BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

He infantilises these players. Hart is nearly 23, he does it with Rothwell who turns 25 in a few months. Nyambe another, who is 21, so fairly young, but has over 100 appearances.

These are not ‘young boys’ and should not be treat as such, obviously does it so they are easy to sideline, but can’t help their development.

• Like 4

Just now, SkipDonoghue said:

I've heard Lenihan and Nyambe are out today....hope not

And Matty Platt (centre half) drafted in from 23s, but no Grayson

Didnt take long for neglecting the defence and shipping out 5 of them to bite us in the butt if true

• Like 3

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

I've heard Lenihan and Nyambe are out today....hope not

And Matty Platt (centre half) drafted in from 23s, but no Grayson

You could be right, Matty Platt has definitely travelled down. (Travis instagram story)

• Like 2

I think the way he speaks about young players is more just his way of talking and / or a sign of him being from a certain generation, rather than anything malicious or anti-youth. I think picking on his terminology in this context is just another example of certain people having decided TM is no good for us & using it as another stick to beat him with.

We had one of the youngest teams / squads in the league last season, and that's even when you consider that Mulgrew, Graham, Conway, & Bennett were all well over 30 & got plenty of appearances. In his time he's given Championship debuts to Raya, Rothwell, Butterworth, Travis, Magloire, Davenport, & Buckley, and has since brought their U23 manager into the first team set up which must be to assist their further integration into the first team squad. 

I agree that his use of Nyambe & Rothwell was a bit disappointing / surprising and certainly don't think he should be immune from criticism in some respects, but such criticism should be balanced. Overall I think the criticism he gets for his treatment of young players is overhyped & over analysed by some on here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

From the Rovers link:

“You’re always looking to create competition, everyone needs to feel pressure and that’s what we’ve tried to do," the boss admitted to iFollow Rovers.

“Amari’i played at the weekend and knows my thoughts on his performance, and I’d have to say that I’ve seen a real uplift from him in training over the last few days.

“He knows there’s someone here breathing down his neck rather than a young boy who was playing on loan at Southend in the second half of last season.

“There’s now a man vying for his place in the team. You need competition in every position and I think that’s what Greg brings.

Someone needs to bring him up on this point about completion. Yes we have finally got a decent left back in, but we've REDUCED the competition at centre back. If there was an uplift in Bell's training this week, then there will have been an opposite effect for Lennihan who only has to get out of bed to get in the team now. Mowbray can't have it both ways.

Hopefully Sharpe will question the logic behind leaving ourselves short in the main area that Mowbray identified as being weak.

Your argument could also be applied to Walton (and Raya before him). Leutwiler is NOT competition and our first team keeper is still an automatic pick.

The centre back debacle has taken the spotlight off it to an extent but the failure to bring in a credible goalkeeper (Walton should have been number two) is another big miss by Mowbray.

• Like 1

We've finally got an alleged decent left back therefore 'Amari' should be on the bench hoping and training to win the place back he's lost through plainly not being good enough at this level.

That's how it's done by successful teams Tony ffs!

• Like 3

Just now, sharpysharps86 said:

Wonder if Lenihan is injured or there is unrest after Mulgrew being allowed to go and no replacement brought in. 

Are we about to witness it all massively unravelling for TM? 

Also,  I guess Bennett is captain today then.... 

I've got no idea what happened but Mulgrew was really poor last week, that misdirected header under no pressure in the first half that led to the Taylor chance was shocking.  The other players must see that, I doubt Lenihan appreciated it so even if he was your best mate it'd be hard to defend him unless TM was really nasty which is hard to imagine.

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

You've got to laugh. 

Absolutely no one to blame but himself. 

So, an unfit William's and city youngster to start.

They just need to stand in the middle and head balls away from our goal towards a Johnson or Travis.

Something Mulgrew and Lenihan have proven unable to do. Simple game.

Just now, Blueandwhitemike said:

I've got no idea what happened but Mulgrew was really poor last week, that misdirected header under no pressure in the first half that led to the Taylor chance was shocking.  The other players must see that, I doubt Lenihan appreciated it so even if he was your best mate it'd be hard to defend him unless TM was really nasty which is hard to imagine.

Lenihan certainly didn't appreciate it, he gave Mulgrew a proper dirty look once Walton had made the save.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

You've got to laugh. 

Absolutely no one to blame but himself. 

So, an unfit William's and city youngster to start.

Not much time on the grass or in the building for Williams and the City lad - Mowbray must be bricking it!

16 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

I wonder what Lenihan's opinion was on those 2 passes by Bennett, perhaps he told Mowbray

I doubt he’d say much about the first seeing as Bennett was by the opposition penalty area and perhaps he himself should have done better with the cross.  The second was absolutely atrocious though.  I’d much prefer Nyambe at right back if he’s fit though.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I wonder what Lenihan's opinion was on those 2 passes by Bennett, perhaps he told Mowbray

I think today will be the last we see of Bell for quite some time (thank god!). Cunningham has been brought in to be number one, without a doubt. He’ll probably have to wait a week though. 

If the injury to lenihan is true, then looks like a baptism of fire for Tosin. Personally I’d take a CB pairing of Tosin and Williams over Lenihan/Mulgrew. Ideally it would be Lenihan and one other though.

No chance he’s dropping Downing for Rothwell (Downing did well last week) and there’s a long way to go before he drops Bennett. I think he likes Bennett in the side because his energy sets the work rate and tempo for the other players. 

Just now, Blueandwhitemike said:

I doubt he’d say much about the first seeing as Bennett was by the opposition penalty area and perhaps he himself should have done better with the cross.  The second was absolutely atrocious though.  I’d much prefer Nyambe at right back if he’s fit though.

Give over, atrocious pass followed by the headless chicken run ending up at LB allowing the RB space to be empty and where was the goal scored from? Yes others were at fault too but Bennett caused it.

36 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

I think the way he speaks about young players is more just his way of talking and / or a sign of him being from a certain generation, rather than anything malicious or anti-youth. I think picking on his terminology in this context is just another example of certain people having decided TM is no good for us & using it as another stick to beat him with.

We had one of the youngest teams / squads in the league last season, and that's even when you consider that Mulgrew, Graham, Conway, & Bennett were all well over 30 & got plenty of appearances. In his time he's given Championship debuts to Raya, Rothwell, Butterworth, Travis, Magloire, Davenport, & Buckley, and has since brought their U23 manager into the first team set up which must be to assist their further integration into the first team squad. 

I agree that his use of Nyambe & Rothwell was a bit disappointing / surprising and certainly don't think he should be immune from criticism in some respects, but such criticism should be balanced. Overall I think the criticism he gets for his treatment of young players is overhyped & over analysed by some on here.

Ive no issue particularly with TM, he’s ‘doing ok’ to use a Mogga-ism. 

In my opinion however, he often does take the easy option in sidelining the likes of Nyambe and Rothwell over ‘men’ like Bennett.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Give over, atrocious pass followed by the headless chicken run ending up at LB allowing the RB space to be empty and where was the goal scored from? Yes others were at fault too but Bennett caused it.

You’re entitled to your opinion but a guy giving the ball way 80 metres from goal with Downing behind him isn’t the main culprit for me, fair enough if you think he is.