BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, J*B said:

First 11 that trained formations today...

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Williams Bell

Johnson Travis

Armstrong Dack Downing

Graham

Ffs....Melton Mowbray needs to go ASAP. 

Really hoping this isn't the team that starts. £12m worth of strikers not even in the side..

Edited by benhben
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/august/let-battle-commence/

This doesn’t sound like Cunningham will start. Looks like it’s Bell’s place to lose.

Oh Tony...!

"that area of the pitch looking extremely strong" ahahahhahahahahhaaha 

Who writes this sh*t? 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, J*B said:

They played against:

Canadian

JRC Nyambe Tosin Cunningham 

Evans Buckley

Chapman Rothwell Brereton

Gallagher

Im told...

Were you told who won?

Also, did you pretty much just do a Bielsa for Fulham by posting it?

People need to just relax and wait to see the team news, not just blindly follow what some bloke on a message board wrote it'd be.

I do think Tosins debut was always earmarked for Oldham on Tuesday and suspect the same for Cunningham now too.

Bennett though, Bennett can sod off onto the bench, cue him bumbling about with the armband on come 3pm ?

• Like 3

Now then Tony lad.

Remember this is a MUST WIN GAME.

The target this season is top 6. That involves consistently winning football matches on the grass, week in, week out.

Last year's free pass has expired. You can't buy a new one from the ticket office, even if you are stupid enough to be prepared to pay the Waggott Tax.

That's how this business works.

Top 6 or you are out.

MUST WIN.... over to you Tony.

• Like 2

From the Rovers link:

“You’re always looking to create competition, everyone needs to feel pressure and that’s what we’ve tried to do," the boss admitted to iFollow Rovers.

“Amari’i played at the weekend and knows my thoughts on his performance, and I’d have to say that I’ve seen a real uplift from him in training over the last few days.

“He knows there’s someone here breathing down his neck rather than a young boy who was playing on loan at Southend in the second half of last season.

“There’s now a man vying for his place in the team. You need competition in every position and I think that’s what Greg brings.

Someone needs to bring him up on this point about completion. Yes we have finally got a decent left back in, but we've REDUCED the competition at centre back. If there was an uplift in Bell's training this week, then there will have been an opposite effect for Lennihan who only has to get out of bed to get in the team now. Mowbray can't have it both ways.

Hopefully Sharpe will question the logic behind leaving ourselves short in the main area that Mowbray identified as being weak.

• Like 1

Bennett will start, absolutely no doubt. In Tony's head he's had one bad game, possibly not even that.

I actually feel like £30 could be top value today, purely to go and vent at Mowbray when we're 1-0 down after 3 mins when Bennett puts Mitrovic through with a blinding defence splitter. 

• Like 1

Just now, rovers11 said:

We’ll get a hammering today. Anthony Knockaert will destroy Bell on the left and Mitrovic will kill us with his aerial ability (and our severe lack of heading ability).

4-1 Fulham 

Yes.  We are not equipped at all to go away, keep it tight and get them on the counter.  We might have the counter bit to an extent if the right players are playing, but it's hard to believe that we wont concede at least a couple in 90 minutes....

Edited by Sparks Rover

I think most would agree this is our strongest team. 

Walton

nyambe Lenihan Tosin cunningham

Johnson travis

armstrong dack rothwell

BB/SG/DG

bench: Canadian, Williams, Buckley, Bennett, Chapman, the other two strikers. 

Literally don’t think we have a preferred striker atm think BB deservers it tho, had the best pre season. One thing I will say is that we won’t have much of the ball today, counter attack is going to be our best chance. Rothwell simply must play. Same for Nyambe. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

“He knows there’s someone here breathing down his neck rather than a young boy who was playing on loan at Southend in the second half of last season.

“There’s now a man vying for his place in the team. You need competition in every position and I think that’s what Greg brings.

Really wish he wouldn’t talk about our young players like that. I’ve never seen a manager do it before, it’s weird.

• Like 4

Just now, TruRover said:

I think most would agree this is our strongest team. 

Walton

nyambe Lenihan Tosin cunningham

Johnson travis

armstrong dack rothwell

BB/SG/DG

bench: Canadian, Williams, Buckley, Bennett, Chapman, the other two strikers. 

Literally don’t think we have a preferred striker atm think BB deservers it tho, had the best pre season. One thing I will say is that we won’t have much of the ball today, counter attack is going to be our best chance. Rothwell simply must play. Same for Nyambe. 

As you said we need our quickest paciest side available to take advantage of any counter attacks. Were not going to our possession them. 

Que Bennett William's Evan's Downing Graham.....

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, RV Blue said:

Really wish he wouldn’t talk about our young players like that. I’ve never seen a manager do it before, it’s weird.

Have to admit I don't think it was necessary to say that either. Not sure what he thinks being so dismissive will achieve. He could have just as easily said "we've got a young lad with potential who had an excellent season out on loan last year, and now an experienced Championship left back in the squad as well, so competition for that place is really solid".

I'd disagree with him but it gets the point across without throwing in the dismissive "boy who was on loan at Southend" remark which comes across a bit snidey. I don't know if he just doesn't think before he speaks or whether he gets a kick out of talking down our youngsters.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

From the Rovers link:

“You’re always looking to create competition, everyone needs to feel pressure and that’s what we’ve tried to do," the boss admitted to iFollow Rovers.

“Amari’i played at the weekend and knows my thoughts on his performance, and I’d have to say that I’ve seen a real uplift from him in training over the last few days.

Someone needs to bring him up on this point about completion. Yes we have finally got a decent left back in, but we've REDUCED the competition at centre back. If there was an uplift in Bell's training this week, then there will have been an opposite effect for Lennihan who only has to get out of bed to get in the team now. Mowbray can't have it both ways.

Hopefully Sharpe will question the logic behind leaving ourselves short in the main area that Mowbray identified as being weak.

Phoney Tony, strikes again. Rick the **** won't be asking any questions like that, it will be all yes Tony, no Tony, three bags full,

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Have to admit I don't think it was necessary to say that either. Not sure what he thinks being so dismissive will achieve. He could have just as easily said "we've got a young lad with potential who had an excellent season out on loan last year, and now an experienced Championship left back in the squad as well, so competition for that place is really solid".

I'd disagree with him but it gets the point across without throwing in the dismissive "boy who was on loan at Southend" remark which comes across a bit snidey. I don't know if he just doesn't think before he speaks or whether he gets a kick out of talking down our youngsters.

I think its called the David Campese Syndrome where Mouth is engaged before Brain. It is progressive.

Or he just a thicko.

16 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

My selection

Walton

Nyambe    Lenihan     Tosin     Cunningham

Johnson  Travis

Armstring                Dack         Rothwell     

Gallagher 

That would be my team, though I'd be equally happy with Graham just depends on the tactics.  Personally, I'd want us to go at them from the off and I think Gallagher pressed very well on occasions last week.

Fulham lost last week and although they made some good signings they lost last week too and I'm hoping Scott Parker is poor for them.

I think if they are played right and on form, we have some very good players there, on their day Dack and Rothwell can take and Championship team apart whilst Johnson and Travis could be top class in the middle.  Cunningham must play as Bell isn't a very good defender and it at least seems TM has seen this going off his comments.  If Tosin is as good as Pep makes out then with him and Nyambe we can push up and condense the play.  Mitrovic was excellent for them in the Championship last time but he isn't quick at all so best way to stop him is to play on the front foot and not allow them lots of possession.

It is gonna be a tough game no doubt, I came down to London on Thursday and currently, the weather isn't too bad, not that windy at all yet.