BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

No it is totally an opinion and one I am entitled to.

Indeed, I don't see what we have got to lose by playing young folk that have been impressive.

Williams did okay at centre back, but he is terrible at left back, and Bell is way too indecisive. 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Assuming you mean at left back, that's exactly how Mowbray thinks and one of the main reasons we are in this defensive mess in the first place.

It's a toss up between a kid on loan or a busted flush but putting the kid next to Bell for a game like this a maybe a bigger risk than leaving Mulgrew in is clearly what i'm saying.

Personally i think Mulgrew would be worse at LB than he is in the middle but a toss up again whether he'd do it better than Bell.

Just now, tomphil said:

It's a toss up between a kid on loan or a busted flush but putting the kid next to Bell for a game like this a maybe a bigger risk than leaving Mulgrew in is clearly what i'm saying.

Personally i think Mulgrew would be worse at LB than he is in the middle but a toss up again whether he'd do it better than Bell.

Yer sorry I thought you meant Mulgrew would do a job at left back. 

Just now, davulsukur said:

Yer sorry I thought you meant Mulgrew would do a job at left back. 

Nah i don't fancy him anywhere but the bench these days after being replaced by someone capable i just don't think the City kid is it.

It's obvious no one else is coming in - at least no who will make a difference. In any other multimillion pound business a manager who failed to address a weakness in that business and wasted money on another part of that business would be hauled before the board to explain his actions and probably given the sack. Mowbray is allowed to get away with it because he is obviously answerable only to people who clearly do not understand the business they are in. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Sorry pal i've not much time for CM these days defence wise but i can't for the life of me see a 19 year old kid who was at right back last season in this league being a safer bet next to Bell.

Swapping Lenihen to wrong side is bonkers.  

THis is the dilemma our ex defender manager has created though.

Personally i think we are that desperate i'd just replace Bell with Downing for this one and see how it goes surely Mulgrew can put the odd good game in.

He's not 19, he's 22 next month. Yes young, but not that young. He's been a professional footballer for 4 years, played in the champions league and a full season for a playoff champ team last season. How about him next to downing at left back?

2 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

He's not 19, he's 22 next month. Yes young, but not that young. He's been a professional footballer for 4 years, played in the champions league and a full season for a playoff champ team last season. How about him next to downing at left back?

All changes he makes in that area are a big gamble there's no tried and trusted back up so yeah wny not it's just crazy it's being debated after one game but that's where we are at i suppose.

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

It's obvious no one else is coming in - at least no who will make a difference. In any other multimillion pound business a manager who failed to address a weakness in that business and wasted money on another part of that business would be hauled before the board to explain his actions and probably given the sack. Mowbray is allowed to get away with it because he is obviously answerable only to people who clearly do not understand the business they are in. 

He also must be the only person in the country who appointed his own boss.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AAK said:

Surprised the 1700 allocation looks like selling out for this.

I'm wondering if we have sent some back, say 700 or so?

Can't quite fathom that we will have sold that allocation in London at £30 a throw.

Only reason i'm thinking that is we had a 2500 allocation for Leeds on boxing day, a few days before the game Rovers were tweeting that there were only a few tickets left, they just forgot to mention that we sent 1500 back...

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Can't quite fathom that we will have sold that allocation in London at £30 a throw.

Only reason i'm thinking that is we had a 2500 allocation for Leeds on boxing day, a few days before the game Rovers were tweeting that there were only a few tickets left, they just forgot to mention that we sent 1500 back...

Fulham is one of the best away games and we always seem to get a good following there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

Rovers confirmed on twitter pal. Someone asked along the lines of "what so there is only 100 left out of 1700" and Rovers said "yes".

• Like 1

Always love Fulham away. I can see why they were so keen to move back to Cravan Cottage. Such a lovely location for a stadium, by the river and the park. Fulham itself is very nice. First game of season for me.

Bennett dropped for Nyambe or Tosin seems nailed on (you would fervently hope). Mulgrew however looks like he will keep his place as there's no one fit to displace him. If we did sign Hanley he would be a gonner. If not could Grayson get a shot at some point? I don't think Tosin will play left side of central defence 

Tin hat on - I don't actually think Bell is as bad as everyone makes out.  Id rather have him in the side than Bennett or Mulgrew. Alongside a decent CB (ie. Not Mulgrew) I think he would be okay.

Don’t think some people up here realise that we have a large number of southern based fans. The Rovers London Branch is probably our best organised supporters association. So that’s why we always have more fans at say Brentford than Middlesbrough.

Even the likes of Neil Yardley will say something like ‘the 1700 who have travelled from Lancashire’.

In reality I bet not far off half of the away end will be folk that live down there. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Don’t think some people up here realise that we have a large number of southern based fans. The Rovers London Branch is probably our best organised supporters association. So that’s why we always have more fans at say Brentford than Middlesbrough.

Even the likes of Neil Yardley will say something like ‘the 1700 who have travelled from Lancashire’.

In reality I bet not far off half of the away end will be folk that live down there. 

Very true and Fulham is a good day out (anytime) and it is school holidays !!

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

I would be absolutely delighted if Bennett was to be dropped for this game but I suspect there is virtually nil chance that he will be.

Even if we were to get new signings in, doubt many will be thrown straight in. Nyambe should be above Bennett anyhow and Tosin should surely be ready for a bit of action now.

• Like 1

Just now, TonyM said:

Craven Cottage is being redeveloped this season - so their Riverside stand is closed - will be a three sided crowd, but pretty much a sell out I expect.

Yes, no more "neutral end".

Just now, JacknOry said:

Even if we were to get new signings in, doubt many will be thrown straight in. Nyambe should be above Bennett anyhow and Tosin should surely be ready for a bit of action now.

Nyambe and Tosin in would show that Mowbray has some idea about what he is doing. If he makes 1 change, its something, to make neither change is borderline trolling! 

• Like 2

Based off the latest article Rovers have tweeted, I'm telling you, he's going to play Adarabioyo as a RB. He's said Williams and Adarabioyo will feature, and there's no way Lenihan doesn't play.

So I reckon the back-four is going to be:
Bell - Williams - Lenihan - Adarabioyo

Which is an absolute nightmare. West Brom fans constantly slating Adarabioyo as a right back. Urgh.

Has to be better than Bennett there surely? 

It could also mean that Williams is going in a left back, with Tosin partnering Lenihan, whilst Bennett keeps his place at right back.

One of Bennett or Mulgrew is playing, whatever happens.