BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

I know lads in the construction industry and lorry drivers who get up at 4.30 am and are away from their families more than this mon. He works an hour and a half away from his mansion and can probably kip in nice hotels or a rented property. He can knock off early odd days if he wants seeing as they only train for a few hours. 

Stick your sob story up your backside !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

I don't doubt Mowbray is feeling the heat. He knows he is under pressure from the fans and probably feels under pressure from Venkys. That, of course, doesn't mean that they themselves are planning on getting rid of him. We all know these people don't understand football and attach a great deal to nice people who they trust. In the past the club and results have come 2nd to that.

So this is Mowbray feeling the pressure but it will probably require approval from Madame for him to be potted and as Kean sussed out if she likes you then you're as safe as houses.

If Mowbray expects fans to be happy with less than 40% possession at home to the bottom club, constantly conceding at 2 per game or having barely any attempts on goal he's got a strange view on things.

Results are all that matters but anyone who watches football regularly knows there are big problems here and it would be negligent for him or the team to pretend otherwise and delusional for supporters to believe otherwise.

• Like 2

Stuart made an  interesting point in the last 3 managers hired all had promotion from this league on their CVs so one would expect that's part of the criteria going forward.

So, could be Warnock, Hughton or Pearson....but will probably be Malky Mackay, Nigel Adkins or Coyle again.

Edited by LDRover

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

First snipe at the fans. He has some brass neck, he’s been here almost 3 years with zero dissent pre Saturday. He’d have had it far earlier elsewhere..

“I felt, as a manager you shouldn’t criticise fans, but I felt the team needed support not anxiety.

“I built the expectation this year that I wanted to get to the top six and push on.

“The fact we’re falling short, maybe that’s where it came from. They deserve support, I think they’re giving everything they’ve got every week.

“There’s a lot of young footballers in there who all want to be in the Premier League one day.

“I think they all deserve support and thankfully we won.

“I know there’s a lot of people who support Blackburn Rovers through thick and thin.

“Maybe it was a bit of frustration from the terraces.”

Asked if he felt a second successive victory on home soil would lift some of the anxiety, he added: “I doubt it.

But probably more interestingly a hint that a resignation may happen...

Otherwise it’s going to be my fault every time we lose a game, I think. I don’t want to be a burden on this football club.

“I came here to Blackburn Rovers, because I love football, and this is a historic club and I won’t be a burden on the club.

“If it isn’t going well, I don’t need to get booed out, I’m a proud working-class man from the north-east and I’ve put a lot into the job.

“I’ve talked a lot about family and living away from them and what you give to a team by doing that and I think that’s why I still see a team that are still fighting until the final whistle, because they know that their gaffer is giving them everything he’s got.”

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/quicktest/18057490.mowbray-can-feel-anxiety-disenchantment-rovers-fans/

The anxiety came from Barnsley getting on top and us not defending properly and them cutting us open through the centre midfield area with Holtby wondering around and leaving Travis exposed. 

I was shouting at the players and Mowbray to sort it out. cos performance wise it wasn't good enough but we win. 

Like I said on Saturday night after the game I felt that if we lost to Barnsley at home he would have walked away and decide he cant take us further as a club. Look at him when it was 2-2 he just looked like he knew it was time to go. 

I think Mowbray has been great for this club and rebuilt a club that was rock bottom after Coyle being here in terms of fanbase and fans enjoying the football again. For me, Best manager since Mark Hughes days in my opinion

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

First off every club at this level should aim for the top 6. Being in or close to the top 6 of this division is not an achievement. Getting promoted is.

I think that isn't side and unrealistic for nearly half of the clubs at this level

2 hours ago, unsall said:

Wether you want to stick with TM or get rid,some of the abuse aimed at him is pathetic, whatever people think,he has done a very good job and deserves respect, like he says says, if folk want him out he will walk. 

The problem is the replacement, with the owners we have,they expect the manager to go to Pune twice a year, not sure some of the names banded about would do that. If results do not go to plan I hope he doesn’t get bombed out by the supporters but walks himself, heard on the grapevine that Gareth Ainsworth would jump at the chance and he would be my choice, young and hungry and would probably fit into the Venkys way. 

