BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Backroom

Same old pattern. We look half decent then concede. The more people posted about how well we were playing the more i knew the inevitable was coming. 

Wonder how many clean sheets we'll get this season? More than single figures? 

• Like 1

Just now, matt83 said:

Johnson at fault for the goal. Gave the ball away cheaply. Good finish

Did it 3 or 4 times against Charlton, he got way too much credit last week. Definitely better at going forward though.

Just now, DE. said:

Same old pattern. We look half decent then concede. The more people posted about how well we were playing the more i knew the inevitable was coming. 

It’s a disgrace but he can’t say he wasn’t warned. 

Just now, DE. said:

Don't give a f@ck as long as we win games ..

• Like 1

For me it looked like Dack did a poor job as first defender before the goal. Tried, gave up and created the space for Cairney to shoot. 

Still...like what I see considering we're missing Lenihan and Cunningham.  Brereton to come on with a late equalizer in 2nd half? Would be gold! Not seeing a thumping here.. 

• Like 1

At the game 1-0 down but we look really decent. I have been impressed with both Gallagher and Tosin. Both dominant players. Gallagher wins 90% in the air and covers a huge amount of ground. Good touch too. Bell and Williams have also has played well.

Really on balance of play we should be ahead but somehow 1-0 behind. Standard.

Edit - also have to admit I am a huge member of Rothwell fan club but he's done very little today. Armstrong has produced way more on the right side.

I can see Downing and Graham making an appearance, maybe go 442 and bring Dack and Rothwell off. Dacks been okay but quiet.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Don't give a f@ck as long as we win games ..

Early indications suggest you shouldn't get your hopes up. 

45 minutes to try and salvage something from the first two games of the season, even if it's only a point. Parker's Fulham are there for the taking but concede again and it's game over. 

With that said don't we have a horrifically poor record in recent times of coming from behind to get anything from games? Also thus far no shots on target... Do we practice shooting in training? Only managed two out of fourteen on target last week. 

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Indeed, how many clean sheets did Norwich have last year.

The lads are doing well.

Suffice to say we aren't last season's Norwich. We'll be doing well when we hit the target with one of our shots. Literally can't score otherwise. Get Danny Graham on the pitch ffs, at least he has a track record of scoring. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

Just now, Mike E said:

Conceding against the run of play is a bugger. I think at this point, I'd consider taking Dack off for Brereton and going 442 in the second half.

You must be joking. Dack has been far and away our main outlet and absolute quality. 

Thoughts from the ground

Tosin quality so far

Gallagher is not the answer

Dack fantastic

Armstrong trying but no final quality

Rothwell quiet 

Need to change the striker for me. 

Edited by CambridgeRover

Rothwell has been really quiet this half. All the attacking seems to be utilising Armstrong pace to get in behind Fulham's defence.

Gallagher did win some headers but cant remember if we have any shots on target. Dack is quite decent, showed his strength and quality but didnt create too much.

Defence definitely looked stronger and assured. 

Bell still looks a little suspect. Bennett is okay.

Bell awful, Rothwell having no impact, everyone else good, Tosin and and Del very good. We have been doing very well negating their playing out from the back, there’s clearly been a lot of work on the training ground for this. Just before half time when it went back to the Fulham keeper, our entire team charged up 20 yards in unison.

Downing for Rothwell might be a shout, otherwise no changes for me.

• Like 1

Team set up well. With one exception Armstrong done nothing with the opportunities fed him.

Tosin looks pure class.

Couple of times Fulham have gone down for fouls which were dubious when we were in dangerous positions.

Overall, Fulham couldn't be complaining if it were 0-1 but Cairney scored a worldy.

Solid first half apart from goal... fine first half from tosin and Williams also think Armstrong had been bright... Dack having some Nice passes... Cairneys goal was a strike in the top corner, we all knew he can score from distance. But if we keep it up we can take something from the game.