BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Mowbray expects Fulham backlash

Have to say, I completely agree with him. But I'd like to have seen some fighting talk about a backlash of our own. No talk of improving from last time out, only that we hope to give a good account of ourselves. Seems a bit timid and preparing us for a pasting tbh. But all that matters is what happens over the 90 minutes, not the pre-match guff.

I hope he isn’t saying stuff like this to the players. With the window closed Mowbray should be in bullish mood having got the right players in and let the right players go. Worrying about Fulham is just so Bowyer-esque!

I really hope we win tomorrow, rather than just a ‘positive result’ - as much for Mowbray’s sake as ours. He needs to be able to say “I told you so” as soon as possible by getting points on the board and avoid us getting into a bad run early on. We had enough of a head start last season to maintain a relatively safe distance from trouble but if we are in the bottom three at the start of September then I fear for us.

He needs to have courage of his conviction and play his new charges from the start. I worry that Mowbray will be Mowbray and play Bell and Williams at our left hand side of defence because he isn’t convinced that the new lads are ready.

My choices - even though I’m playing Rothwell out of position due to the lack of natural right winger - I think there are fewer square pegs in round holes. I actually think we will regret not selling Dack for big money this Summer.

9620B543-97F6-456F-8B51-3500C409756B.jpeg.969c27bdeda3642bd903fa1a33fccfa7.jpeg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I hope he isn’t saying stuff like this to the players. With the window closed Mowbray should be in bullish mood having got the right players in and let the right players go. Worrying about Fulham is just so Bowyer-esque!

I really hope we win tomorrow, rather than just a ‘positive result’ - as much for Mowbray’s sake as ours. He needs to be able to say “I told you so” as soon as possible by getting points on the board and avoid us getting into a bad run early on. We had enough of a head start last season to maintain a relatively safe distance from trouble but if we are in the bottom three at the start of September then I fear for us.

He needs to have courage of his conviction and play his new charges from the start. I worry that Mowbray will be Mowbray and play Bell and Williams at our left hand side of defence because he isn’t convinced that the new lads are ready.

My choices - even though I’m playing Rothwell out of position due to the lack of natural right winger - I think there are fewer square pegs in round holes. I actually think we will regret not selling Dack for big money this Summer.

Whilst a win would be a marvellous tonic for the current malaise, to expect it in any way is just setting us up to fail. We are away to what is thought to be one of, if not the, best teams in the league. A draw must be considered a good outcome regardless of how they got caught flat-footed last weekend. Not that we shouldn't go for the win if the opportunity arises.

I suspect we are going to finish the day wishing we had got a point rather than wishing we got 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

my revised team after the window closes and update on injuries

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Williams

Johnson

Travis        Rothwell

Armstrong                     Downing

Brereton

IMO Mowbray team

Walton#

Bennett Lenihan Tosin Williams

Evans  Johnson

Armstrong      Dack     Downing

Gallagher

Brave that you're picking a team without Dack - understandable though as the guy needs to get his mojo back.

Why do you think TM will leave Travis out?

• Backroom
46 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I think that's probably the best team we can hope for. Which is why I doubt we'll see it. I'd be stunned if Bennett was dropped and can't see Mowbray throwing Cunningham into the team so quickly, so I'd say it's highly likely the defence will be Bell - Tosin - Lenihan - Bennett. 

• Like 2

I think it will be:

Walton 

Bennett  Lenihan   Adarbayio Downing 

Travis  Johnson 

Gallagher   Dack       Armstrong 

Graham

My selection

Walton

Nyambe    Lenihan     Tosin     Cunningham

Johnson  Travis

Armstring                Dack         Rothwell     

Gallagher 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DE. said:

I think that's probably the best team we can hope for. Which is why I doubt we'll see it. I'd be stunned if Bennett was dropped and can't see Mowbray throwing Cunningham into the team so quickly, so I'd say it's highly likely the defence will be Bell - Tosin - Lenihan - Bennett. 

Could go either way with Bennett. Punished for an altercation with a fan on social media or stubbornly backing his man?

