BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

34 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Regarding Brererton, what would you say his natural position was ?

I'd personally say someone who plays off the front, he's certainly not a leader of the line from what I have seen of him.

All his clips we saw prior to him signing was of him picking up the ball a bit deeper and running at players.

13 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'd personally say someone who plays off the front, he's certainly not a leader of the line from what I have seen of him.

All his clips we saw prior to him signing was of him picking up the ball a bit deeper and running at players.

Well we found out he's not a winger and he's not a centre forward. I wonder what he's like in goal ?

Time to go Tony.

Your tactics get more and more bizarre as the games go by. Chasing a game with no striker might make sense in your head but not in reality. False 9s, wide strikers, 2 number 10s, all bizarre ecperiments.

We havent made progress. 60 points last year. At this rate 60 this year. And the main difference is replacing a centre back who kept being responsible for goals leave and loaning one in. So that problem is back again in 2 games. 10 points in 11 games. 12m spent on shite. That clown back captaining us.Thanks for the promotion and the stability but you cant take us forward.

• Like 7

Lets have it right before the bullets start flying from the usual angles, nobody is either expecting or demanding the play offs. It's not the defeats or the fact we've fallen short but the manor of it the Wigan, Barnsley & that tonight were dire efforts really.  Going out to contain teams and just pray something falls your way that's the tactics.  That's 3 awful spineless efforts out of the last 5 or 6 and that reflects itself throughout the season punctuated by the odd spectacular winning run.

When we go on those we aren't setting the bar or turning any corners we are just overachieving briefly.  What we see tonight is what we are and we'll continue to be. Those little periods lift us to where we end up, without them it would be very serious.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 9

I do worry that TM after reaching expectations (if in an awkward manner and with £7 million wasted) the last 2 seasons may start taking us backwards. 

For starters the squad looks worse at the end of this season then at the end of the first transfer window after promotion. Sure a few youngsters have come through but in terms of buys and holes in the squad we are looking at being no further on. 

• Like 1

How much of an easy time does he get from journalists too? Just for my sins listened to his Radio Lancashire interview. No questions about the tactical horror show, the constant lack of clean sheets, 2 shots on target, the lack of a striker in the second half, the weird new formation. Spit off a few cliches, and on you go. 

• Like 6

We are scared to ask for better, that goes to both local journalists and other fans from what I'm hearing. Understandable considering the damage Venky's caused, however, it now means we're forced to be content with mediocrity. It's not where Blackburn Rovers should be but it is where we deserve to be under the current ownership and management. No ambition.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I'm seriously reconsidering getting a season ticket next season... 

To watch this tripe.. really?? 

His whole approach is so Mediocre, we need a forward thinker and he isn't one! 

The club needs to sell them to be able to buy one. 

We could have 20,000 folk queuing down Nuttall St for a season ticket for next year and they wouldn't take the money.

Idiots.

• Like 1

Another thing, going into next season you would say only Lenihan, Nyambe, (maybe) Evans, Travis, Armstrong and Dack are first teamers. Only the latter 2 are Mowbray signings. To have only 2 of your own signings in your team, 20m and 3 years down the line is piss poor. The only player that has advanced the team post promotion has been Armstrong who was already here on loan. Its not progression, its not good enough. No one could guess the formation either.

• Like 3

'Tony you've mentioned in the past about the signings of Brereton & Gallagher and a different playing style possibility planning for a future without Dack.  How do you feel that would work out next season should it come to pass going off the evidence this season ?'

Or quite simply 'Tony you said in this newspaper last Aug/Sept we've sold the goalie to sign a striker. Do you feel that was a wise move looking at the comparisons now ?'

These are the kind of questions any journalist worth his salt would be asking but we get the standard questions for which the answer is already set. 

• Like 4

That article was the best, and most thought provoking one that I've read from Sharpe.

There is a big chunk of the fanbase that go by the "this club and Mowbray must not be criticised ever by anyone" mantra.

• Like 2