Jump to content
Neal

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, roversfan99 said:

That sums Mowbray up. Flirts with a formation but doesnt stick with it and goes back. How is that condusive to overhauling the tactical mechanism of a side? I dont think in any way that we have successfully started to dominate games in a way that also leads to us getting results. I also find only changing to 433 false 9 with 9 games to go totally bizarre. If thats the plan, start the season like that! And dont sign a lanky, clumsy 5m striker!

Rothwell? Does any formation and style suit a player who offers absolutely zero end product? He looked even less effective in a midfield 3.

What are the parameters you set? Is it as simple as less than 60 is regression, 60 is stability/stagnation and over 60 is progression? Ultimately the season is over either way so all these last 5 games are doing is putting a positive or negative edge on it.

like I said asked me at the end of the season about whether the season has been progression or not when we know the final league position and points total. 

Rothwell hasnt performed this season as much as I would expected but his confidence hasnt been there all season. There is a player there I feel he need to play the rest of season and get his form and confidence back. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not top priority? That would be a pathetic excuse even for them. We are a Championship football club and if we arent even worth a couple of hours for a chat online telling Mowbray how much he can spend then they really are worse than I could even imagine.

All depends what is going on over in Pune regarding the coronavirus. We dont know what going on over there. 

They will be focusing more of their time on the core businesses and their share price which has taken a major hit since this coronavirus started. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=venkys+share+price&rlz=1C1RUCY_enGB745GB745&oq=venkys+share+&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l6.8490j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Maybe they told Mowbray and Waggott that discussions will happened at the end of the season when finial position and points is know. I don't know. Lets see what they reported from Lancs Live and LT articles tomorrow 

They still taking an interest in Rovers and their holding company otherwise they would put more money into Venkys London Limited on 2nd June

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07406020/filing-history

 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The much fabled overseas scouting network, I do fear that you are going to be disappointed by it's results Chaddy. Or rather a lack of results.

We see by end of the October wont we

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

All depends what is going on over in Pune regarding the coronavirus. We dont know what going on over there. 

They will be focusing more of their time on the core businesses and their share price which has taken a major hit since this coronavirus started. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=venkys+share+price&rlz=1C1RUCY_enGB745GB745&oq=venkys+share+&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l6.8490j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Maybe they told Mowbray and Waggott that discussions will happened at the end of the season when finial position and points is know. I don't know. Lets see what they reported from Lancs Live and LT articles tomorrow 

They still taking an interest in Rovers and their holding company otherwise they would put more money into Venkys London Limited on 2nd June

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07406020/filing-history

 

If we are so far down their list of priorities that they can't even find the time in their diaries to hold a conference call to allocate budgets for next year then they simply have to go.

If they have so little interest that we have to wait months for any communication then we need new owners.

We aren't a video game that can go.in the drawer for a few months until they have the time to play with it. We are a multi million pound professional football club in one of the most competitive leagues in the world. 

I very much doubt a recent injection of shares represents them taking any interest. Rather I suspect it is essential equity to enable the bills to be paid and will have attracted minimal attention from the top dogs in India. 

I appreciate there are many issues for them to deal with and their.core business needs looking at but I can't believe the efforts some go to in order to try and normalise what is unacceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The much fabled overseas scouting network, I do fear that you are going to be disappointed by it's results Chaddy. Or rather a lack of results.

I think so too!

My money is on us signing  a French Brereton, a Spanish Gallagher and an Italian Walton!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

my opinion hasnt change since the last time I was asked by mercer yesterday. 

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34120-tony-mowbray-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=2075244 

So you believe that there are more positives than negatives about Mowbray’s time at the club.

How about just his Championship games. Still the same opinion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All he's papping on about there really is if there'll be enough to retain his favs.

Only concern i'd have is Downing if he wants Smallwood and Samuel then tell him to pay for them they've had enough out of the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do any roads for Brereton and Gallagher lead that way i wonder ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the eventual honesty over budgets proves that we couldn’t go for that Scottish GK who TM was desperate to get. I think we’ll be in a right mess for the new season, personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stuart said:

So you believe that there are more positives than negatives about Mowbray’s time at the club.

How about just his Championship games. Still the same opinion?

Haven't we been over this Stuart before? Why don't you accept that other posters have a different view of Mowbray and the job he has done then yourself. Are you going to accept it? 

46 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Do any roads for Brereton and Gallagher lead that way i wonder ?

Do you mean agents? 

