Neal

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, Mattyblue said:

End of the day this is a forum with about 50 regular posters. Forums generally are less ‘optimistic’ places than ‘real life’ or Facebook etc. Same everywhere.

In real life he’s hardly had a word said against him in 2 and a half years, so no idea why anybody would need to ‘cringe’.

I would wager the average age of the poster on here will be older than the ones on " Social Media ". That means most of us have been around the block a few times, bought the Tee shirt etc. We've seen it all before, several times.

I don’t think this place is particularly ‘balanced’, as in a wide cross section of views. Opinion on here more often than not matches mine, certainly more than the Uber positive Facebook groups and LT comments. But I would say this place is more ‘negative’ than the usual consensus at the ground.

So take it all with a pinch of salt.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Harry The Bass said:

There is no justification in calling for any managers head after one game.

40 minutes ago, Harry The Bass said:

90 minutes into a new season. 

21 minutes ago, Harry The Bass said:

This thread however was the latest iteration and came right after the Charlton game.

13 minutes ago, Harry The Bass said:

Top thread come 7pm after first game of season; “MOWBRAY OUT”

I think you've made your point.  

Repeating it over and over is just going to irritate people. 

Besides that,  it happened 7 weeks ago so you're kind of going over old ground here. 

Just now, Silas said:

I think you've made your point.  

Repeating it over and over is just going to irritate people. 

Besides that,  it happened 7 weeks ago so you're kind of going over old ground here. 

The irony being, I wouldn’t feel the need to repeat myself if my original points had been left.

Edited by Harry The Bass

3 hours ago, Harry The Bass said:

There is no justification in calling for any managers head after one game. People will try, tag on last season say things like“I’ve always felt like this”, which is exactly the point about being close minded.

The reality though - whether you see little or lots of value in a manager, there are appropriate windows to sensibly move one on, with certain owners this can be borderline impossible.

Its not about some “I told you so” nonsense, it’s about the opinion that the reaction was embarrassing.

Still is. Thankfully those with the ability to change the thread titles are in agreement.

But it's always exaggerated as to how many wanted him sacked. Can you tell me how many people actually called for his head? Most of the posts I read were genuine concerns and some, as yet are unfounded but the season is a long and arduous process with many turns.

I heard one City supporter calling for Guardiola to be sacked last week. That is how some fans think but sometimes there needs to be context as the vast majority do don't.