BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Does Johnson okay centreback??

Every other option looks p!ss poor, hes probably got the experience to be solid their. We got enough midfielders to cover his cm position, plus gives us another opportunity to play another attacking midfielder in their. Travis has the legs to do the dirty work. Hes experienced enough to cover their I reckon. But yeh Johnson is one of our best cms, but I just dont have faith in other cbs ☹️

• Like 1

Mowbray expects Fulham backlash

Have to say, I completely agree with him. But I'd like to have seen some fighting talk about a backlash of our own. No talk of improving from last time out, only that we hope to give a good account of ourselves. Seems a bit timid and preparing us for a pasting tbh. But all that matters is what happens over the 90 minutes, not the pre-match guff.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If Mowbray makes Bennett captain over Lenihan tomorrow I will be fuming. 

It would be up there with Coyle making Lowe captain

He's going to do it though, isn't he? 

It would be a bad decision basically because it would mean he would be in the first team more often than not when he really shouldn't be. Nyambe should be RB and there is no way he should be getting in that midfield as first choice. 

Johnson or Lenihan - would be happy with either but would prefer Johnson for a season or two. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Imagine seeing Bennett as captain tomorrow at 2pm crazy! 

I’m usually a jinx but I think we’ll surprise them here, they are better than us in most positions but takes a while to find your feet again in this league 

• Like 1

For me the team should pick itself tomorrow. Nyambe had a very good AFCON so please just start him. Give Bennett a little rest. 

----------------------------Walton------------

Nyambe-------Lenihan-----Tosin------Cunningham (FINALLY A LB)

----------Johnson-------Travis---------------

Armstrong---------Dack-----------Rothwell

----------------Gallagher----------------------

• Like 6

Here's a thought, naturally Darragh Lenihan seems to be everyones pick for captain but...

Would giving Bradley Dack the armband slap him into gear a bit, give him some responsibility in the dressing room to shape himself and potentially keep him here until after January in the process?

Just now, roverstdt said:

For me the team should pick itself tomorrow. Nyambe had a very good AFCON so please just start him. Give Bennett a little rest. 

You know what, that team has potential. 

• Like 3

2-0 loss I’m afraid, Reed to score (sod’s law)

I’d play:

Walton

Nyambe, Tosin, Lenihan, Cunningham

Johnson, Travis

Armstrong, Dack, Rothwell

Graham

I think we’ll see:

Walton

Bennett, Lenihan, Williams, Downing

Johnson, Evans

Gallagher, Dack, Armstrong

Graham

• Like 1

Rothwell just has to be in the team. First name almost on the teamsheet for me right now.

Armstrong Dack Rothwell 

Then you could have a case for any one of our three strikers in front of them. Id be tempted with Graham as we will be under the cosh a bit so his experience as a target man could be crucial.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dreyski said:

2-0 loss I’m afraid, Reed to score (sod’s law)

I’d play:

Walton

Nyambe, Tosin, Lenihan, Cunningham

Johnson, Travis

Armstrong, Dack, Rothwell

Graham

I think we’ll see:

Walton

Bennett, Lenihan, Williams, Downing

Johnson, Evans

Gallagher, Dack, Armstrong

Graham

Be very surprised if Evans plays. Didn't even come off the bench last week.

I shall be watching this game extremely carefully as what happened yesterday with Mulgrew being booted out the door after a confrontation with TM, if reports are to be believed. I hope that TM has not lost the dressing room.

If he has, it will show on the pitch tomorrow and we are in for a very long run up to Christmas.

Just now, 4000Holes said:

I shall be watching this game extremely carefully as what happened yesterday with Mulgrew being booted out the door after a confrontation with TM, if reports are to be believed. I hope that TM has not lost the dressing room.

If he has, it will show on the pitch tomorrow and we are in for a very long run up to Christmas.

It couldn't get much worse than last Saturday

Just now, rigger said:

It couldn't get much worse than last Saturday

Rigger, I agree but I think that was a set up issue combined with terrible substitutions that took momentum away just at the time  we were making progress.

Tomorrow, we need to look very carefully if the team or certain players are up for it.

Just my view but I am very worried.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Mowbray expects Fulham backlash

Have to say, I completely agree with him. But I'd like to have seen some fighting talk about a backlash of our own. No talk of improving from last time out, only that we hope to give a good account of ourselves. Seems a bit timid and preparing us for a pasting tbh. But all that matters is what happens over the 90 minutes, not the pre-match guff.

Getting his excuses in early I see.

I'm going down to this to see a mate who lives near London and have a good night out. After last Saturday I've mentally written off the game and am expecting an unmitigated disaster. Anything else will be a bonus.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Going forward, i'd probably go the same but i'm sure i read that Cunningham won't be playing tomorrow.

He needs to start getting Rothwell on the field from the off though and dropping Bennett from right back.

my revised team after the window closes and update on injuries

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Williams

Johnson

Travis        Rothwell

Armstrong                     Downing

Brereton

IMO Mowbray team

Walton#

Bennett Lenihan Tosin Williams

Evans  Johnson

Armstrong      Dack     Downing

Gallagher

Barnsley showed last weekend how it is done. Of course that might have been a wake up call for Fulham and them being at home this time changes things but they are clearly beatable. Not interested in them really though, we need to get off the mark, if Barnsley can do it there's no reason we can't.

49 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Rigger, I agree but I think that was a set up issue combined with terrible substitutions that took momentum away just at the time  we were making progress.

Tomorrow, we need to look very carefully if the team or certain players are up for it.

Just my view but I am very worried.

Let’s just hope at 5 tomorrow, we can say well played Rovers 

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

my revised team after the window closes and update on injuries

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Williams

Johnson

Travis        Rothwell

Armstrong                     Downing

Brereton

IMO Mowbray team

Walton#

Bennett Lenihan Tosin Williams

Evans  Johnson

Armstrong      Dack     Downing

Gallagher

Do you think Williams will play? He didn't get any pre-season games in at all? He can't be up to match fitness already.