BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Under 18's vs Real Madrid *LINK*

1 hour ago, bazza said:

Oh. Thanks. Well done Rovers.

Easily the better side. I don't know which bit of the game you caught but should've won that 2-0.

Chanka Zimba could easily have been mistaken for Paul Pogba when he came on, definitely one to watch for me.

3 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

Easily the better side. I don't know which bit of the game you caught but should've won that 2-0.

Chanka Zimba could easily have been mistaken for Paul Pogba when he came on, definitely one to watch for me.

I presume Real were in white. The few minutes I watched them midway through the first half the whites were dominant.

• Backroom
6 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

Zimba seems to score every week! 

Did that lithuanian lad play?

Who were easily the better side? Us? Jesus...

7 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

We're good at every age group apart from the first team.

What does that tell you?

Play the youngsters...

Heard from Madrid through friend of a friend that some of our's impressed people who matter in the Real set-up.... 

We would never have got that game if we weren't a Category A Academy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Madon said:

Zimba seems to score every week! 

Did that lithuanian lad play?

Didn't have a team sheet. Isaac Whitehall was good, and that Irish Messi lad I think played and looked impressive. But yeah, Zimba just had a great presence. I think him and Boyoma have massive futures for us, a lot of physicality which is rare at that level.

16 hours ago, bazza said:

I presume Real were in white. The few minutes I watched them midway through the first half the whites were dominant.

Yeah, but over the course of the 90 we should have won the game. Madrid looked tired, and made about 10 subs throughout (so perhaps not as far into pre-season as our lads) but great watch.

13 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Who were easily the better side? Us? Jesus...

Yeah! Quite easily, dominated possession and just had so much physicality than Madrid, who had clear technical skill obviously.

Didn't have a team sheet. Isaac Whitehall was good, and that Irish Messi lad I think played and looked impressive. But yeah, Zimba just had a great presence. I think him and Boyoma have massive futures for us, a lot of physicality which is rare at that level.

Physicality isn't rare at a higher level though. I suspect that will even out more as they age and we will need to see how much technicality they have.

Wasn't that Irish Messi lad on Real or Barca's books at one point?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, philipl said:

Play the youngsters...

Heard from Madrid through friend of a friend that some of our's impressed people who matter in the Real set-up.... 

We would never have got that game if we weren't a Category A Academy.

Any idea which ones? Won't be so great for us to have played this game if we lose a future prodigy for a pittance as a result...

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Any idea which ones? Won't be so great for us to have played this game if we lose a future prodigy for a pittance as a result...

No- feed back comes from a guy with zero interest in football 

But as a mover and shaker in Madrid he is a member of the business club surrounding Real and supports their basketball team. He knows my Rovers passion and asked about our game from someone he knows well who is high enough up in the football club to be mingling at that level.

Sounds like they expected an English club top Academy to give them a game but were surprised that a Championship club could put out such a strong under 18s and that we had some good individual prospects or words to that effect.

• Like 2