BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, rigger said:

I would rather play 3 at the back than see Bell play.

To be fair, playing with Bell at the back is just like playing with 3 at the back anyway. Only with 4 on the field...

Edited by K-Hod

Tough one to bounce back with for Rovers this weekend, but hoping we at least show some character.  Fulham also coming into this looking for a response.  The word on the street is that WITH PACE we might have a chance. So if Mowbray knows his $hit then I expect Armstrong and Rothwell to start.  Regardless, it would be a welcoming surprise if we can get anything from this game.  

Later this week.

Wednesday - Fulham fan Matthew Baldwin has his say on the upcoming match.

Thursday - Philip Lingard (aka The Maltese Rover) takes us down memory lane with tales of Bobby Moore and Gerogie Best against Rovers.

Cass - returns.

My team

Walton

Nyambe  Lenihan  Tosin  Bell

Johnson

Travis            Rothwell

Armstrong                       Downing

Brereton

Subs:- Luetwiler Bennett Mulgrew Buckley Dack Gallagher Graham

If you are looking to bounce back then Fulham would be your opponents.

They are no great shakes as their loss at Barnsley showed.

Very much doubt they will be as determined as Charlton and therefore think we'll come away with a point in a 2-2 draw. 

26 minutes ago, Mercer said:

They are no great shakes as their loss at Barnsley showed.

Very much doubt they will be as determined as Charlton and therefore think we'll come away with a point in a 2-2 draw. 

A reminder of your prediction for the Charlton game below.

Give it a rest, please

No ifs, no buts, Charlton should be like lambs to the slaughter.

They are newly promoted and seem to have more defensive problems than even us.

It has to be a home banker.

Highly likely we will concede so it's just a question of how may goals we can rattle in.

Piled on at evens for Rovers win and a 'fun' bet of Rovers to win 4-1 at 45/1.

• Like 3

• J*B pinned this topic
13 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

My personal selection for this one would be a proper 4-3-3, with Johnson sitting nice and deep controlling everything, Dack and Travis having freedom to press forward, Armstrong and Rothwell cutting in from the wings and Gallagher up-front and not out wide. 

I think Downing showed at Blackpool he's a better LB than Bell, and JRC for me should absolutely be given a go at RB (especially if Nyambe is seemingly no longer an option there)           

Walton
JRC Lenihan Tosin Downing
               Johnson
             Travis Dack
Rothwell Gallagher Armstrong

Subs: Leutwiler, Bennett, Mulgrew, Buckley, Evans, Brereton, Graham

I’ve liked a lot of lineups so far on this page but this the what I would do. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

A reminder of your prediction for the Charlton game below.

Give it a rest, please

No ifs, no buts, Charlton should be like lambs to the slaughter.

They are newly promoted and seem to have more defensive problems than even us.

It has to be a home banker.

Highly likely we will concede so it's just a question of how may goals we can rattle in.

Piled on at evens for Rovers win and a 'fun' bet of Rovers to win 4-1 at 45/1.

Come on Jim, Charlton should have been put to the sword and if Mowbray had got his team selection right, despite the obvious need for a couple of new defenders, then I am certain we would have started the season with that all important win.

Fulham is a 'nice' place to go and play football - it's not like Millwall!  

Fulham have just been relegated, are in some disarray, and not known for their fighting qualities.  First match up and they lose to newly promoted Barnsley (as we lost to newly promoted Charlton).  Can't be a bad time to play them.

If you don't think Rovers are capable of getting a draw there then it begs the question when and where do you think we will get even a point never mind three points!?

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

Away at one of the favourites for promotion would be who you would choose?

I know these posts are for a reaction, but at least try and be subtle!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Away at one of the favourites for promotion would be who you would choose?

I know these posts are for a reaction, but at least try and be subtle!

I stand by my post.

By your argument (Charlton being one of the favourites for relegation), I was fully justified in forecasting a Rovers' win and indeed they should have won!

Why bother playing football matches - just let the outcomes be determined by the bookies' odds?

Just now, Mercer said:

I stand by my post.

By your argument (Charlton being one of the favourites for relegation), I was fully justified in forecasting a Rovers' win and indeed they should have won!

Why bother playing football matches - just let the outcomes be determined by the bookies' odds?

Aye ok Merce! :D You’d have said exactly the same whoever we had next

‘If you are looking to bounce back *checks fixture list* QPR/Forest/Luton/Sheff Wed/add A N other Championship team would be your opponents’

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Come on Jim, Charlton should have been put to the sword and if Mowbray had got his team selection right, despite the obvious need for a couple of new defenders, then I am certain we would have started the season with that all important win.

Fulham is a 'nice' place to go and play football - it's not like Millwall!  

Fulham have just been relegated, are in some disarray, and not known for their fighting qualities.  First match up and they lose to newly promoted Barnsley (as we lost to newly promoted Charlton).  Can't be a bad time to play them.

If you don't think Rovers are capable of getting a draw there then it begs the question when and where do you think we will get even a point never mind three points!?

It's not that - it's the hubris, the constant bullishness when it is clearly unwarranted that is most irking.

I had the Charlton match down for a draw because a newly promoted team would be playing well and we're clearly no better than we were last season.

I don't know why you thought we'd "put them to the sword".

Fulham had a wake-up call at the weekend and will be going at us from the off Can our defence keep them out ? High unlikely.

This is the real world - the post Brexit world - not the dreams and silly chutzpahn of Boris Johnson

2 hours ago, Ruaney said:

My team:

Walton

JRC Nyambe Tosin Downing

Travis Johnson

Armstrong Dack Rothwell

Brereton

Anyone know somewhere decent to get some beers in before the game that's close to the stadium?

The bells near Putney bridge tube station

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This would be my team. Yes, risky putting Downing left-back, but would he really be any worse defensively than Bell? Dack needs to get the finger out too or I would get Rothwell or Buckley in the middle. I am afraid Dack is now coasting as a championship footballer, happy enough with tipping away. I don't really rate Armstrong, but on the counter he is good and I think that's what this game will be. 

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Downing

Travis     Johnson

Armstrong     Dack    Rothwell

Brereton

Yeah, that would be pretty much my team, though it might possibly be a bit attacking for an away match.