BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just now, renrag said:

Well you’ve maintained your 100% record ?

Feckin good job the nags do a job for me !

Just as Goodwood was glorious just a short time ago, Ascot today was awesome.  Netted a wonderful hat trick with Stone Of Destiny, Power Of Darkness and Sapa Inca.  That's one hat trick more than either Brereton or Gallagher will deliver this season !

As I keep saying, my Rovers' betting is a bit of fun only though my Mowbray bet @ 19/1 on being the first Championship manager to go is looking pretty tasty !

Edited by Mercer

41 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I've judged him over the last three seasons and he's done well for us.  Is he a world-beater, probably not, but neither are Blackburn Rovers anymore.

He hasn't done well for the last 10 months or so since Preston away.

He's taking us down I'm afraid. Shades of Hodgson where he was poor in the preceding season and it continued into the following season culminating in his dismissal.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DE. said:

17 points from 57 (19 games). 

He’s not going to get fired for a bunch of defeats that were mostly in Feb/March.

If we’d added the second half of 93/94 to the first half of 94/95, we’d have won the league by ten points. Second half of 94/95 and first half of 95/96 and we wouldn’t have been in the top half.

The only stat that counts in P2 L2.

• Like 2

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

He’s not going to get fired for a bunch of defeats that were mostly in Feb/March.

If we’d added the second half of 93/94 to the first half of 94/95, we’d have won the league by ten points. Second half of 94/95 and first half of 95/96 and we wouldn’t have been in the top half.

The only stat that counts in P2 L2.

A manager who had a poor second half of a previous season don’t usually start with a total clean slate in August. Their card is marked to a certain degree. 

Kidd, Harford, Hodgson et al weren’t potted just for a poor start to that season.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Just now, Mercer said:

Feckin good job the nags do a job for me !

Just as Goodwood was glorious just a short time ago, Ascot today was awesome.  Netted a wonderful hat trick with Stone Of Destiny, Power Of Darkness and Sapa Inca.  That's one hat trick more than either Brereton or Gallagher will deliver this season !

As I keep saying, my Rovers' betting is a bit of fun only though my Mowbray bet @ 19/1 on being the first Championship manager to go is looking pretty tasty !

You could post your slips, some people might think you're not being truthful based on your lack of success on the footie. 

Just now, OnePhilT said:

You said that our defensive frailties aren't down to the personnel, yet the two centre backs today were good - far better than last week's two. Are some wires getting crossed on my part?

I meant to say Williams and Adarabioyo in my last sentence in the original reply.

Think RV means more down to manager than personnel. How I read it anyway and is sensible!

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Yes - that's how I understood it. Which is why I pointed out that the two centre backs today performed superbly in comparison to the two last week. So it can't just be down to defensive tactics.. can it? Mulgrew was a converted centre back and designated leader. Today, without him, we were far better, and I think that's a positive to take from the game. Today's failings weren't at the back for me.

And despite all this we still conceded 2 goals. Of the current squad it doesn't matter who plays there as none of them are up to the required standard and that is due to Mowbray's failings in the transfer market, again.

Edited by Ewood Ace

Saw only the second half but the same meaningless attacks conjuring up absolutely nothing meaningful and questions all over the pitch.

Walton is a bag of nerves in net, rooted to his line at crosses. The defensive situation is unforgivably negligent. Lenihan with yet another injury and we are left with 2 centre backs (who looked ok but concentration is a constant issue regardless of personnel) backed up by a kid who couldnt get on the bench at Stanley. Full backs useless, Bell hasnt got a brain and Bennett at fault for yet another goal. Need Cunningham and Nyambe in right away.

Thought Johnson was as bad today as he was impressive last week. The wide area is a dilemma in itself. Why is Chapman so far away from the squad? What is Mowbrays obsession with strikers who cannot play wide being stuck there? Armstrong is a constant but again he was really ineffective.

The striking situation is a joke, 12m for 2 non scoring strikers. Gallagher incredibly ineffective yet again.

Subs a major problem again, we was left with an imbalanced mess that offered nothing by way of a late goal.

