BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Some of you should go and try fishing, it’s a wonderful way of relaxing! Today been out since 625am and caught a bucketful, several decent carp, plenty of bream and roach and the odd hybrid. Got onto the forum for a peak and then got home, tidied my gear, washed the garage doors ready for painting and did the lawns! TM I wrote was testing my patience, you are/he is! If letting CM go allows two incoming then fine, if not you have lost the plot especially after you let Magloire go the Rochdale. You will have to co e out and explain this to the support who are getting angrier by the minute ????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Thought this interview with Mowbray was interesting from today.

Seems like he's going to snap sooner or later...

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/tony-mowbrays-message-supporters-everything-16720353

I massively share much of his frustration about it “not being that easy” and this is exactly how many fans I speak to regularly feel. It’s only here, FB and Twitter, where I seem to find those 1 sentence, three word sweeping arguments like “square pegs” or “plays his favourites” or “won’t sign defenders”.

Its as if some forget how competitive the leagues are, or the recent direction we’re coming from.

Equally - it’s a result business. Up to this point, regardless of squad development, interviews, the brand of Lemon drizzle cake - the results have fit my expectations at least. That may be something certain opinions find it difficult to accept, however many bigger/city teams spent years floundering in the third tier. I’ll be grateful for TM making my return to Oldham only a one night thing.

Having another decent summer of investment ramps up the pressure, the natural progression needs to be top 6.

So I’m still firmly against any idea of sacking him right now, and I wouldn’t be advocating an early change unless we are well short of that target in the first half of the season.

Expectation is a funny thing - Im still open minded about his chances to achieve this. I also think TM is starting to be a victim of his own success, basically ramping up pressure because he’s ticked most boxes thus far.

• Like 2

Just now, Harry The Bass said:

I massively share much of his frustration about it “not being that easy” and this is exactly how many fans I speak to regularly feel. It’s only here, FB and Twitter, where I seem to find those 1 sentence, three word sweeping arguments like “square pegs” or “plays his favourites” or “won’t sign defenders”.

Its as if some forget how competitive the leagues are, or the recent direction we’re coming from.

Equally - it’s a result business. Up to this point, regardless of squad development, interviews, the brand of Lemon drizzle cake - the results have fit my expectations at least. That may be something certain opinions find it difficult to accept, however many bigger/city teams spent years floundering in the third tier. I’ll be grateful for TM making my return to Oldham only a one night thing.

Having another decent summer of investment ramps up the pressure, the natural progression needs to be top 6.

So I’m still firmly against any idea of sacking him right now, and I wouldn’t be advocating an early change unless we are well short of that target in the first half of the season.

Expectation is a funny thing - Im still open minded about his chances to achieve this. I also think TM is starting to be a victim of his own success, basically ramping up pressure because he’s ticked most boxes thus far.

Spot on. I'm 100% in agreement with this point of view. Other than BRFCS I hear no serious criticism of the club or Mowbray. I don't do Twitter or FB can groups.

I'm sure Venkys see the potential for future recruitment.

Sunderland, Ipswich, Coventry, MK Dons (Wimbledon), Bolton, Portsmouth. All been big names in my lifetime and now make up 25% of League 1.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 3

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I heard no criticism of Mowbray last season at Ewood, when there was plenty on here.

I do sense some discontent now though. Around the bottom 6 by November time and he will be receiving plenty at the ground:

And rightly so. As I said, he’s ramped up the expectation through basic success. I bet (last season) the crowd wouldn’t have reacted the same, but you can guarantee (in your scenario) there would be unrest - maybe even bottom 10 MB

We can recover from bad starts but i don't think there'll be any fairy tales this season it'll be a long hard slog with the excuses rolling thick and fast.

Mowbray has form for wheels coming off after a decent season or two and its been clear why for a while not just two games this season.

Very poor planning to go along with the tepid tactics and tombola selections we've become used to.

Edited by tomphil