BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

54 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I hope you are right, but think that is a tad optimistic.

I can see us going down with a whimper unless a (good) change is made quite soon.

Even a bad change could be decent. A change nearly always brings some kind of reaction. I'm not advocating a bad change, but we need to do something different because what were doing now is not working

He’s not going anywhere anytime soon. Has got plenty in the bank with the owners, the players and majority of the fans. 
I can’t see any review of the managers position coming before the end of the season UNLESS something pretty huge happens which forces their hand. (An extended run of losses going into the new year or TM takes it into his own hands)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

Even a bad change could be decent. A change nearly always brings some kind of reaction. I'm not advocating a bad change, but we need to do something different because what were doing now is not working

I’m astounded by this sentence. So you’re that desperate for immediate gratification that you settle for a bad appointment for a 5-10 match boost in results? Wow...

• Like 1

I guess it just shows how fed up some are with the constant mixed up stuff he turns out, please remember some people pay a lot of money to sit through that shite.

They are entitled to their opinions and whilst i might not totally agree -how many points are available from the next 10 and how many do you think we'll get ?   That's the most important factor.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, Paul Mani said:

He’s not going anywhere anytime soon. Has got plenty in the bank with the owners, the players and majority of the fans. 
I can’t see any review of the managers position coming before the end of the season UNLESS something pretty huge happens which forces their hand. (An extended run of losses going into the new year or TM takes it into his own hands)

You are correct Paul. 

I'm(and another Rovers supporting fan) spoken to Alan Nixon and Ken Lawrence over the 24 hours and they both say 

Ken Lawrence responses are

question asked:- Is Mowbray under any pressure?

KL Answer :- No. Venkys really like him. They know he is changing BR and it will take time. Consider where they were after rel to L1. Plus for right now loads of injuries. He’s seen to be doing a good job

next question asked :- about Saturday performance

KL answer :- I was there. Walton doesn’t miss a cross and there is no fight back. Mowbray trying to make BR a football playing side again. When Holtby gets back plus Lenihan and Cunningham they will be much better

Next question/comment asked:- Said we need a new keeper and Right back

KL Answer response:- Totally need a new GK

Nixon says his job isn't current threat atm

Last night/This morning via a Group chat containing people who are Rovers fans are mixed whether to keep Mowbray or not. Some say time to go, some say keep him for the season and some saying hes get 6 games or till Christmas time and some are undecided and would depend on who is his replacement. 

My view is the same but he is going nowhere at the minute so lets hope he can turn results around and get to January were we can sign the 3 or 4 players we need in the squad. 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You are correct Paul. 

I'm(and another Rovers supporting fan) spoken to Alan Nixon and Ken Lawrence over the 24 hours and they both say 

KL Answer :- No. Venkys really like him. They know he is changing BR and it will take time. Consider where they were after rel to L1. Plus for right now loads of injuries. He’s seen to be doing a good job

KL answer :- I was there. Walton doesn’t miss a cross and there is no fight back. Mowbray trying to make BR a football playing side again. When Holtby gets back plus Lenihan and Cunningham they will be much better

Last night/This morning via a Group chat containing people who are Rovers fans are mixed whether to keep Mowbray or not. Some say time to go, some say keep him for the season and some saying hes get 6 games or till Christmas time and some are undecided and would depend on who is his replacement. 

My view is the same but he is going nowhere at the minute so lets hope he can turn results around and get to January were we can sign the 3 or 4 players we need in the squad. 

Atleast I can stop checking Twitter now! ??

My very worst fears just confirmed.We are a busted Flush.

When Cunningham gets back?  It will be too late as he's likely to be out for the season!

If Mowbray is going nowhere then at least he should concede that whatever is happening on (or off) the pitch is not working and take steps to remedy them.   

We are where we are at least until the transfer window so have to make the best of what we have. 

15 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m astounded by this sentence. So you’re that desperate for immediate gratification that you settle for a bad appointment for a 5-10 match boost in results? Wow...

A 5-10 game boost might be the difference between Championship and League One next season. Yes it is that serious because we are sinking.

I'd rather roll the dice in those circumstances and have a chance of survival rather than persist with something that isn't working and meekly go down.

It might not be immediate gratification we need but it might soon be immediate points.

Not really sure I buy into this supposed progress that we have made.

