Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Pace is definitely needed. No excuse for Rothwell not to start. Armstrong should be other flank too, he has not been on his game so far but just having pace scares the bejeezuz out of teams.

Struggling to choose between BB and DG for this too. I previously said BB deserved a start against Charlton and still do but I think away from home we need someone the ball will stick to more. Think I would go with DG to start and hopefully those around him can pick up the pieces when balls are launched at him when we are under the cosh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before lack of defensive signings (and the Charlton debacle) I was really looking forward to this - closest game of the season for me, 10 minute walk to Craven Cottage. As it is now, I struggle to see anything other than 3/4-0 pasting. 

If Mowbray makes the same pig headed team selection as last weekend I expect a somewhat frosty reception from the travelling support...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Pace is definitely needed. No excuse for Rothwell not to start. Armstrong should be other flank too, he has not been on his game so far but just having pace scares the bejeezuz out of teams.

Struggling to choose between BB and DG for this too. I previously said BB deserved a start against Charlton and still do but I think away from home we need someone the ball will stick to more. Think I would go with DG to start and hopefully those around him can pick up the pieces when balls are launched at him when we are under the cosh.

What about Chapman?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think against a possession team like Fulham, who will dominate, we need to set up to counter

                Walton
JRC Lenihan Tosin Downing
               Johnson
             Travis Dack
Rothwell Gallagher Armstrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If coming by train - the Circle & District lines have closures this weekend which will affect your route down to Fulham

Details

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TonyM said:

If coming by train - the Circle & District lines have closures this weekend which will affect your route down to Fulham

Details

 

 

 

 

I would suggest-             Euston on Victoria line to Victoria.

                                       Victoria on district line to Earls court.

                                       Earls court on district line to Putney bridge.

                                       Putney bridge on foot to Eight bells (on the lash)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well imthwy have better squad yes... Its gonna be hard yes but no.. i think that if we have a good match we can return home with 1 point the most dificult rivals suffer against Rovers very often i belive on my team!!!

#TheMexicanRover

#RoversTillIDie

Edited by Alejandro Tapia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, playing with Bell at the back is just like playing with 3 at the back anyway. Only with 4 on the field...

Yes indeed pal awful development

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

Before lack of defensive signings (and the Charlton debacle) I was really looking forward to this - closest game of the season for me, 10 minute walk to Craven Cottage. As it is now, I struggle to see anything other than 3/4-0 pasting. 

If Mowbray makes the same pig headed team selection as last weekend I expect a somewhat frosty reception from the travelling support...

 

A negative reaction from the loyal, travelling support in only the second game of the season would speak volumes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

A negative reaction from the loyal, travelling support in only the second game of the season would speak volumes!

Only if deserved 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RV Blue said:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Bell

Trav Johnson

Arma Dack Rothwell

Graham

No brainer imo.

No brainer - Bell?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tosin next to Bell ????

Would be everything that's wrong with Mownbrays defensive recruitment right there, naive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor
Just now, tomphil said:

Tosin next to Bell ????

Would be everything that's wrong with Mownbrays defensive recruitment right there, naive.

He should be sacked at 5pm tomorrow if we don’t bring anyone else in, it would be footballing suicide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we'll actually do ok at Fulham and at least get a point, we usually did ok last season when expected to lose.  Bit gutted I'm not going despite being rather pissed off at 5pm last Saturday. West Brom away travel sorted though 🤷‍♂️🥳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RV Blue said:

He’s shite, but name a better left back at the club?

Hart, Downing, Mulgrew Grayson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

He should be sacked at 5pm tomorrow if we don’t bring anyone else in, it would be footballing suicide.

If i'd been a Fulham scout and watched Bell struggle then seen us throw the loanee in next to him i'd be recommending sending as many balls down between them as possible.

We might see 3 at the back in this i suspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rigger said:

Hart, Downing, Mulgrew Grayson

And just how do you work that out? 3 of the aren’t left backs, and one did no better than Bell did in league 1 (and he’s injured).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tomphil said:

If i'd been a Fulham scout and watched Bell struggle then seen us throw the loanee in next to him i'd be recommending sending as many balls down between them as possible.

We might see 3 at the back in this i suspect.

So swap Lenihan and Tosin around, better? Or do you suggest persisting with Mulgrew? If the latter then you’re crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rigger said:

I would suggest-             Euston on Victoria line to Victoria.

                                       Victoria on district line to Earls court.

                                       Earls court on district line to Putney bridge.

                                       Putney bridge on foot to Eight bells (on the lash)

Eight Bells on hands and knees to Craven Cottage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RV Blue said:

And just how do you work that out? 3 of the aren’t left backs, and one did no better than Bell did in league 1 (and he’s injured).

The question was to name Rovers players who I thought would be better at left back than Bell. This I have done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.