If so, Gallagher's agent is crown football and Brereton's agent is Wasserman 

Here is a list of Rovers player's agent

https://www.transfermarkt.com.hr/blackburn-rovers/berateruebersicht/verein/164

Edited by chaddyrovers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brereton's agent is Wasserman 

Formerly, Key Sports Management Ltd, who were bought out by Wasserman.

Chapman and Downing are with the same agency.

Edited by Amo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Seems to me like he's admitting he's absolutely F***** up. Potentially having no budget to sign a goalkeeper or defender when he spent £12m on two awful players. 

People need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am more worried about this being the perfect time and excuse for Venky's to put us into administration without losing any face.

You can easily spin it and get lots of positive press in India by saying they have put us into administration to invest the £15m a year on Indian healthcare projects during this extremely difficult time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, phili said:

I am more worried about this being the perfect time and excuse for Venky's to put us into administration without losing any face.

You can easily spin it and get lots of positive press in India by saying they have put us into administration to invest the £15m a year on Indian healthcare projects during this extremely difficult time.

Out of everything Venkys have done here in the past decade, that would surprise me the most.

I just can't see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The fact that hes totally in the dark about the budget to the extent that he doesnt even know when he will found out really shows how disinterested our twattish owners are.

But hey, lets be grateful that we havent gone into administration!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“I would prefer to control the game, my teams over 20 years have mainly controlled games, yet at this club we didn’t have the players, in my opinion, to control football matches so we had to find a way of trying to win to get out of the trouble that we were in."

So by your logic Tone, you've been here for 17.5% of your career and in that time you've had SIX transfer windows. Yet we don't have good enough players and lose 3 on the spin playing your "controlled football". Turn that pointed finger around mate.

Shit like this should be you signing your own P45... if anyone in the club was listening/not your best mate. Which they're not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JHRover said:

If we are so far down their list of priorities that they can't even find the time in their diaries to hold a conference call to allocate budgets for next year then they simply have to go.

If they have so little interest that we have to wait months for any communication then we need new owners.

We aren't a video game that can go.in the drawer for a few months until they have the time to play with it. We are a multi million pound professional football club in one of the most competitive leagues in the world. 

I very much doubt a recent injection of shares represents them taking any interest. Rather I suspect it is essential equity to enable the bills to be paid and will have attracted minimal attention from the top dogs in India. 

I appreciate there are many issues for them to deal with and their.core business needs looking at but I can't believe the efforts some go to in order to try and normalise what is unacceptable.


Absolutely spot on.

Sadly there is large portion of our fan base who thing we should just be pathetically grateful they haven’t decided to wind the club up yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:


Absolutely spot on.

Sadly there is large portion of our fan base who thing we should just be pathetically grateful they haven’t decided to wind the club up yet.

I don't remember seeing anyone on here "pathetically grateful" but,unless they wrote off the huge debt owed to them, without them the club ceases to exist. Get in touch with Bury fans to see how that feels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not on here, but plenty in ‘real life’, that’s east Lancs, not Surrey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't remember seeing anyone on here "pathetically grateful" but,unless they wrote off the huge debt owed to them, without them the club ceases to exist. .

That doesn't make sense.  How can the club owe them money when they own the club?  Its called investment,  good or poor, and in their case its been very poor from day 1. They ain't getting their money back unless we get promoted, thats why they are still here. 

Nobody would buy the club at the purchase price they would need to cover their bad investments,  so they will have to concede defeat at some point if we stay in this division or worse.

If they put it into administration they still wont get their money and someone will buy it for a song.  Are Chelsea in debt to Abramovich?

Bury is a bad example as they owed the tax man and the banks.

Edited by Sparks Rover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bury is a silly example but that desperado will chuck any name out to defend Venkys and Mowbray.

Sadly for them they've always been a tiny club for probably 50 years or more they just can't get fans in. The people of Bury by and large just don't care about them that's the awful truth.  Plenty in Blackburn DO care about Rovers though some are far too easily put off whilst a lot of others can see and smell bullshit at a thousand paces.  There's been and continues to be far too much of that hence why some just don't take Rovers seriously anymore.

THat probably doesn't transmit itself to leafy Surrey where the righteous sit and bemoan a load of northern ingrates from the comfort of their favourite armchair.....every Saturday afternoon !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rothwell hasnt performed this season as much as I would expected but his confidence hasnt been there all season. There is a player there I feel he need to play the rest of season and get his form and confidence back. 

 

Could happen under a different manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.