, is an absolute disgrace. Mowbray probably thinks scoring headers are below his footballing philosophy. I'm sure the successful managers at this level would disagree. It's all very grim. Mowbray out out out!!

Fantastic article. And if people still back Mowbray after that article full of facts then I'm worried.

The state of the pitch is obviously an issue.

What irks me with Mowbray's comments though, is him publically calling it out as he has  on the back of yet another dismal showing, and seemingly laying the blame on it for the result.

The pitch didn't stop Rothwell running 30 yards, nor Armstrong latching on and finishing. The pitch wasn't the reason why we gifted yet another goal from a set play. It wasn't the reason why Stoke were the better side.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

TM: “We’re in the middle of winter and the pitch isn’t fine. It’s really, really poor. “So does the team and coach have to find a different way to play? Yeah, I think we’re at that stage."

Watch for us trotting out with rakes, hoes and a steam roller on Tuesday evening

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The state of the pitch is obviously an issue.

What irks me with Mowbray's comments though, is him publically calling it out as he has  on the back of yet another dismal showing, and seemingly laying the blame on it for the result.

The pitch didn't stop Rothwell running 30 yards, nor Armstrong latching on and finishing. The pitch wasn't the reason why we gifted yet another goal from a set play. It wasn't the reason why Stoke were the better side.

And we are more used to the pitch than any of our opposition since we've been training on it for a week or so.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yer its a shocking stat that we've only scored 1 header all season. Gallagher, Johnson, Lenihan, Ayala all big lads who should be getting onto the end of corners and crosses and contributing more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I've started to dislike him for the fact he never accepts responsibility. It's always someone/something else's fault - injuries, the pitch, the ref, the opposition's budget. 

I read an interview with Steve Bruce t'other day were he took all the blame for the teams failings and said he had to do better. You would never hear that from Mowbray. 

Rochdale, who usually haven't got a pot to piss in, had a notoriously poor pitch, always waterlogged etc.  They'd have games cancelled when nobody else in the whole of the league did. Last summer they bit the bullet and really went to town on the pitch. It was completely dug up and everything was replaced, drains, the lot ! Now they're seeing the benefit of it.

If they can do it why can't we ?

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Yer its a shocking stat that we've only scored 1 header all season. Gallagher, Johnson, Lenihan, Ayala all big lads who should be getting onto the end of corners and crosses and contributing more.

Although in fairness Johnson doesn't have the engine to get in the box, Ayala is always injured, Gally is stuck out wide on the touchline and Lenihen is babysitting a midfielder in centre defence. 

Agree it's a shocking stat btw. Just doing a TM and throwing in a load of excuses that actually highlight other failings.