• Like 2

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Yes - that's how I understood it. Which is why I pointed out that the two centre backs today performed superbly in comparison to the two last week. So it can't just be down to defensive tactics.. can it? Mulgrew was a converted centre back and designated leader. Today, without him, we were far better, and I think that's a positive to take from the game. Today's failings weren't at the back for me.

Have a look at the 2nd goal, Walton and Williams I think

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Saw only the second half but the same meaningless attacks conjuring up absolutely nothing meaningful and questions all over the pitch.

Walton is a bag of nerves in net, rooted to his line at crosses. The defensive situation is unforgivably negligent. Lenihan with yet another injury and we are left with 2 centre backs (who looked ok but concentration is a constant issue regardless of personnel) backed up by a kid who couldnt get on the bench at Stanley. Full backs useless, Bell hasnt got a brain and Bennett at fault for yet another goal. Need Cunningham and Nyambe in right away.

Thought Johnson was as bad today as he was impressive last week. The wide area is a dilemma in itself. Why is Chapman so far away from the squad? What is Mowbrays obsession with strikers who cannot play wide being stuck there? Armstrong is a constant but again he was really ineffective.

The striking situation is a joke, 12m for 2 non scoring strikers. Gallagher incredibly ineffective yet again.

Subs a major problem again, we was left with an imbalanced mess that offered nothing by way of a late goal.

But apart from that do you think we did well ?

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

I couldn't give a monkey's toss what "some people might think" and furthermore they wont get a second thought when I'm ordering a bottle, or two, of Domaine de Pegau CNP (from my Ascot winnings) for dinner in just under an hour's time. 

Is there a thread for horses? I like a flutter on them and will happily take any tips going

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Yes I agree the two centre backs were far better today than last weeks pairing and we could be ok going forward once Cunningham comes in. Lenihan has always looked better without Mulgrew alongside him as well. Not blaming Mulgrew as he had never been a centre half before he came here. Charlie should have been sitting in front of the back 4 IMO and Mowbray is too bloody stubborn to see or change it when it's staring him in the face. BB left wing sub? Come on that's bloody nonsense. No wonder the lad will have no confidence

Just now, Mercer said:

I couldn't give a monkey's toss what "some people might think" and furthermore they wont get a second thought when I'm ordering a bottle, or two, of Domaine de Pegau CNP (from my Ascot winnings) for dinner in just under an hour's time. 

You should join the Betfair forum Mercer. No-one ever loses on there. You'd fit in well. 

• Like 1

2-0 away against a team packed with premier league talent is far better than I expected. Didn’t see the game, only the highlights, but it sounds like it was a much improved display. Obviously a class first goal but it looked like a goalkeeping error for their second. 

I’m pleased to hear Tosin looks a class act as I think a lot of our season will depend on him playing a big part in tightening up our defence. It’s a gamble but maybe TM is right in having a lot of faith in someone so young. Williams is a decent CB and so is Lenihan, and with Cunningham surely to start the next game, our defence looks a lot better.

I struggle to believe that our attack won’t click into gear sooner or later as we have a lot of talent up there, but they’ve been disappointing so far. I think it’s time for Graham to return up top as we need his experience to get us going. 

I can’t remember a season where we actually started well. Last year we started ok but we never seem to muster many wins in the first five games. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Having a bet is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. 

You've got to study the form, take your time, take out your wad and splash it on a suitable filly. You can then sit back and watch as you clean up.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, adopted scouser said:

My mate for over 30 years Andy died suddenly a month ago, season ticket holder at the turf. Gary his son went to the game today and sat in his Dad's seat, fitting they won three nil and simultaneously we are bottom of the league.

Sorry for your loss mate.

• Like 3

Just on the train back after another disappointing result. I thought we were decent until we gave Cairney the freedom of Craven Cottage to score. The result had an air of inevitability about it from then and in the second half I thought Fulham were better as some of our players disappeared. Gallagher seems to be a poor man's Danny Graham but Mowbray seems to like him.

Losing can become a habit and I'll already fearful that we are in for a long season. Mowbray has questions to answer but his autonomy will prevent this.

• Like 4