BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

• Moderation Lead
21 minutes ago, Amo said:

Come on Khod, you've been on here long enough to know that people from the club monitor this site and take an active interest in what gets posted.

Yeah of course they do, but I doubt they’re posters on the site as well...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Why do posters still come out with guff like ‘agendas’.

Different opinions on managers, executives, players, of course. But name and shame posters who’s ‘agenda’ isn’t  wanting the best for the club...

I honestly believe some on here are so far down the anti-Mowbray rabbit hole that success would be uncomfortable for them. A handful, but I believe it to be the case. I won't name them because there is no point. It would just cause needless arguing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Don’t chuck a hand grenade in by throwing accusations around that posters have ‘agendas’ that want the club to fail but refuse to back it up.

Stop being silly. I can have an opinion without naming names. 

I wouldn't go as far as an "agenda" anyway. More that they have painted themselves into a corner and acknowledging success would mean a lot of back tracking. Some posters contribution amounts to a few lines here and there complaining. I have no idea what they would post about if things went well and we got promoted. More than likely onto critisizing the manager for us not being prepared for the Premier league. 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Stop being silly. I can have an opinion without naming names. 

I wouldn't go as far as an "agenda" anyway. More that they have painted themselves into a corner and acknowledging success would mean a lot of back tracking. Some posters contribution amounts to a few lines here and there complaining. I have no idea what they would post about if things went well and we got promoted. More than likely onto critisizing the manager for us not being prepared for the Premier league. 

So they don’t have agendas wanting the club to fail? Just don’t like being wrong?

Well that’s just forums, look at some folk on the other side of the argument, they ‘can’t be bothered’ debating anymore when proven to be talking tripe.

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Do you think it is ok to name other posters and say they are posting on behalf of the club - with nothing to back it up.

They’ve said it, you’ve rebutted it. What’s the problem? 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

So they don’t have agendas wanting the club to fail? Just don’t like being wrong?

Well that’s just forums, look at some folk on the other side of the argument, they ‘can’t be bothered’ debating anymore when proven to be talking tripe.

Two problems - nothing to back it up - and totally false about me. Are you saying people can post lies about other posters on the grounds that they can rebut ? Surely lies should not be tolerated full stop.

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Who would you be talking about there now I wonder ?

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

‘I suspect they are connected to the club’

have an idea or impression of the existence, presence, or truth of (something) without certain proof.

To be fair Mashed potato and another poster ,whose name escapes me, were accused of being moles for the club. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I honestly believe some on here are so far down the anti-Mowbray rabbit hole that success would be uncomfortable for them. A handful, but I believe it to be the case. I won't name them because there is no point. It would just cause needless arguing. 

Define "success?"

The only tangible success for this club is promotion or winning a trophy. If we fail to accomplish those things it isn't necessarily a failure, but it's not a success either. Come next summer, the table is reset and we have to start again. When Bowyer was here, people kept making the same excuses for him as they do with Mowbray. We're always one transfer window away from everything clicking but tomorrow never comes. All it takes is for Venky's to call in the debts, sell off our playing assets again, and we're looking at League One football.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Amo said:

Define "success?"

The only tangible success for this club is promotion or winning a trophy. If we fail to accomplish those things it isn't necessarily a failure, but it's not a success either. Come next summer, the table is reset and we have to start again. When Bowyer was here, people kept making the same excuses for him as they do with Mowbray. We're always one transfer window away from everything clicking but tomorrow never comes. All it takes is for Venky's to call in the debts, sell off our playing assets again, and we're looking at League One football.  

Getting into the play-offs would be success(particularly when you take Dacks injury into account). Being promoted would be even better

I don't see anyone saying we are a transfer window away from things clicking. I think you are exaggerating about people blindly defending Mowbray no matter what. There are 1or 2, but most are fairly balanced I would say. 

A new manager wouldn't mean we would be proofed against any of the threats you mention. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

46 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Getting into the play-offs would be success(particularly when you take Dacks injury into account). Being promoted would be even better

Getting into the play offs would be progress, winning them would be success.

Losing play off semi finalists/finalists don't count that season as a successful one.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't see anyone saying we are a transfer window away from things clicking. I think you are exaggerating about people blindly defending Mowbray no matter what. There are 1or 2, but most are fairly balanced I would say. 

A new manager wouldn't mean we would be proofed against any of the threats you mention. 

Promotion is the yardstick for success. Losing the playoffs doesn't leave us any better off.

Whatever dude. Just wait for the summer transfer thread when everyone's speculating about "all we need" to become promotion contenders. Same thing with the Bowyerites. Too much blind optimism and wishful thinking when it was obvious he couldn't take us any further.

Would a new manager have wasted £12m on two crap strikers, made short-term defensive signings, and dropped too many points against piddly teams? Maybe, maybe not but there's no denying Mowbray has. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Amo said:

Promotion is the yardstick for success. Losing the playoffs doesn't leave us any better off.

Whatever dude. Just wait for the summer transfer thread when everyone's speculating about "all we need" to become promotion contenders. Same thing with the Bowyerites. Too much blind optimism and wishful thinking when it was obvious he couldn't take us any further.

Would a new manager have wasted £12m on two crap strikers, made short-term defensive signings, and dropped too many points against piddly teams? Maybe, maybe not but there's no denying Mowbray has. 

Ya and would they get us this close to the play offs? No guarantees. 

Clearly getting to the play offs would be success. I am sure if I asked you that at the begining of the season ,you would have agreed. 

"Whatever dude" ?

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

On the coach back from play off defeat. Gutted. Half the bus in tears.

’What a successful season’, I’ll see what the reaction is.

No,obviously straight after the game people wouldn't look at it like that. It all depends on when the question is asked. Would it have been seen as success before the season started? Have a look in the prediction thread and let me know what you think.