BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Overall it was a much-improved performance. 

Fulham are quite possibly the best side in the division and 2-0 flattered them. 

If we play like that consistently we will finish top half and challenge for the top 6 - especially when/if the fullback play improves. 

After last week I was deflated. After this week I am cautiously optimistic. 

• Like 7

Just now, Hasta said:

We shouldn't really be picking our centre forward, our biggest goal threat position, just to stifle the opposition. 

Indeed. We closed down their ball-playing defenders well. In fact, first 10 minutes of the second half we created a few good opportunities by stealing the ball from them. Nevertheless, we didn't frighten their goalie at all if truth be told. All that money spent on attack and still a very poor return.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

And then after 8/9 games it will be give him until January. This is not just about this season it is just a continuation of the poor performances that we saw last season. 17 points from out last 19 games says it all.

Some folk just can't/refuse to see the bigger picture.

Awful stats.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2019 at 13:05, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sorry to tell you that downing was signed to compete with bell for the left back position. Leaving chapman as the only out and out winger. I don’t want the striker or mids converted nonsense so I believe another proper winger is needed. Why we haven’t signed a fullback as there is downing/bell one side and Bennett/ nyambe the other. Tony doesn’t want any others 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Did I? Don’t think I did mate. I said he will defo play at times at lb or as a defensive left wing more than an attacking element. 

See above.

Just now, Eddie said:

Overall it was a much-improved performance. 

Fulham are quite possibly the best side in the division and 2-0 flattered them. 

If we play like that consistently we will finish top half and challenge for the top 6 - especially when/if the fullback play improves. 

After last week I was deflated. After this week I am cautiously optimistic. 

We didn't have a shot on target...

We could've played another 90 mins and not come close to scoring.

This team has bottom half written all over it (with the current manager in charge(.

• Like 2

Just now, Displaced Rover said:

We didn't have a shot on target...

We could've played another 90 mins and not come close to scoring.

This team has bottom half written all over it (with the current manager in charge(.

I don't really care about shots on target when you have several good chances. If we go 5 weeks without taking a chance I will be worried, but we created 4-5 very good chances in that match. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

Judge the manager at the end of the window

No Judge the manager after 10 games 

No no Judge him at Christmas 

No no no Judge him after the January window 

Something has to give, we haven’t pushed on, not sure we’ll go down but I feel like we are looking back rather than forward now

I feel your pain Tom but it's still a wee bit too early I think.

• Like 1

Just now, Eddie said:

I don't really care about shots on target when you have several good chances. If we go 5 weeks without taking a chance I will be worried, but we created 4-5 very good chances in that match. 

4/5 good chances?!?

Gallagher put a header wide and Johnson took too long to get a shot away and was closed down. What else did we have?

Defensively we were a bit better, but for all the talk of us being a top 6 side offensively, we looked crap.

With Mowbray here this is a relegation fight, with a competent manager, it might be top 12.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Some folk just can't/refuse to see the bigger picture.

Awful stats.

From the bigger picture is that TM took over the club at its lowest ebb, turned up around, got us promoted at first go and achieved a mid-table finish last season.  Job done.  He deserves this opportunity to put a decent team out.  

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

Something has to give, we haven’t pushed on, not sure we’ll go down but I feel like we are looking back rather than forward now

I've judged him over the last three seasons and he's done well for us.  Is he a world-beater, probably not, but neither are Blackburn Rovers anymore.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

I would sack him for the amateurish way the club conducted themselves during the transfer window ...

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

I’m not sure it won’t.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

From the bigger picture is that TM took over the club at its lowest ebb, turned up around, got us promoted at first go and achieved a mid-table finish last season.  Job done.  He deserves this opportunity to put a decent team out.  

Yes,but the bigger picture and stats says he CAN'T take the club any further!

• Like 2

Just now, Displaced Rover said:

4/5 good chances?!?

Gallagher put a header wide and Johnson took too long to get a shot away and was closed down. What else did we have?

Defensively we were a bit better, but for all the talk of us being a top 6 side offensively, we looked crap.

With Mowbray here this is a relegation fight, with a competent manager, it might be top 12.

Johnson headed wide inside a minute when he should have scored. Gallagher headed wide. Johnson took too long. Dack was marginally offside in a situation where he had no need to be. On top of that we put a number of other decent crosses into the box and also had Armstrong's shot from distance that went just wide. 

Was it fantastic? No. was it as terrible as many are making out? No. 

More importantly - was it an improvement on last week? Yes. 

• Like 7

Just now, Tom said:

Never trust a Judge.

If we are not comfortably mid table come December then has has to go. In no way shape or form should he get another window after the shambles this one has been. I'm thankful for everything he has done but the same mistakes keep being made with no change in sight, I think he has no other plans to engage change and that's frightening.

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

I've judged him over the last three seasons and he's done well for us.  Is he a world-beater, probably not, but neither are Blackburn Rovers anymore.

total bollocks pal.

first season got us relegated. I know about Coyle but we chucked away points we had in the bag which would have kept us up.

second season just about got us out the third division (in spite of him, not because of him).

last season was a disaster but he wasn't judged due to his free season pass.

this season he gets us in the top 6 or he is out.

6 points out of 6 pissed away... not a great start.

same manager, same players, same results ?

• Like 7

Just now, Eddie said:

Johnson headed wide inside a minute when he should have scored. Gallagher headed wide. Johnson took too long. Dack was marginally offside in a situation where he had no need to be. On top of that we put a number of other decent crosses into the box and also had Armstrong's shot from distance that went just wide. 

Was it fantastic? No. was it as terrible as many are making out? No. 

More importantly - was it an improvement on last week? Yes. 

All correct………………..but the bottom line is ……………..we  didn't make their goalie tremble. It's worrying but I'm remaining optimistic after today's performance. We do have decent players but they need to gel soon!

Not convinced by Christian Walton so far, and if we can replace our fullbacks for the next game I think we'll be alright. Peach of a goal by Cairney but he should have collected the ball before Mitrovic got to it. Gallagher could learn a thing or two about movement inside the box from the big Serb tbh.

• Like 1