3 hours ago, Stuart said:

We have a squad now which is difficult to put into a system to get the best out of them.

Any new manager is going to need a couple of windows to get some balance back to the squad and jettison some of the duplicated central players.

What have at the moment is a collection of players, not a team.

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What have at the moment is a collection of players, not a team.

Completely agree with this, and feel like it's been like this for a while.

I always think if we played 3 at the back I could understand all his signings. But we dont, which leaves me scratching my head what he's thinking.

I always think he wants to play 3 at the back, but cant seem to pull the trigger on it.

The squad is set now, so I guess this oldham game will answer if he has any intention of doing it this season or not

7 hours ago, FGS5635 said:

I always think if we played 3 at the back I could understand all his signings. But we dont, which leaves me scratching my head what he's thinking.

I always think he wants to play 3 at the back, but cant seem to pull the trigger on it.

The squad is set now, so I guess this oldham game will answer if he has any intention of doing it this season or not

I think they’ve a Go Ape event planned in October so maybe a month after that.

On 10/08/2019 at 15:40, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Just got back.

I haven’t read any comments so got no idea what the general consensus is.

Overall I was encouraged. I expected a battering and it never looked like occurring. We were by far the better side in the first half and marginally second best in the second. The end result was harsh and a draw would have been fair.

Positives:

Tosin and Williams. Solid throughout. We won’t miss Mulgrew if Tosin can keep that up. Williams looks far more accomplished at CB.

Dack. Was flying into everything and stood out in the first half. He won’t be here for much longer so we should make the most of it, Really encouraged by how well he played.

Travis and Johnson. It works. Really effective together. Best centre mid pairing in years.

Negatives.

Armstrong. He’s not a winger. Gets in behind but the end product isn’t there. Move him central or bring Chapman in.

Bell. Improved in the second half but was clearly our weak link. It’s Cunningham’s spot to lose.

Rothwell. Barely noticed him. Deserves more chances and did nothing wrong but didn’t provide much.

Everyone else did well enough. Bennett looked ok and Gallagher worked really hard. Main concern is the lack of clear chances we created today and last week. Disappointed with how we seemed to down tools after their second. We ran out of steam in the second half and the subs had no real impact. 

Fulham were solid but unspectacular. They will get better I’m sure. 

As a stand alone performance there’s plenty to be pleased about. But we need that first point to get things going, 

As if Mowbary is going to play a winger on the wing.

12 hours ago, FGS5635 said:

The time is now, what other formation allows us to play 2 of our 4 natural strikers, Dack in his favorite position. Bennett/JRC at Right wingback, Even Travis could play right wing back as he did throughout his time in the under 23s, and you could put Rothwell in CM with Johnson playing the half back role. Downing/Cunningham/Bell will all excell at Left Wing back. I also love the balance at the back with a choice of Tosin/Lenihan/Williams or Nyambe/Tosin/Lenihan. 

Perhaps this has been the plan all along but we haven’t had all three ready centre backs yet.

Edited by Fraserkirky