He’s a senior player rather than a junior one though so I expect Mowbray will back him. That said, he shipped Mulgrew out (and “after only one game” ?) so you never know.

Mowbray doesn’t like throwing young players straight in, he feels the need to protect them or something, but more experienced players tend to go straight in. Cunningham to start.

Let’s see if he thinks ‘the next Vincent Kompany’ is ready - or if Fulham away is just too big a test. He’ll need to start soon or it could be another short-lived loan spell where I could see Guardiola recalling him to loan elsewhere. 36 competitive games for West Brom last season. Not good enough ready to start for us against Charlton.

Really looking forward to this one as Craven Cottage is my favourite away ground.  I think it will be a really tough game and we will need to be at our very best to come away with any sort of result.  Would love a win, of course, but would be happy with a point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, old darwen blue said:

My selection

Walton

Nyambe    Lenihan     Tosin     Cunningham

Johnson  Travis

Armstring                Dack         Rothwell     

Gallagher 

Great minds Mark. That would be exactly my pick too!

Sadly, we both know it won't happen...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Does anyone know if the power problems will effect the trains tomorrow 

Trains are currently running on the West Coast Main Line, but severe weather, & subsequent blanket speed restriction, is causing delays.

The blanket speed restriction is still scheduled to be in place in the north tomorrow until noon,so services heading south will almost certainly continue to be delayed.

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Do you think Williams will play? He didn't get any pre-season games in at all? He can't be up to match fitness already.

No Williams didn't play any pre season. 

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Brave that you're picking a team without Dack - understandable though as the guy needs to get his mojo back.

Why do you think TM will leave Travis out?

I said on here and other social media that I would have took Dack off before Armstrong or Downing. He was awful. I always think we need 3 centre midfielders against Fulham cos of the way they play

Travis didn't track his runner(Charlton left wing back) and His marking of Taylor wasn't good enough. 

I wouldn't drop Travis

• Backroom

The back 5 plus Travis, Dack and Johnson pick their selves, the other positions up for grabs to some extent

Walton 

Nyambe Tosin Lenihan Greggers

Xxx Johnson Travis xxxx

Dack 

xxx

So 2 from Downing, Armstrong and Rothwell out wide and one from DG, Gally and BB up top

Personally I think Brereton should get his chance to stake his place but think it will be DG tomorrow  

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/august/let-battle-commence/

This doesn’t sound like Cunningham will start. Looks like it’s Bell’s place to lose.

Oh Tony...!

Amari’i played at the weekend and knows my thoughts on his performance, and I’d have to say that I’ve seen a real uplift from him in training over the last few days.

“He knows there’s someone here breathing down his neck rather than a young boy who was playing on loan at Southend in the second half of last season.

“There’s now a man vying for his place in the team. You need competition in every position and I think that’s what Greg brings."

Matty Platt has travelled to Fulham.

Good, sensible defender who I’d say is most like Paul Downing if you had to compare him to a recent first teamer.

Just now, Stuart said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/august/let-battle-commence/

This doesn’t sound like Cunningham will start. Looks like it’s Bell’s place to lose.

Oh Tony...!

So basically Bell when under no pressure for his place didn't try too hard but has pulled his finger out now, well at least in friendly fire training.

I think Cunningham will be 1st choice LB quite soon as Bell is constantly an accident waiting to happen and I see him as the next sacrificial lamb after a defeat, so anytime from 5 pm Saturday.

Fulham 4 Rovers 2

Just now, DE. said:

Amari’i played at the weekend and knows my thoughts on his performance, and I’d have to say that I’ve seen a real uplift from him in training over the last few days.

“He knows there’s someone here breathing down his neck rather than a young boy who was playing on loan at Southend in the second half of last season.

“There’s now a man vying for his place in the team. You need competition in every position and I think that’s what Greg brings."

Maybe Mowbray did read the riot act on the defenders and that led to a bust up with him and Mulgrew? 

• Like 1

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Matty Platt has travelled to Fulham.

Good, sensible defender who I’d say is most like Paul Downing if you had to compare him to a recent first teamer.

Personally I don't think he's anywhere near good enough and was amazed he got another year.

• Like 1