BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, TruRover said:

Anyone else hoping that the lack of communication with TM/ lack of trip to India is an indication that his future is being considered? 

No. 

More likely something to do with them being arseholes and the fact there's a small matter like a global pandemic going on

Edited by Dreams of 1995

Mowbray's comments almost identical to those of Paul Lambert in the early part of 2016. 

The owners are up to their old tricks. Manager and Ewood clueless as to what is going on and we are nothing but an inconvenient afterthought. Wish I could flush £20 million a year away on something so unimportant to me.

In another scenario I'd be expecting the manager to resign unless he got answers very quickly. There is no excuse for it. They are a disgrace and how anyone can express gratitude to them is beyond me.

I don't think Mowbray will resign. Partly because he isn't the quitter type but also because of the Covid.19 situation making it unchartered territory. He can probably soldier on without new signings, just give Samuel another year.

I do wonder how Waggott is going to wangle season tickets if he can't get answers from India. Just ignore it or go silent like he has the last 6 weeks?

Very concerning again. I wonder what Suhail is doing today?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

TM doesn't need to do anything to put the blame back onto the owners.

If there's a fan out there that blames Mowbray for our delayed budgets / going into the summer unknown then as a collective we should tell them to take a look back at the last decade. This is a Venky problem, always has been and always will be. 

Mercer, give it a rest, not everything is the blokes fault. You are on overdrive lately. We've not had a budget on time since they came, it's hardly an excuse, it's the truth. 

It's down to Waggott.

What is he - a man or a mouse?

Get them told we need a budget and in good time.  If he doesn't get it then he should walk, possibly with a case for constructive dismissal, as clearly he has not got the tools to do his job properly.

It aint rocket science.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It's down to Waggott.

What is he - a man or a mouse?

Get them told we need a budget and in good time.  If he doesn't get it then he should walk, possibly with a case for constructive dismissal, as clearly he has not got the tools to do his job properly.

It aint rocket science.

Every manager we ever have would just keep walking away if that is the case. I used to say it about Bowyer too but nothing will change whilst we are owned by them.

It's forever been the case. All this talk of walking for pride is no good to us as a club, however good it may look for the blokes doing it.

I agree wholeheartedly that it isn't a difficult request to make but we aren't dealing in normal here. What Mowbray has said isn't lining up excuses, it is the truth, and we've heard it from every manager except Bowyer. 

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Every manager we ever have would just keep walking away if that is the case. I used to say it about Bowyer too but nothing will change whilst we are owned by them.

It's forever been the case. All this talk of walking for pride is no good to us as a club, however good it may look for the blokes doing it.

I agree wholeheartedly that it isn't a difficult request to make but we aren't dealing in normal here. What Mowbray has said isn't lining up excuses, it is the truth, and we've heard it from every manager except Bowyer. 

The point I'm making, Waggott as CEO should be facing up Pune.

Let's say our Exec Directors and Mowbray all resigned, what do you think Pune would do?

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

That's all you took away from my massive post?!

Yes. I had already stated my opinions on the points raised by roversfan99 and I haven't changed my opinion. You disagree, fine by me. 

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Bloody hell Chaddy, players are ‘linked’ through agents leaking stories to the Nixon’s of this world, nothing to do with Stuart Harvey’s spreadsheets...

If you look at any foreign links we have had they have been from overseas links like the one yesterday. 

46 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Anyone else hoping that the lack of communication with TM/ lack of trip to India is an indication that his future is being considered? 

No. India is having being hit with Coronavirus pandemic hard at the minute. 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Mowbray said at the fans forum to me and another poster on here that we had deals agreed (In principle) for ‘a couple’ of overseas players to come in this summer.

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if one is a 1st choice keeper who has been out of contract at his previous club

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

He wasn’t. Genuinely ??‍♂️

Thanks for that post. I was right then with my post yesterday. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes. I had already stated my opinions on the points raised by roversfan99 and I haven't changed my opinion. You disagree, fine by me. 

If you look at any foreign links we have had they have been from overseas links like the one yesterday. 

No. India is having being hit with Coronavirus pandemic hard at the minute. 

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if one is a 1st choice keeper who has been out of contract at his previous club

Thanks for that post. I was right then with my post yesterday. 

Absolutely ridiculious either way and embarassing to see Mowbray continiously have to utter his frustrations to the local paper because our idiot owners dont give a shit.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Keane would be my choice alongside an innovative and hungry coach.

We need a whirlwind to get rid of all the complacency, deadwood and holiday club atmosphere that, IMO, is ruining our club.

Roy Keane? is this meant as a wind up? 

He isn't a manager. Football has moved on from Keane's days as a manager and he isn't clever enough to change his attitude like Neil Warnock or Sir Alex Ferguson have done. Graeme Souness admit that he should have change his approach to players.  

