BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I felt like he was ready to walk on Saturday until we won the game. I would be absolutely staggered if Mowbray 'walked'.

I agree that Mowbray has had huge positive effect on our club and bought the fans back to the clubI think you are wrong.  Think you will find our average attendance in the Championship for the four seasons prior to Mowbray's arrival was circa 14,800.  In Mowbray's full seasons, he has averaged 12,200, 14,600 and this season it's fallen to 13,600.  Unless the information I've seen is wrong, attendances have fallen under Mowbray.

Mowbray really does care about the fans, players and staff here.  That is your opinion.  My opinion is that is an exaggeration.  Paul Mani said above "High morals and principles. Enough to walk away from his contract if necessary" - well I wont be holding my breath.

I think Johnson would take over as head coach with Venus as sporting Director. Venus has been kind of job for the past few months anyway.  Just why oh why would you want Venus in such a role?  IMO, he's very much part of the problem.  I seem to recall at Blues in Feb., Mowbray said Venus played a big part in identifying players he brought into football clubs and mentioned a couple of signings at WBA - I will say three things, Armstrong, Brereton, Gallagher.....................

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

would be absolutely staggered if Mowbray 'walked'.

I think you are wrong.  Think you will find our average attendance in theChampionship for the four seasons prior to Mowbray'sarrival was circa 14,800.  In Mowbray's full seasons, hehas averaged 12,200, 14,600 and this season it's fallen to 13,600.  Unless the information I've seen is wrong,attendances have fallen under Mowbray.

Well thats opinion. And my opinion is different and I agree with Mani. Having seen Mowbray on the touchline and his reaction make me think he was close to resigning. 

When I said he bought the fans back to the club, i wasnt just talking about attendances but making fans feel part of the club again after Coyle time here and fans and players/manager closer. When Coyle was here it was a morgue and awful to attend games. 

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Just why oh why would you want Venus in such a role?  IMO, he's very much part of the problem.  I seem to recall at Blues in Feb., Mowbray said Venus played a big part in identifying players he brought into football clubs and mentioned a couple of signings at WBA - I will say three things, Armstrong, Brereton, Gallagher.....................

You dont know if Venus was part of the signing of Brereton. Mowbray knew Armstrong from his Coventry days and Gallagher from his previous time here. 

Ive posted what I think will happen if/when Mowbray goes. Its an opinion. I think Damien Johnson will take over as head coach. Me and some other posters on here think he is right person to take over

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Ive posted what I think will happen if/when Mowbray goes. Its an opinion. I think Damien Johnson will take over as head coach. Me and some other posters on here think he is right person to take over

Based on what?

29 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Paul Senior appointed Tony and his body has never been found.

Did he really though ?   It's not what i heard but you never know.

I think his sole purpose was just deflection he was hired a bit like Singh to get rid of Coyle and maybe absorb the blame for not spending in that window. Just another Venky window dressing exercise, he got a few quid out of it and got his man Jao a gig for a bit.  Then his head rolled when the drop was confirmed.

More smoke and mirrors i'd be surprised if he had anything to do with appointing Mowbray imo he arrived via the usual avenues well away from Ewood. They'd have kept Senior around if TM had been his man, for a while at least.

10 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Don’t think you read my post properly, where did I say go wanting the opposition to win, can let feelings know without losing. Think you read it how you wanted to react to be honest 

The logical extension of what you are saying is that by creating fan displeasure at the game creates a toxic atmosphere where players and management will feel inhibited  and be less likely to perform to their best. Thereby increasing the chance of defeat. An outcome you appear to accept.

Listening to his comments Mowbray will not be a burden to this club and he will leave if he feels he has lost the players and fans.

• Like 1

Venkys don't sack managers lightly.

Kean was safe and secure and was able to determine his own departure date whilst Singh got a lot of the media attention and flak for it.

Berg and Appleton weren't Venky appointments, didn't get chance to get their feet under the table and were removed by Singh/Agnew.

Bowyer was safe for over 2 years until someone decided that Pasha was going to take a hands on involvement in the operation and he got shut of Bowyer.

Lambert walked of his own accord.

Coyle lasted months and months through relegation form and it was only after mysterious Senior arrived that he was fired.

The head honchos in India don't get their hands dirty with such things. I doubt they even know where we are in the table and none of the minions are going to risk their own positions in suggesting the manager should be sacked.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, JHRover said:

Davies' agent went public that he wanted the job before Coyle got it. So I'm not sure he'd be against the idea although not sure if he's bothered about management now or what his situation is. As I say strange that a manager with his record has been unemployed for 5 years.

He has a reputation similar to that of George Burley, if you know what I mean?

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He has a reputation similar to that of George Burley, if you know what I mean?

I don't. What I do know from a PNE supporting mate of mine is that Davies should be nowhere near a football club.

As to Mowbray I think that he'll be here as long as he wants to be. If he does go who knows who Venkys will bring in. Probably not the next Mourinho. There are concerns about him. He hasn't figured out how to set up a defence which is weird for an ex defender. His teams don't seem fit enough, which is down to his staff. Do these warrant potting him? I'd say no. Yet as a club Rovers are a bit zombie like thanks to Venkys.

This site always leans toward the pessimistic. The majority wanted Allardyce gone so it's no surprise that the knives are out for Mowbray.

50 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I don't. What I do know from a PNE supporting mate of mine is that Davies should be nowhere near a football club.

As to Mowbray I think that he'll be here as long as he wants to be. If he does go who knows who Venkys will bring in. Probably not the next Mourinho. There are concerns about him. He hasn't figured out how to set up a defence which is weird for an ex defender. His teams don't seem fit enough, which is down to his staff. Do these warrant potting him? I'd say no. Yet as a club Rovers are a bit zombie like thanks to Venkys.

This site always leans toward the pessimistic. The majority wanted Allardyce gone so it's no surprise that the knives are out for Mowbray.

He's not a newbie manager, so if he hasn't worked out how to set up a defence by now, (which he hasn't), he never will.

The coaching staff working under him are his responsibility.

I agree that another poor appointment will almost certainly follow his eventual departure, so we're damned either way.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, martonrover said:

He's not a newbie manager, so if he hasn't worked out how to set up a defence by now, (which he hasn't), he never will.

The coaching staff working under him are his responsibility.

I agree that another poor appointment will almost certainly follow his eventual departure, so we're damned either way.

Yep, the dice should only be rolled in the worst case scenario when it's clear the manager is taking us backwards rather than forwards. Imo we've reached that point with TM and his safety blanket of they will appoint worse is deminishing by the day. 

• Like 1

The following six games take us to Christmas. Two Q's to answer in your own opinion:

1) How many points do we get out of a possible 18?
2) Which game does Tony Mowbray last until?

Brentford (H) - 0pts
Stoke City (A) - 1pt
Derby County (H) - 3pts
Swansea City (A) - 0pts
Bristol City (A) - 0pts
Wigan Athletic (H) - 3pts

I've put my predictions alongside the fixtures. 

Edited by JoeH

7 hours ago, JoeH said:

The following six games take us to Christmas. Two Q's to answer in your own opinion:

Brentford (H) - 0pts
Stoke City (A) - 1pt
Derby County (H) - 3pts
Swansea City (A) - 0pts
Bristol City (A) - 0pts

10 points

Luton away

7 hours ago, JoeH said:

Brentford (H) - 0pts
Stoke City (A) - 1pt
Derby County (H) - 3pts
Swansea City (A) - 0pts
Bristol City (A) - 0pts

7 points, possibly eight and Mowbray will be here until well into next season - or when his contract ends in 2022.

Edited by Parsonblue