BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

11 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Personally I wouldn’t want joey Barton. I think he will be similar to Keane as his attitude and personality are also similar to Roy. Keane did well at Sunderland and then nothing after . It’s easier to command respect from players at Fleetwood and he is doing well but I think his style has a very short shelf life and you only have to listen to graham talking about him and dacky to know it won’t be long before the wheels fell off . I’m not saying joeys way isn’t right but times are so different and players are soft and entitled . He would probably get a new manager bounce but come this time next year he would have swung a punch at waggott, stubbed a cigar in dacks eye and it would all go pear shaped 

I was thinking similarly. But more like Paul Ince. An air of professionalism and the aura of an ex top flight player running things goes a long way at a lower level.

Somebody will take a punt on him though. Undecided if I’d want it to be us. Could well see him replacing Dyche at Burnley - especially if they were relegated.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Bloody hell.

People claim Mowbray is not the man to get us out of this league. A statement they claim is 'evidence based'.

Now we have clamour to appoint Joey Barton. Not a single promotion on his record and 1 (2?) good seasons as a manager with one club.

You can't write it.

Sean Dyche didn't have any promotions when Burnley got him. He hadn't even had a full season in management at Watford I don't think. It's more about doing your homework. If Barton has more chance of getting us promotion than Mowbray then sign him up. How that is quantified is anyone's guess, but how did Burnley know Dyche was worth a gamble. I'm guessing they did their homework on him and spoke to him about his plans for the club. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dolly blue said:

We are all aware of Joey Barton’s past! As a young player he made many mistakes and many enemies.....and I , in no way condone his actions. 
His name has been mentioned at various times on here, in fact, this morning. ....and usually been met with a mix of derision or disgust

I would just like to add a little to the pot. I have 2 friends, who currently work with him in his back room team at Fleetwood. Both have worked at Burnley, with Dyche, at Bolton , with too many managers to mention and at North End. Both share the same view......he’s the best manager they have worked for! 

Why ???????.......he is totally straight will his players and staff......he sets expectations and standards which must be hit........he has a methodical approach to patterns of play......he lives, eats and sleeps Fleetwood......he’s intelligent and he’s hungry.....and finally, he’s modelled himself on a bloke who he believes to be  the best he’s ever worked with....Dyche.

No doubt there are many good manager qualities missing from this but....take from that what you will. His early days and his Burnley connection will have many on here running from any possible appointment at Ewood ..........

......and then, there’s Tony! 
Just a thought . 

Events this week back that up.

From what I heard, Bolton have borrowed one of Fleetwood's keepers this season.

Evatt hung the young keeper out to dry after a defeat. Barton went public at Evatt regarding his reaction and man-management.

Barton then phoned the keeper and told him he had his full backing and support.

No specific links but it's 'out there' to be found if you want to search for it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Pearson!? Again I will point you to the list. What makes you think Venkys, or whichever agent they turn to for advice on the appointment, would go for someone of the calibre of Pearson? Johnson would be far more likely and that's a massive gamble. 

I'm as fed up as anyone with Mowbray, we're not getting promoted with him as manager, but that doesn't mean I can ignore the utter calamity of the last 10 yrs under Venkys.

He means Delroy Pearson, bloke out of 80s band 5 star. I'd say he's a shoo in for the shortlist.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Sean Dyche didn't have any promotions when Burnley got him. He hadn't even had a full season in management at Watford I don't think. It's more about doing your homework. If Barton has more chance of getting us promotion than Mowbray then sign him up. How that is quantified is anyone's guess, but how did Burnley know Dyche was worth a gamble. I'm guessing they did their homework on him and spoke to him about his plans for the club. 

I’m guessing it was pure good luck. Right place right time.

I imagine he was the stand out candidate during interviews.

4 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Bloody hell.

People claim Mowbray is not the man to get us out of this league. A statement they claim is 'evidence' based.

What evidence is there (either on his record in recent times or his record with us in the Championship) that he is?

Coyle got a team promoted to the top flight once as well.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What evidence is there (either on his record in recent times or his record with us in the Championship) that he is?

Coyle got a team promoted to the top flight once as well.

There’s more evidence on his than Barton’s. 

Which was the point of the post. You just deleted the rest of it. 

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

For the owners it is relevant.

No reason to assume they won't change tack again at some point in the future.  First few years it was all young coach with potential and after they got tired of being let down with that they turned to 'experienced guy with a promotion' on his cv.  Next change might just be either foreign coach with good credential or perish the thought somebody actually with something relevant in the last few years. That might take poaching and compen though.

What really needs to happen is for the penny to finally drop and realize their requirements do make sense but the people they rely on to supply these managers are the dogs arse not its bollocks !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

No reason to assume they won't change tack again at some point in the future.  First few years it was all young coach with potential and after they got tired of being let down with that they turned to 'experienced guy with a promotion' on his cv.  Next change might just be either foreign coach with good credential or perish the thought somebody actually with something relevant in the last few years. That might take poaching and compen though.

What really needs to happen is for the penny to finally drop and realize their requirements do make sense but the people they rely on to supply these managers are the dogs arse not its bollocks !

Yes I know what you mean - but then you have to believe that leopards do change their spots.

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Mowbray in the press now blaming the virus.  Can someone tell him its a worldwide pandemic....Tony thanking the virus for another 12 months pension contributions..    

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18831726.rovers-duo-self-isolating-mowbray-delivers-team-news-update/

Isolating due to symptoms. Are we saving money on testing nowadays? I thought football was meant to be in a bubble. If they’ve been in contact with other players then everyone is at risk!

It’s getting worse and worse.

Thank goodness results don’t matter.

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18831726.rovers-duo-self-isolating-mowbray-delivers-team-news-update/

Isolating due to symptoms. Are we saving money on testing nowadays? I thought football was meant to be in a bubble. If they’ve been in contact with other players then everyone is at risk!

Players are getting it all over the world - Ronaldo has tested positive twice. How on earth do you blame the club for this ?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stuart said:

How can footballers be in a bubble when they are just normal people. They still have to go home to their families, do the shopping, their children at school,. etc. 

We cannot lock them and their families for months after months end in order to play a game of football

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How can footballers be in a bubble when they are just normal people. They still have to go home to their families, do the shopping, their children at school,. etc. 

We cannot lock them and their families for months after months end in order to play a game of football

Rubbish. They dont have to do shopping, never heard of delivery service? I've managed it, the problem is most of them are young and dont give a shit

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good to see you back Chadster.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Rubbish. They dont have to do shopping, never heard of delivery service? I've managed it, the problem is most of them are young and dont give a shit

The season will last until May - you can't seriously be suggesting no player at this or any other club will not have contact with the outside world until then.

• Like 2