BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

After the debacle of Charlton I'd like to see us go with something totally different from the norm, lets face it we're going to get mullered anway.

4-4-2 - Walton, Nyambe, Tosin, Lenihan, Bell, Rothwell, Travis, Johnson, Downing, Brereton, Gallagher.

Subs - Leutwiler, Mulgrew, Bennett, Chapman, Armstrong, Dack, Graham

No doubt it will be the same tired players, trying to play in whatever weird formation TM has them working on this week.

3-0 Fulham, so happy i booked trains for this when the fixtures were released ?

• Like 1

Left side of that back 4 looks very dodgy. The problem is Tosin and Lenihan are both right sided players - I can see all sorts of problems between Lenihan and Bell. 

Fulham had an unexpected setback on Saturday so will be going at us from the start. 3-1 Fulham

Walton

Nyambe      Lenihan    Tosin      Hart

Travis       Johnson

Armstrong          Dack            Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Mulgrew, Bennett, Evans, Chapman or Buckley, Brereton, Gallagher

Walton

Nyambe     Lenihan          Tosin        Downing 

Travis             Johnson

Armstrong               Dack                Rothwell

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Rankin Costello, Magloire, Evans, Buckley, Brereton, Gallagher

• Like 3

Expect talk of impregnable mighty Fulham. Another huge.club for us to compete with with no mention they were well beaten and couldn't score against newly promoted Barnsley on Saturday.....

Pressure will be all on them so owt could happen but I expect 3-1 or 4-1 to them. Wouldnt surprise me to see us take the lead after a positive start before crumbling.

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Mulgrew Downing

Evans     Johnson

Armstrong      Dack     Gallagher

Graham

I think this is what Mowbray will go with, and I think we will get beaten comfortably.

The only bit of hope I have for getting anything from this game is the fact that Fulham lost at Barnsley and were apparently poor. That could work the other way though and they could come out flying. Player for player there are currently none I think we have better than Fulham. I expect Mowbray to be in full defensive mode and his team will reflect that.

I am travelling down and fully expect to be travelling back further disillusioned about Rovers and Mowbray in particular. I sincerely hope I am wrong but I expect a drubbing.

• Like 2

Walton

Magloire Lenihan Tosin 

Nyambe                                        Downing 

Travis      Johnson

Dack                     Rothwell

Graham 

Need to freshen things up and get the defence sorted.

• Like 3

This would be my team. Yes, risky putting Downing left-back, but would he really be any worse defensively than Bell? Dack needs to get the finger out too or I would get Rothwell or Buckley in the middle. I am afraid Dack is now coasting as a championship footballer, happy enough with tipping away. I don't really rate Armstrong, but on the counter he is good and I think that's what this game will be. 

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Downing

Travis     Johnson

Armstrong     Dack    Rothwell

Brereton

• Like 2

If he starts with the same back 4 as he did against Charlton, he should be sacked on the spot.

Nyambe needs to come in for Bennett and Tosin, although a largely unknown quantity needs to replace Mulgrew.

Assuming Hart and Williams are still out injured, can't see anyone other than Bell in at left back. Not a fan of this idea of Downing being at left back.

------------------Walton

Nyambe--Lenihan--Tosin--Bell

------------Travis--Johnson

Armstrong----Dack-----Rothwell

---------------Graham

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Walton

nyambe lenihan. Tosin.  Downing 

.        Travis.     Johnson

rothwell.        Dack.       Armstrong

.                Gallagher

I would swap Rothwell and Armstrong over 

• Like 3

Just now, davulsukur said:

If he starts with the same back 4 as he did against Charlton, he should be sacked on the spot.

Nyambe needs to come in for Bennett and Tosin, although a largely unknown quantity needs to replace Mulgrew.

Assuming Hart and Williams are still out injured, can't see anyone other than Bell in at left back. Not a fan of this idea of Downing being at left back.

------------------Walton

Nyambe--Lenihan--Tosin--Bell

------------Travis--Johnson

Armstrong----Dack-----Rothwell

---------------Graham

I would rather play 3 at the back than see Bell play.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Walton

Magloire Lenihan Tosin 

Nyambe                                        Downing 

Travis      Johnson

Dack                     Rothwell

Graham 

Need to freshen things up and get the defence sorted.

I like that starting line-up. I would bring on Armstrong when Danny tires.

My personal selection for this one would be a proper 4-3-3, with Johnson sitting nice and deep controlling everything, Dack and Travis having freedom to press forward, Armstrong and Rothwell cutting in from the wings and Gallagher up-front and not out wide. 

I think Downing showed at Blackpool he's a better LB than Bell, and JRC for me should absolutely be given a go at RB (especially if Nyambe is seemingly no longer an option there)           

Walton
JRC Lenihan Tosin Downing
               Johnson
             Travis Dack
Rothwell Gallagher Armstrong

Subs: Leutwiler, Bennett, Mulgrew, Buckley, Evans, Brereton, Graham

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

My personal selection for this one would be a proper 4-3-3, with Johnson sitting nice and deep controlling everything, Dack and Travis having freedom to press forward, Armstrong and Rothwell cutting in from the wings and Gallagher up-front and not out wide. 

I think Downing showed at Blackpool he's a better LB than Bell, and JRC for me should absolutely be given a go at RB (especially if Nyambe is seemingly no longer an option there)           

Walton
JRC Lenihan Tosin Downing
               Johnson
             Travis Dack
Rothwell Gallagher Armstrong

Subs: Leutwiler, Bennett, Mulgrew, Buckley, Evans, Brereton, Graham

Like that team but I might switch out SG for BB. Think he deserved to start the other day after a promising preseason. Its funny that TM is usually slow to bring new players in the team but suddenly Gallacher is chosen over both our player of the season and BB in one fell swoop. BBs confidence could have been at a good level only to be knocked down again.

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

1400 sold so far. 

It’s a nice place for an away, but a good following nevertheless less at £30.

Superb effort yet again lets hope the performance is worthy we have a big mobile lad in Gallagher now so use him properly no excuse for not having him pressing and defending from the front.  Run him into the ground then replace with DG or BB 70 + mins scoreline pending of course.

• Like 1