BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

I've had this debate with Chaddy in the Leeds thread. His argument is the owners are interested because they continue to piss the rupee/pound up the wall to bank roll us. If they were interested they would sack TM, appoint Hughton and give him a war chest to get us back to where they took us from. That is the answer? Then they might, just might, start to get some begrudging respect, otherwise fuck off.

• Like 2

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I've had this debate with Chaddy in the Leeds thread. His argument is the owners are interested because they continue to piss the rupee/pound up the wall to bank roll us. If they were interested they would sack TM, appoint Hughton and give him a war chest to get us back to where they took us from. That is the answer? Then they might, just might, start to get some begrudging respect, otherwise fuck off.

It's possible to be "interested" in something but still hopelessly wrong in making decisions about it

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

It's possible to be "interested" in something but still hopelessly wrong in making decisions about it

Forgive my reaction, but fuck me it costs millions to be interested. They are, in my humble opinion, not interested at all! Just saving face.

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white
  • Like 4

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

They must be interested at some level at least to keep funding/spending money on the club. 

Just looked at Leicester owners and what they have done since taking over there. And they have a top manager there and look like top 4 finish this season. 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

They must be interested at some level at least to keep funding/spending money on the club. 

Just looked at Leicester owners and what they have done since taking over there. And they have a top manager there and look like top 4 finish this season. 

Yes, but at what level?

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

A lot of teenagers only know Venkys as Rovers owners.

Poor bastards. :(

A lot of them won’t even have heard of Steve Kean.

Lucky bastards. ?

They have little or now expectation so think the lower Championship is good. Anyone who got to watch Hughes’ Rovers will think differently. Let alone Souness’. (Never mind King Kenny’s!)

I don’t disagree with that but having lived through Kean (and happier times before) I’m not yet calling for Mowbray to go precisely because I don’t trust that it will improve anything... 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

See my post above. Saving face. Nothing else. No interest, other than being told by self-serving employees on lovely money what they want to hear. I'm sick of it, and that's why I don't go. Stale football, stale manager, fucking appalling owners. My club, not theirs. They know nothing. I'll walk from my house to the ground (taking in a number of the pubs still left) when they fuck off!

Just now, Rob1981 said:

I don’t disagree with that but having lived through Kean (and happier times before) I’m not yet calling for Mowbray to go precisely because I don’t trust that it will improve anything... 

Johnson would be an improvement on Mowbray.

• Like 3

• Backroom

We're undoubtedly in a downward spiral under Mowbray right now, and most of us are long in the tooth enough to know these situations don't get better. If he isn't removed soon then I think it's highly likely he'll relegate us to L1 for a second time. 

• Like 3

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Wrong thread but related.

How many games have Venkys watched, including TV live or recorded?? Pathetic.

I can't remember where I read it but a few years back, it was claimed that Venkys watched every game live on tv.

I haven't heard that line being spun for a while now but I doubt they still do (if they ever actually did)

• Like 1

Perhaps I posted this in the wrong thread. Why TM can sod off

Just now, Blue blood said:

Sounds like we got a battering with the result flattering us and protecting TM. Not good. 

Nor is bringing on Evans (a terrible move) and persisting with Bennett and Armstrong. The latter in particular has 1 in 10 good games but is immune to dropping. 

As for TMs comments - honest man he is not. "Leeds didn't have many shots" is a steaming pile.of BS that statisrically is proved to be a lie. Firstly 15 shots is a fair amount in a game and secondly it is almost 4 times, yes 4 times, more than we had. 

Now I am resigned to having poor managers whilst the clowns are.in charge but I do want an honest one. And BS Tony telling blatant lies to Pune is not it. It's Coyle and Bowyer (towards the end) esque and adds another layer of immorality, corruption and shame to a great club that has had far too much of that dumped on it since the shysters rocked up. Do one Tony, you're a crap manager and showing yourself to be a poor human being too. 

• Like 1

Just now, davulsukur said:

The fact that Mowbray still has a job suggests they don't watch any of our games.

Spot on. Money isn't the only indicator of interest and ambition. 

Having no proper  corporate/executive structure, allowing managers to constantly underachieve and put in woeful performances,  presiding over 2 relegations all suggest they don't give a stuff. 

Don't think other than last season they have been great with the money either.