No coach would want to work with Keane in my opinion. He didn't last long as Villa Number 2 under Lambert did he? not even 6 months? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Absolutely ridiculous either way and embarrassing to see Mowbray continuously have to utter his frustrations to the local paper because our idiot owners don't give a shit.

why keep going on and on about it day after day? 

We already know this but they aren't going to change 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Because its contiously causing problems and its topical because Mowbray has again complained it in his frustration.

I dont know how you can be so dismissive about it as if its normal.

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Because its contiously causing problems and its topical because Mowbray has again complained it in his frustration.

I dont know how you can be so dismissive about it as if its normal.

We know but keep posting about day after on here is going to change what? 

Dismissive? not at all but I just accept it cos I cant change it so what else can I do?

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

In which case we need new owners.

Do you agree? 

I challenge anyone to come up with an argument on why this 'model' they work with will ever enable this club to succeed.

Coronavirus is everywhere. It doesn't stop business decisions being made. 

I genuinely, honestly think that the only people with the authority to make the decisions are Mrs Desai and her husband, and the only time they will decide is when their manager flies out to Pune to beg them for more money. They will not even entertain making these decisions remotely hence why Lambert got nowhere

Due to Covid 19 and travel restrictions Mowbray and Waggott cannot go out there to grovel and persuade them so the end result is no money. We've seen it all before. 

Just now, JHRover said:

In which case we need new owners.

Do you agree? 

I challenge anyone to come up with an argument on why this 'model' they work with will ever enable this club to succeed.

Coronavirus is everywhere. It doesn't stop business decisions being made. 

I genuinely, honestly think that the only people with the authority to make the decisions are Mrs Desai and her husband, and the only time they will decide is when their manager flies out to Pune to beg them for more money. They will not even entertain making these decisions remotely hence why Lambert got nowhere

Due to Covid 19 and travel restrictions Mowbray and Waggott cannot go out there to grovel and persuade them so the end result is no money. We've seen it all before. 

Who is willing to buy a football club at this stage with the world economic problems? 

Yes decisions on the club future in terms of budget will be made next week. How many clubs know their budget for next season already(Just clubs in the championship)? 

Looking at the owners and what we know about them from different sources that Mrs D is the person in charge of finances along with her husband. We have know this for years tho. So hardly ground breaking is it. 

I don't think Mowbray goes over there begging them for money at all. He clearly holds detail discussions with them about football related issues. 

I am fully aware of the Covid-19 and travel restrictions to India since I was the first people on here to post that no one can travel to India at this stage. 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who is willing to buy a football club at this stage with the world economic problems? 

Yes decisions on the club future in terms of budget will be made next week. How many clubs know their budget for next season already(Just clubs in the championship)? 

Looking at the owners and what we know about them from different sources that Mrs D is the person in charge of finances along with her husband. We have know this for years tho. So hardly ground breaking is it. 

I don't think Mowbray goes over there begging them for money at all. He clearly holds detail discussions with them about football related issues. 

I am fully aware of the Covid-19 and travel restrictions to India since I was the first people on here to post that no one can travel to India at this stage. 

I didn't ask who might buy us. I asked if you agreed that we need new owners.

Newcastle are about to be bought and it is likely Wigan will be taken over soon.

Budget decisions will be made within the next week? Do you know something Mowbray doesn't? To me he sounds just about as fed up as he ever has and who can blame him working in the dark for disinterested idiots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We know but keep posting about day after on here is going to change what? 

Dismissive? not at all but I just accept it cos I cant change it so what else can I do?

One thing we should never do is accept it Chaddy.

We may grin and bear it for now but we'll never accept them or the model they use to run this club.

The sooner they realise it the better too. They need to cut their losses, sell up and return our club back to us.

I posted it many years ago and I'll say it again here - I would sacrifice our league position for getting rid of them if I had to, but I hope it doesn't come to that for us. We are a big enough club to come back from everything currently, but give them another 20 years and things may change. 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Reading between the lines the crisis hasn't been a disaster for the whole of the economy. There are plenty of firms out there doing very nicely at the moment, it all depends what line of business you are in.

It is a moment of opportunity for some................................

Some entrepreneurs / investors are very active out there at the moment.

Time to buy shares was 4/5 months ago when FTSE100 down to about 5,000.  Still some bargains to be had, many will bounce back.

• Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

It is a moment of opportunity for some................................

Some entrepreneurs / investors are very active out there at the moment.

Time to buy shares was 4/5 months ago when FTSE100 down to about 5,000.  Still some bargains to be had, many will bounce back.

Spot on Mercer

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't know who would. But I do know ANY owner would be better than what we have. 

I mean aside from their well known history of the club they still let us be run by agents, are late in deciding budgets, don't have any sort of accountability in the club or a proper management structure. And that's them at their best. 

Defending Venkys is literally defending the indefensible. Not saying you are but pointing out asking who will want it is daft as anyone would do a better job. 

That said they will never sell because they have a house full of skeletons at Ewood never mind a closet and they won't want that exposing at all. 

• Like 2