Still hope we win Wednesday and every game, not like some so called supporters hoping we lose just to get rid of him.

I want a change of manager but I don't want lose football matches or watch poor performances. 

I would imagine Gareth Ainsworth would jump to manage this club and the great facilities we have here. 

I deffo want to win on Wednesday

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

Mowbrays comments might be laying the ground work for resigning before he's fired, I still think he went to Pune in October to get more time and take the heat off himself. He's talked us up this season so i'd expect he's done the same with the owners they might be putting the pressure on hence putting this out there then walking rather than being fired. He can then look for a mid table league two club and start his whole working class man mantra again

I agree Pete. The next 2 games will decide his future whether he walks away or not. If we performance badly in the next 2 games then I think he will walk away. 

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Gareth Ainsworth currently has Wycombe top of league 1. He would still leave that position to come here? With the basket case that is Rovers?

Yes He is a Blackburn lad and he is Blackburn Rovers fan. Plus look at the great facilities he would have to work with here including a good playing squad that just need am couple of signings

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

I don't particularly relish the thought of losing Mowbray but I think it would be best for all parties if he walked now. Clearly the link is broken with the fans and once that has gone managers don't usually stand a chance.

It felt very toxic on Saturday and almost ready for fans to turn on Mowbray which is a great shame. 

49 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

He's paid Millions to get results...I would give my left bollock to have a crack at that.

You fail? Your still laughing all the way to the Bank.The only profession I know of were this is possible.

Like I say NO Tears.

You really think Mowbray is paid millions of pounds a season?

Just now, LDRover said:

Stuart made a  interesting point in the last 3 managers hired all had promotion on their CVs so one would expect that's part of the criteria going forward.

So, could be Warnock, Hughton or Pearson....but will probably be Malky Mackay, Nigel Adkins or Coyle again.

Yes. It is clear that since Bowyer went and Pasha started emerging from the shadows more that there has been a pattern in management appointments. They've all been promoted to the Premier League in the last decade. Not just Lambert, Coyle and Mowbray but also strong links to Warnock, Jokanovic, Adkins and Holloway too.

It isnt a bad policy to follow. Experience and past success are good things to seek particularly after Kean, Berg and Appleton, but it is quite naive to just assume appointing an ex promotion winner will see similar happen here.

So if we follow this policy who do we have available right now?

Holloway, Adkins, McDermott, Warnock, Mackay, Hughton, Karanka, Keane, Billy Davies, Di Matteo, McLeish, Pulis, Pearson, Redknapp. 

As far as I can think the rest of them are currently employed elsewhere.

Realistically out of those Hughton, Karanka and Di Matteo would probably be too expensive for these owners. Warnock and Redknapp likely retired. Pearson and Keane are nutters who wouldnt work for Venkys.

So I'd expect Mackay, Adkins, Holloway, McLeish. Billy Davies looks good in comparison, though not worked for 5 years so something not right there.

Not great really.

• Like 2

A very anxious time.....again!

Well, from his own comments, it certainly looks like TM is nearing the end.

Which of us has any confidence that the owners will recruit a proper manager to take the team forward?

Expecting the Cairney, Hanley, Duffy scenario soon. Maybe, TM is as well.

I am so sick of the way this club is being run.

• Like 6

Just now, JHRover said:

Holloway, Adkins, McDermott, Warnock, Mackay, Hughton, Karanka, Keane, Billy Davies, Di Matteo, McLeish, Pulis, Pearson, Redknapp.

Nigel Warnock, Chris Hughton, Roy Keane, Billy Davies, Harry Redknapp, Tony Pulis aren't coming here. 

Massive No to Brian McDermott, Malky Mackay, Alex McLeish, Roberto Di Matteo

so that's leaves 

Nigel Adkins, Ian Holloway, Aitor Karanka and Nigel Pearson. Add names like Gareth Ainsworth, Damien Johnson, possibly add Uwe Rosler and Carlos Carvanhl to that that shortlist

Edited by chaddyrovers

I’ve been twitter grabbed for a second time.:D

Think our former member is confusing a fairly sustained negative view of Mowbray on brfcs with the wholly positive one he’s experienced at Ewood for nearly 3 years, despite a very poor 2019.

