BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Greg Cunningham signs on season-long loan from Cardiff

Just now, rigger said:

Personally I don’t think it has to be. I would play Nyambe Tosin Williams Hart. If we change to 3 at the back. I would use the first 3

Seriously? 

An out of favor and confidence RB, City kid CB, Williams, and a L1 level LB (or should i say L2)?

Edited by JacknOry

49 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Seriously? 

An out of favor and confidence RB, City kid CB, Williams, and a L1 level LB (or should i say L2)?

But in my opinion still better than what we had last season. An out of position midfielder at right back . A failing midfielder and an out of position midfielder at centre halves. With a left back in Bell who on what he has shown at the Rovers, should not be a pro footballer.

Just now, rigger said:

But in my opinion still better than what we had last season. An out of position midfielder at right back . A failing midfielder and an out of position midfielder at centre halves. With a left back in Bell who on what he has shown at the Rovers, should not be a pro footballer.

Not sure id agree with you on this one being stronger but either way, there really isnt much in it and that is the problem. Shipped close to 70 last season, not sure i see us doing much better this one.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Seriously? 

Any port in a storm, beggars can't be choosers  or Hobson's Choice?

Edited by DeeCee

Just now, JacknOry said:

Not sure id agree with you on this one being stronger but either way, there really isnt much in it and that is the problem. Shipped close to 70 last season, not sure i see us doing much better this one.

At least they would be in their proper positions. I agree that they might not be the best back 4. But I will reserve judgement until I have seen them play together 

On 12/10/2019 at 18:23, JacknOry said:

Seriously? 

In fairness, I reckon the left-back from the 2017/18 League One Team of the Season is probably an adequate League One level left back.

He sure as shit isn't a Championship-level one though!!

Edited by bluebruce
Apologies, just randomly noticed you seem to be talking about Hart, not Bell.

• Backroom
4 hours ago, philipl said:

So Cunningham loan is over as he has a season ending injury.

Wishing Greg all the best for a complete recovery.

His season is over but Mowbray said he may stay here for his recovery, seems odd if so but I imagine we are paying his wages for the season anyway but I’m not sure how these things work 

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

His season is over but Mowbray said he may stay here for his recovery, seems odd if so but I imagine we are paying his wages for the season anyway but I’m not sure how these things work 

Could it also mean that this was a loan with a view to make it permanent? Surely the player would be off back home if not. Why stick around if you are out for the season?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Could it also mean that this was a loan with a view to make it permanent? Surely the player would be off back home if not. Why stick around if you are out for the season?

The kind of injury he has picked up, at this stage of his career...as good as he's been for us, I'd be wary of signing him permanently now.

• Like 3

Side note, as soon as Cunningham took that knock in the game I said take him off. It looked immediately worrying and I know how crap we are at LB without him. Instead we tried to have him play on for a few minutes, which can only have worsened it.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Side note, as soon as Cunningham took that knock in the game I said take him off. It looked immediately worrying and I know how crap we are at LB without him. Instead we tried to have him play on for a few minutes, which can only have worsened it.

A torn ACL, is a torn ACL, it cannot be made worse.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

I'm not a doctor, physio etc but that sounds like bollocks (no offence). Tears can get bigger. Running on them seems a good way to make that happen.

As I said, no medical qualifications here so if I'm wrong I'm wrong. Just doesn't sound right to me.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm not a doctor, physio etc but that sounds like bollocks (no offence). Tears can get bigger. Running on them seems a good way to make that happen.

As I said, no medical qualifications here so if I'm wrong I'm wrong. Just doesn't sound right to me.

It's not going to make you a better player, that's for sure.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You’re wrong, it would be almost impossible to partially tear an ACL

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Same with Harry Chapman when he did his hamstring at Ewood and played on for a while. What are our medical team thinking of? They aren't up to it methinks.

16 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Totaly agree ,as he was still on the touchline before attempting to get up he told the medical personel that he heard something crack

I was 21 when i did my front cruciate ligament never played the same again although i did get help afterwards due to Tony parkes owning  a gym at the time and Andy Burgin helping out but never the same again and to this day i still suffer

Edited by den9112

On 19/10/2019 at 11:37, JacknOry said:

Were probably picking up the medical costs and paying a percentage of his wages for the season as part of the loan agreement. Unless we are obliged to buy him at he end of the season

18 hours ago, rigger said:

Have you had one ?  I have and yes it can as if it was a bad tear he wouldn't have been able to stand up the fact he could hobble around a bit means it probably wasn't, at first.  You get the idea ?

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Have you had one ?  I have and yes it can as if it was a bad tear he wouldn't have been able to stand up the fact he could hobble around a bit means it probably wasn't, at first.  You get the idea ?

I had a complete rupture of my left ACL 30 year’s ago. At the time the prognosis was that I had damaged cartilage tissue. I carried on playing football for a further 10 years. 10 years after that I had an arthroscopy on my knee which brought to light the fact my ACL is now missing. In the mean time I have had reconstructive surgery carried out on the ACL in my other knee. So yes I do have some experience with this type of injury 

6 hours ago, den9112 said:

Totaly agree ,as he was still on the touchline before attempting to get up he told the medical personel that he heard something crack

I was 21 when i did my front cruciate ligament never played the same again although i did get help afterwards due to Tony parkes owning  a gym at the time and Andy Burgin helping out but never the same again and to this day i still suffer

I wouldn't mind another Andy Burgin at left back now. A very neat and tidy player who had a fair bit of pace.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I had a complete rupture of my left ACL 30 year’s ago. At the time the prognosis was that I had damaged cartilage tissue. I carried on playing football for a further 10 years. 10 years after that I had an arthroscopy on my knee which brought to light the fact my ACL is now missing. In the mean time I have had reconstructive surgery carried out on the ACL in my other knee. So yes I do have some experience with this type of injury 

Then you'll know each case is different as people are built differently in terms of muscle structure and size in quads etc.

Anyhow in a pro footballer it needs sorting as soon as it's done otherwise an unstable knee will cause all sorts of other problems. I had a partial tear but being young they told me it should heal well enough in time if i had physo and built up muscle to compensate.  Load of old cobblers it went again then the cartilage split as a result.  Took 4 years 4 opps hundreds of hours physio hundreds of miles on the bike and thousands in fees and lost wages.

All because they assumed it was ok to hobble about on so yes any injury can get worse if it isn't initially completely torn in half. If that was the case he would've been stretchered straight off i would have thought.

Edited by tomphil

• 2 months later...