BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Greg Cunningham signs on season-long loan from Cardiff

Just now, DE. said:

Literally the worst possible player to get injured, as our only remotely decent left back. 

Which makes Mowbray's blase response even more perplexing. "I dunno, I don't ask physios straight away"

He must have a lot of faith in Bell. :blink:

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I'd be half tempted to throw Sam Hart in there than trying to watch Bell or Williams plod about there again, I have seen enough of them at left back.

Doubt he'll get a look-in tbh. What's he been up to? Playing in the U23s?

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Hopefully it's short term but I think if he is out long term we would switch to 343 with Downing at LWB.

------------------------Walton

---------Lenihan----Tosin----Williams

Bennett----Travis-----Johnson---Downing

-------Dack-----Armstrong-----Holtby

personally I'd swap Dack for Rothwell

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Hopefully it's short term but I think if he is out long term we would switch to 343 with Downing at LWB.

Lenihan is also out injured....

31 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

If we even think about playing 3 at the back then Joe Rankin-Costello should be the right wing back.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'd be half tempted to throw Sam Hart in there than trying to watch Bell or Williams plod about there again, I have seen enough of them at left back.

Lewis Thompson****

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The failure to sign Championship quality defenders in the summer is coming home to roost.

The defence is being patched up with players either playing out of position and/or clearly aren't good enough.

The whole transfer policy has been flawed for the past 3 years (arguably 9!).

If TM's preferred way of playing is with 3 at the back, then ensure that there is at least  a natural left and right footed centre half playing there and at least one commanding centre half to complement. Instead of trying to convert all and sundry to fit. You could apply the same scenario through midfield and up front too. Mowbray's thinking is at best muddled, always has been throughout his tenure.

How many signings, team selections and substitutions could you honestly wholeheartedly understand and agree with during the past 3 years?

His only decent signing is Dack and TM tries to understandably accommodate him wherever and whenever, which IMO further compounds his muddled thinking.

Is it 'a wide forward' or is it 'a winger who tracks back'? Who tracks back to cover a full back? What's pass and move? etc. 

I've scratched my head for 3 years, I'm sure the players must do likewise.

I'm sick of Mowbray and apologies, probably wrong thread.

Edited by darrenrover

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

The failure to sign Championship quality defenders in the summer is coming home to roost.

The defence is being patched up with players either playing out of position and/or clearly aren't good enough.

Yep, we're now a Tosin/Williams injury away from Grayson(?) being thrown in. Neither of those has played centre half at this level much at all either. All very amateur from the club once again.