BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Turkeys do not, under any circumstances, vote for Christmas. Mowbray probably doesn't even acknowledge that there is a problem, either to himself, the press or the players - but it is clear that there is a considerable distance between his view of 'reality' and that experienced by the playing staff and the supporters.

To me there is a resounding clamour for change. Unfortunately from the club and Pune based dupes there is a cacophony of silence (oxymoron intended)

5 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Seen on Twitter that @Kamy is a believer. I’d love to hear you explain why Kamy. Nobody else can offer a defence.

No disrespect to the fella, but i couldnt give a shite what he says. People on here treat him like hes the font of all knowledge, hes a standard football fan, with no more knowledge or experience in the game than me or you, who for some reason gets touted about like he has lots of contacts.

Just now, AAK said:

No disrespect to the fella, but i couldnt give a shite what he says. People on here treat him like hes the font of all knowledge, hes a standard football fan, with no more knowledge or experience in the game than me or you, who for some reason gets touted about like he has lots of contacts.

Stuck his head above the parapet and got some serious flak when most looked the other way. Fair play to him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RTM08 said:

In all honesty were any of us expecting more than midtable with our defence? The only reason anyone got their hopes up is because TM opened his big mouth. He keeps doing it more and more with talk of "easier fixtures" and points targets that clearly this squad just aren't capable of hitting.

He needs to either walk or shut up and do his job properly.

That is what is so galling. We all knew and we have known for at least two windows. Tony knew too....

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You honestly expect the likes of Dunn or Gallagher, ex players that live locally and work with the club to publicly call for the manager to be sacked?

I’m 100% sure that if Dunny thought the manager needed changing, he would say so. Yes.

42 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Not even hearing any whispers of meetings taking place.

From a certain point of view, the best signing the club has made during Mowbray’s tenure is Steve Waggott.

well the meetings would be taking place over the phone and I'm sure the owners aren't happy with the start to this season. 

The owners will want promotion within the next couple of seasons after their investment in the team. 

we need a fresh manager with new ideas and thinking. I know who I would want to interview for the job and then select from there. 

alot of Rovers fans I've spoken to since yesterday and before the game on Friday says its time for change. We need a change. 

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Why do you think Steve Waggott is incompetent ?

I think he is incompetent for the work he has done off the field, as shown by a repeated failure to hit sales/attendance targets for example.

He also is somewhat biased in his role, if he has any impact in potentially sacking Mowbray, because he is his friend from a previous job.

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Mowbrays mate, the incompetent Steve Waggott was telling fans yesterday that basically Mowbray is going nowhere. Naive to think otherwise.

Screenshot_20191027-133035_Twitter.jpg

wont be his decision to make tho. If the Owners decide its time for a change then it will be made, 

If you was owner of football club surely you would make the decision the manager not the CEO? 

I know it would be my decision and Ive would have made it by now. Then I would be involved in selecting the new manager, structure and the way forward

48 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Not even hearing any whispers of meetings taking place.

From a certain point of view, the best signing the club has made during Mowbray’s tenure is Steve Waggott.

Ah yes, the actor Steve Waggott, currently playing the role of the invisible man.

Any decision would surely come from India, but they will no doubt make one when it's too late.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

wont be his decision to make tho. If the Owners decide its time for a change then it will be made, 

If you was owner of football club surely you would make the decision the manager not the CEO? 

I know it would be my decision and Ive would have made it by now. Then I would be involved in selecting the new manager, structure and the way forward

Possibly not but he certainly could influence the owners, and lets put it this way, hes hardly going to be currently trying to convince them to sack his chum.

You also are implying that Venkys are logical, reasonable people. He wont be going anywhere. Dont get your hopes up.

Mowbrays mate, the incompetent Steve Waggott was telling fans yesterday that basically Mowbray is going nowhere. Naive to think otherwise.

On the general question if he doesn’t feel he has a decision to make now he’s going to have because 32 points from 31 games is appalling by any standard and it’s not getting better.

On his specific statement unless he doesn’t know this games aren’t won at half time. Winning at any moment during the game other than at the end . Nil points 

• Like 1

Why do you think Steve Waggott is incompetent ?

He's overseen a reduction in home attendances despite promotion and an improved atmosphere around the club. 

That takes some doing but he's managed it.

That must make us one of very few clubs to have declining crowds and he must take responsibility for it.

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

He's overseen a reduction in home attendances despite promotion and an improved atmosphere around the club. 

That must make us one of very few clubs to have declining crowds and he must take responsibility for it.

Any chief executive of a professional sports club who signs off a sponsorship deal with a nicotine pushing company is an impostor.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 1

Possibly not but he certainly could influence the owners, and lets put it this way, hes hardly going to be currently trying to convince them to sack his chum.

You also are implying that Venkys are logical, reasonable people. He wont be going anywhere. Dont get your hopes up.

Waggott will do as they say. simple as. Plus Suhail is here aswell. Wonder what he will say?

Since this date last year we've played 46 league games (a full season). We've won 15 and collected 54 points during that period. That includes 3 wins at the back end of last season against Bolton, QPR and Forest which were complete dead rubbers between teams with nothing to play for.

We've also had a negative goal difference in that time. 

So effectively we're at best scraping the survival mark or ignore the dead rubbers and its relegation form.

That's over a year/season so the fools who keep saying it's a blip or bad patch haven't done their homework. 

How much longer is needed?

• Like 5

Just now, JHRover said:

Don't understand this. According to Wikipedia last 3 seasons attendances have been :

2016-17    12871

2017-18    12173

2018-19    14552

Don't understand this. According to Wikipedia last 3 seasons attendances have been :

2016-17    12871

2017-18    12173

2018-19    14552

Not intested in those numbers as they were before Waggott arrived and his policies implemented. 

Numbers of home fans are declining. Season ticket sales are down and numbers at Ewood are falling despite what official figures are put out.

Just now, JHRover said:

Not intested in those numbers as they were before Waggott arrived and his policies implemented. 

Numbers of home fans are declining. Season ticket sales are down and numbers at Ewood are falling despite what official figures are put out.

If you are not going to go by the official numbers then any discussion of attendances gets rather silly as people can just make up their own numbers !

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Daft argument from Waggott, we're 2-0 up at half time so he doesn't deserve the sack even though we conceded 3 goals after that?

A big goal keeping error by a goalkeeper signed by the manager who doesn't deserve the sack?

Part of managing is bringing in the right players Steve.

That said, he's never going to disclose any intentions towards sacking Mowbray with fans. Only Shebby Singh would try that one.

• Like 2