As I said, the tide would’ve turned much quicker at other clubs.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Nigel Warnock, Chris Hughton, Roy Keane, Billy Davies, Harry Redknapp, Tony Pulis aren't coming here. 

Massive No to Brian McDermott, Malky Mackay, Alex McLeish, Roberto Di Matteo

so that's leaves 

Nigel Adkins, Ian Holloway, Aitor Karanka and Nigel Pearson. Add names like Gareth Ainsworth, Damien Johnson, possibly add Uwe Rosler and Carlos Carvanhl to that that shortlist

Davies' agent went public that he wanted the job before Coyle got it. So I'm not sure he'd be against the idea although not sure if he's bothered about management now or what his situation is. As I say strange that a manager with his record has been unemployed for 5 years.

Why would you be against Di Matteo? Ex promotion and Champions League/FA Cup winner.

Think Karanka is less likely than most. He fell out with people at Middlesbrough and has always spent heavily. 

Can't see us paying compo for anyone so forget luring Malmo's manager here.

Strange comments from Mowbray, who suffered a bit of Mowbray sort it out. The problem is he is believing that the anxiety and angst from the crowd is at the players. It's not. It's at the lineups and tactics which he keeps employing.

Is there anybody on here who wouldn't have reverted to starting Danny Graham by now? Is there anyone that would pick Armstrong as a lone striker? He is stubbornly trying to prove he is right with his team selections and favouritism at the cost of non-performances and points.  

Defenders should have been coming for 5 transfer windows but we have failed to adequately recruit in that area. He is continuing to make the same mistakes time and time again. 

To have a pop at the fans for daring to get anxious having been played off the pitch by Barnsley is only going to inflame the situation.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes. It is clear that since Bowyer went and Pasha started emerging from the shadows more that there has been a pattern in management appointments. They've all been promoted to the Premier League in the last decade. Not just Lambert, Coyle and Mowbray but also strong links to Warnock, Jokanovic, Adkins and Holloway too.

It isnt a bad policy to follow. Experience and past success are good things to seek particularly after Kean, Berg and Appleton, but it is quite naive to just assume appointing an ex promotion winner will see similar happen here.

So if we follow this policy who do we have available right now?

As far as I can think the rest of them are currently employed elsewhere.

Realistically out of those Hughton, Karanka and Di Matteo would probably be too expensive for these owners. Warnock and Redknapp likely retired. Pearson and Keane are nutters who wouldnt work for Venkys.

So I'd expect Mackay, Adkins, Holloway, McLeish. Billy Davies looks good in comparison, though not worked for 5 years so something not right there.

Not great really.

What about that ex-Hudds manager, Jockanovic or something.

Just now, Hasta said:

Is there anybody on here who wouldn't have reverted to starting Danny Graham by now? Is there anyone that would pick Armstrong as a lone striker? 

Is he allowed? Have to assume having shelled out £14 million Venkys will want to see Brereton, Gallagher and Armstrong at least maintaining some sort of value, whereas Graham at his age will have very little from a financial perspective.

Just now, JHRover said:

Is he allowed? Have to assume having shelled out £14 million Venkys will want to see Brereton, Gallagher and Armstrong at least maintaining some sort of value, whereas Graham at his age will have very little from a financial perspective.

Agree. 

Hence crowd anxiety at poor performances and team selections.

The reception Graham got when he got off the bench warming up told everyone what the majority of the crowds thoughts on this are.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

The Blackburn End chanting 'Mowbray sort it out' made me chuckle. It's because he can't sort it out that we are in this position.

He seems to be a little sensitive over what really was a tame reaction when quite easily the heat could have been turned up. After forty years in the game he should know how fans react to a succession of poor performances and results.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead

I don’t think there has been anything personal, certainly not abuse, either. 
If he played players in the right position and stopped making silly decisions, then fans would feel more confident and less anxious. 
The anxiety comes from knowing what we are like. Only he can alleviate that by making us harder to beat.

• Like 7