We were relegated, got straight back up - well done. Obviously having kept hold of all of our players and splashed out more than any other team in L1 on new ones.  

Before we were relegated, we were not that much worse off than we are now in this division - difference was we hadnt spent circa 15+ million in two seasons.

Last season was decent purely because of promotion bounce and teams not yet figuring us out, once they did we have since been performing at relegation form. 

We are now about to hit the bottom three as i cannot see us picking up many points out of the next few matches. if this form then continues, we have a good chance of finding ourselves back in L1 and you can bet we will be losing players this time.

Talks a good game (not so much recently), gets on with the owners and is a nice chap - thats the only positives. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are correct Paul. 

Who is Ken Lawrence?

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are correct Paul. 

Ken Lawrence clearly hasn't watched very much of Rovers if he thinks a Walton save and Preston wouldn't have come back. 

I think 90% of fans there knew what was coming and the only issue was when and how. This time round a keeping error. Next time it will be a soft penalty or defensive error. 

The minute the half time team talk was over that game was going Preston's way. 

Just now, arbitro said:

Who is Ken Lawrence?

The sport reporter with the Sun. He has good contacts at Rovers. Hes the one if i remember correctly who ran the Bowyer been sack after Brighton game. 

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I would say 'the Bank' he had with the majority of fans has long since evaporated.

I would say majority of fans are still backing him. 

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are correct Paul. 

Told you hes going nowhere sadly. Hes not going to fix our defensive woes or prioritise them, otherwise he would have done previously when he promised, theres no point getting your hopes up. Hes also not going to stop picking his favourite teachers pet Elliott Bennett so penalties will continue to be conceded. And our flimsy defence will be repeatedly ripped apart especially in every away game. And our crap keeper will continue to help our opponents. And the likes of Williams and Bell will continue to mess up. And we will continue to be spineless and characterless anytime there is a whiff of adversity. And our Chief Executive will continue to rip fans off for the privelidge. Otherwise, plenty to look forward to this season ?

• Backroom

The sport reporter with the Sun. He has good contacts at Rovers. Hes the one if i remember correctly who ran the Bowyer been sack after Brighton game. 

Didn't that story turn out to be false ?? Or am I thinking of the other one? I know the Sun ran two Bowyer sacking stories, one which they got wrong at the end of August and another after he actually was sacked. 

Edited by DE.

Unless either of those journos have a direct line to Pune they are just surmising with stock answers because they haven't heard anything different.

If a journo phoned Ewood for info they'd like speak to Waggot or shadowman speaking on behalf of the owners. What do we think they'd say ?

The shield Waggot will put round Mowbray will be akin to Agnew round Kean.

• Like 4

So Mowbray is under no pressure despite us being complete and utter shite?

Venkys can just go and jump off a cliff right now. 

I feel like this is all part of the typical Venkys cycle we end up in. It's now obvious the manager is poor and we basically keeping getting pissed off with him every game before it just turns to apathy.

Then, when it's months later than it should have been, Venkys finally pull the trigger and the cycle resets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

A loss next game will do it personally. He looks like he knows he's on thin ice.

Just a gut feeling.

Edited by joey_big_nose

• Backroom

Feel we are heading back into that horrible zone where a win can feel like a slightly bad thing and extending the inevitable

He is circling the drain, he could end up circling it for another year or so stopping us from progressing 

I could be wrong but I’d be very surprised if he pushes us on now 

• Like 4

Stats alert

in 2019

Rovers' league record under Tony Mowbray

P35 W13 D5 L17 F50 A50 Pts44

Last season we got to 44 points after game 34, so the data correlates.

The data suggests were a bottom half Championship team, which is (alas, probably) what we are.

Edited by rog of the rovers

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

Didn't that story turn out to be false ?? Or am I thinking of the other one? I know the Sun ran two Bowyer sacking stories, one which they got wrong at the end of August and another after he actually was sacked. 

I remember driving home from an away match at Brighton early in the season and I got a text to say Bowyer had been sacked. It turned out to be wrong. It was November when he went if I remember correctly.

• Backroom
Just now, arbitro said:

I remember driving home from an away match at Brighton early in the season and I got a text to say Bowyer had been sacked. It turned out to be wrong. It was November when he went if I remember correctly.

Yeah indeed, thread is here:

His sources at the club obviously aren't that good!

• Like 1